• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Veroncia Mars and the Mystery of Assassin's Creed

FightyF

Banned
Schafer said:
I feel bad for Jade. She has this badass game and all everyone focuses on are her looks. Stop acting like a bunch of hormonal 14 year olds for christ sake.

Yeah, me too. To a certain extent I'm sure she will take every opportunity to promote the game, she's media friendly and can do great for PR as well. It's just that the reaction towards her involvement with the game has little to do with the game and unfortunately for her while it may generate some interest on the web, but this interest turns into being about her rather than the game, it's not going to necessarily translate into sales.

tetsuoxb said:
The stupid fapping in this thread to a producer (guys, she makes excel sheets to handle budgets and schedules) makes no sense to me.

Are you serious? She makes excel sheets? For Pete's sake!

That's the one thing that turns me on! Oh the cruel irony, I must have her!

Oh and if I may take this opportunity to post one of my photoshops...now, it was done too well (I doubt it), or it just wasn't funny. I'll just post it one more time. :p

if you think producers only handle schedules and budgets then you don't know much about game producers.

incidentally she has a degree in computer science and has programed games for EA

FightyF

Banned
monchi-kun said:
incidentally she has a degree in computer science and has programed games for EA

I can imagine someone fapping and then reading this and then find themselves air fapping. Where'd it go? Wha?! A second bellybutton?

Tellaerin

*shrug* I like the sf angle. The setting and time period of the 'historical' elements don't do much for me, so if that was all there was to the story, I probably would have given the game a pass. The genetic memory angle, on the other hand, intrigues me enough that I'm interested in checking it out now.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I notice that all the shown stuff appears to be from the same area. I wonder if the twist goes furthur, with that area being a tutorial of sorts and the rest of the game being in the future.

Pull a Raiden on everyone.

beat

Are you saying that the game's design is being extracted from someone's DNA?

Yeah, I'm imagining some giant juicer where game developers are thrown in and their resultant pulp is squeezed to produce a game.

Honestly, I don't know why Ubi was playing it coy when their E3 announcement trailers had that kind of sci-fi computer 'glitching' effect near the end.

tetsuoxb

monchi-kun said:
if you think producers only handle schedules and budgets then you don't know much about game producers.

Hehe. Maybe so.

But producers are mainly focused on the three things during the bulk of production. Quick development. Low cost development. High quality development. Unfortunately, they are only allowed to pick two. Sure they have motivational duties and PR/marketing responsibilities, but there are very very few "creative producers". So basically you guys are drooling over someone whose primary job responsibility is to look at MS Project, figure up some stuff and then say "good job guys. We want this done by next week to save some man month costs." Not saying she isn't attractive or engaging in press junkets, but I'd rather fap to the guy who is the design lead than a producer who most likely has very little to do with design aspects. It's pretty clear that you guys aren't interested in anything above the neck with Jade and that is depressing.

eso76

Dunno, i've always thought the game would let you be an assassin in different settings and hystorical periods (?).

Like that old C64 game, you know, where you start as a caveman throwing rocks and punching enemies in the first level while in the second you're a knight (archer? don't remember) and shoot arrows at enemies, then some kind of gangster in 1930, later you're a soldier, all the way up to some guy in a space suit and jet pack firing lazerss.
Forgot it's name though

DeadTrees

Kristin Bell said:
It's actually really interesting to me. It's sort of based on the research that's sort of happening now, about the fact that your genes might be able to hold memory.
Yeah, but do you do ass-to-mouth?

Seriously, this shit was tired in the Metal Gear Solid games, and now it's back for more? Maybe it's a game featuring debunked scientific/religious theories, where you sail on Noah's Ark with Prester John and take on the Loch Ness Monster and the Piltdown Men before they sterilize humanity with their Church's Fried Chicken franchises. Or something.

mr_nothin

Banned
Fight for Freeform said:
Yeah, me too. To a certain extent I'm sure she will take every opportunity to promote the game, she's media friendly and can do great for PR as well. It's just that the reaction towards her involvement with the game has little to do with the game and unfortunately for her while it may generate some interest on the web, but this interest turns into being about her rather than the game, it's not going to necessarily translate into sales.

Are you serious? She makes excel sheets? For Pete's sake!

That's the one thing that turns me on! Oh the cruel irony, I must have her!

Oh and if I may take this opportunity to post one of my photoshops...now, it was done too well (I doubt it), or it just wasn't funny. I'll just post it one more time. :p

Who's that guy on the right side?

EDIT:
ohhh, i see snickers
i dont get it

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
Suddenly, I'm very interested in this game. Time travelling, monk killing, sci-fi exploration of the human psyche, stealthy sneaking, Veronica Mars voice acting.....now all it needs is a pretty girl working on it and....oh, nevermind.

I think they're going the GoW route and holding a lot of the later levels back for the surprise element, but dropping subtle hints so those later levels aren't such a jarring twist on the game (see: Raiden).

The Mule

i heard about this a while ago.

apparently this dude undergoes regression therapy where the technology allows him to re-live a previous life in a VR simulation. Doing so uncovers information that they need in the present time.

OmonRa said:
part of the premise, not a secret surprise twist - and maybe there's not a ton of info on it because it's not a super huge part of the game like so many of you fear

It's really obvious (to me) that this is a framing device whose purpose is to connect AC to AC2 et cetera when each is set in a completely different geographic location and timeframe, and/or to let them present different "missions" for Altair that aren't necessarily geographically contiguous or in chronological order. I doubt that it's particularly relevant during gameplay -- it probably just comes up at the beginning and in little tiny bits during the game, and I'm sure it doesn't affect the actual gameplay in any way.

Is this actually necessary? Not really, no. Will it be a problem? I doubt it -- at least for AC1. But then one good game is all I really expect out of an Ubisoft franchise.

This stuff has been known for a while, although she revealed a little bit more detail.
I think it would be cooler without all the sci-fi gene-memory stuff

shuri

Banned
Kittonwy said:
If anything, right now having Jade as the producer is perhaps the biggest selling point of this game, Jaffe was correct in pointing it out, is Assassin's Creed even all that interesting on a fundamental gameplay level, I'm sure it will have nice procedural animations and all, and it will look pretty.
Did Jaffe actually say that? That AC's only point of interest was that Jade was pretty? Holy shit.

shuri said:
Did Jaffe actually say that? That AC's only point of interest was that Jade was pretty? Holy shit.
no, he didn't. he was comparing how he'd rather have a look at the gameplay mechanics of the game and play it, that would be his point of interest for the game or any game vs technical stuff, fapping over the procedural animations or whatever. it was a him vs some programmers thing or whatever. moron over there completely misread, well misheard, what he said/meant. jade being hot was just a throwaway add-in.

charlequin said:
It's really obvious (to me) that this is a framing device whose purpose is to connect AC to AC2 et cetera when each is set in a completely different geographic location and timeframe, and/or to let them present different "missions" for Altair that aren't necessarily geographically contiguous or in chronological order.

Oh. Did we need to explicitly state this? I guess I give people too much credit.

It's also clear that, as in the first Prince of Persia, this frame story is what will explain death, continues, etc.

Top Bottom