• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Very LTTP: Vib Ripple... is it any good?

ghibli99

I loved Vib Ribbon, but somehow, Vib Ripple flew completely under my gaming radar. How is it? The concept of creating a game out of pictures that you upload sounds interesting to me, but I was curious how it was in actual execution. Vib Ribbon felt really intuitive right out the gate... is the same true for its sequel? If this is as unique and fun as Vib Ribbon, I'll have to begin my search for it. Thanks!

vib-ripple.jpg

FnordChan

I haven't personally played Vib Ripple. I don't know anyone who has. However, thorugh the ever reliable friend of a friend network, I'm told that Vib Ripple wasn't very good. And I say this as a rabbid Vib Ribbon fan who spent well over a minute talking to one person who knew someone who had played the game! Obviously, I speak gospel.

Count me in as someone else who would like the skinny on Vib Ripple.

FnordChan

played it for like 5 minutes and it was enough to put me off to go on any further... maybe it was something i was missing, but all you seemed to do is trample on these photos and not much more. i was disappointed with mojiburibbon, but ripple was just dire... shame.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
perhaps one of the least import friendly games ever. You need to know kanji to play it.

ghibli99

xir said:
perhaps one of the least import friendly games ever. You need to know kanji to play it.
Really? I see very little Japanese text on the gameplay screens:

040607s7.jpg

040607s6.jpg

...or are you talking about the interface? Mojib Ribbon's interface was an exercise in experimentation, though.

Sega

I'm sure he meant Mojib Ribbon. Vib Ripple, I played for a few stages. I recommend you don't buy it. You really do get your fill in 5 minutes. I don't even think it has enough in it to constitute it as a game. Even though I liked Vib Ribbon, seeing screenshots of this, I didn't even have high hopes. Yet it still managed to disappoint me. Buy Technic Beat instead :) (not that it's a similar game, except that you run around in a shiny square and hit ripples, but it's a good and cheap game!)

Beowvlf

Banned
Jonnyram said:
Vib Ripple is pretty duff.
If you want it, you can buy my copy :)
Ever since I saw your pic in that collection thread (I think it's down now though) I've been ridiculously envious of your collection. You live in Japan right? Why'd you move there, and what do you do? (Sorry if off topic, but I've been meaning to ask you this for ages, DC too).

I think I want to import a PS3 and import most of my games too (even better if it's region free), but I've got to get cracking on improving my Japanese (it's weak right now, decent, but still pretty weak). Slightly on topic, do you have Mojib Ribbon? What's it like?

ghibli99

Sega said:
I'm sure he meant Mojib Ribbon. Vib Ripple, I played for a few stages. I recommend you don't buy it. You really do get your fill in 5 minutes. I don't even think it has enough in it to constitute it as a game. Even though I liked Vib Ribbon, seeing screenshots of this, I didn't even have high hopes. Yet it still managed to disappoint me. Buy Technic Beat instead :) (not that it's a similar game, except that you run around in a shiny square and hit ripples, but it's a good and cheap game!)
Damn... what's up with Nana On Sha not being able to do sequels right? Parappa 2 was a steaming pile (aside from the decent retro videogame level), and Vib Ripple sounds like it can't hold a candle to Vib Ribbon.

Oh well, thanks for the feedback -- looks like I'll be steering clear of this one.

Top Bottom