• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[VERY LTTP] XBOX 360 - What should I play?

GAMETA

Banned
Hey boys and girls, so I'm trading an old GTX 770 for an X360 Super Slim.

I had a PS3, a good PC and a WiiU back in the day, so I'm looking for those "special" exclusive games on the 360. My 9yo son will be playing it too, so kid games recommendations are more than welcome.

What I have in mind so far is Forza Horizon 1, Forza Horizon 2 (looks shitty tho) and Read Dead Redemption. Is that a good start?

What else is worth playing in 2019?

Thank you!

GAMETA

Banned
All of the CAVE games would be a great start. DunDunDunpachi Ressurection, Muchi Muchi Pork & Pink Sweets and perhaps some Deathsmiles.

Those are exclusive so far until Deathsmiles comes to PS4/Switch.
I love shmups, but what the hell, I can't play those on the living room with my family, man LOLOLOL

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The Xbox 360 had a pretty good selection of weird, exclusive RPG games

Blue Dragon
Lost Odyssey
Infinite Undiscovery
Fable II
MagnaCarta II
Ninety-Nine Nights

If you're into that sort of thing.

I had a PS3, a good PC and a WiiU back in the day, so I'm looking for those "special" exclusive games on the 360. My 9yo son will be playing it too, so kid games recommendations are more than welcome.

What I have in mind so far is Forza Horizon 1, Forza Horizon 2 (looks shitty tho) and Read Dead Redemption. Is that a good start?

Thank you!

Perfect Dark Zero, Love that game
And maybe the only 360 exclusive I had crazy fun with, back in the days

GrayFoxPL

Don't sleep on Kameo.

Ppl may be shitting on it but for me it had the charm no other game did.

Dead or Alive 4 was awesome too. Unlike later games it's super colorful and has those blue blue skies. Very enjoyable game, especially for non hardcores.

Ninja Gaiden 2 - Didn't play it(only Sigma 2), but it's apparently tour the force.

PGR4 - fantastic racer from gameplay, sound, music and graphics - must have.

Quake 4 -kinda meh but it has Quake 2 on the second disc!

Fake

Left 4 Dead 2, Crysis 1, Fable Aniversary (Fable 2 was bad and Fable 3 the worst of all Fable) and Gears 3. You can thank me later.

Quasicat

There’s a bunch of excellent stuff already listed here. I would add (unless you are in PAL territories or are missing the factory hdd) Panzer Dragoon Orta. Awesome game that still looks amazing!

iconmaster

Banned
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron

It's awesome. And your 9yo will probably love it.

KSgWJwC.jpg

Strider (2014)

Action Metroidvania. Really enjoyed it. You can get it with a higher framerate on newer consoles, but 30fps didn't bother me.

cJHc9P7.jpg

PAC-MAN™ Championship Edition DX+

Of all the modern takes on Pac-Man, this one's the best.

lgjznSV.jpg

Uhm. Ninja Gaiden 2. PGR4 since you're into racing.

Halo 3 and Reach but you're better off with Anniversary if you have access to XB1 or PC. Hard Corps Uprising is supposedly also good. Shadows of the Damned is great but not quite exclusive.

So... not a lot 😅

Last edited:

Walledhouse

I’ve also recently been asked to name worthwhile Xbox 360 exclusives. While I can name a handful for PS3; everything worthwhile I can remember for the 360 was ported to more modern stuff.

538231-blue-dragon-xbox-360-screenshot-shu-using-the-mow-down-ability-1200x675.jpg
  • Blue Dragon; as someone already mentioned. The art style is Akira Toriyama’s, which is the best thing going for it. Apparently may be backwards compatible on Xbox One in the future; not sure if that means digitally available too or not.
screenlg7.jpg
  • Beautiful Katamari; but it you’ve played any of the series before it’s the same old thing. One of the Katamari games is on Steam.
Header_DF-2.jpg
  • Crackdown; the first with the DLC, is still probably better than the two sequels. Damn it! They were ported as enhanced versions to Xbox One and are free.
45569-ingame-Chromehounds.jpg
  • Chromehounds; best mech game that basically doesn’t even work anymore since the shut down the servers. A fan was trying to sell a remake called M.A.V on Steam.
tenchu-z-xbox-360-5.jpg
  • Tenchu Z; yikes this is really getting to the bottom of the barrel. It’s a janky stealth game that re-uses most of it’s levels with different objectives. Your character will be hopeless at first, but you’ll get satisfaction building your custom ultimate ninja. It’s raw fun; and thankfully is exclusive.
I struggle to find anything abandoned on the console. Anything half-way decent had sequels; ports; remakes and remasters. I mean even Too Human has it’s best version on the Xbox One; for free. Rare scooped up their whole catalogue into a collection for Xbox One too.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
  • Blue Dragon; as someone already mentioned. The art style is Akira Toriyama’s, which is the best thing going for it. Apparently may be backwards compatible on Xbox One in the future; not sure if that means digitally available too or not
Game is already backwards compatible and available digitally.

Game is also amazingly nice looking on the One X. But still a really fun game to play if you've only got a 360.

GAMETA

Banned
What games do you like?

Test Drive Unlimited (Best racer of the gen IMO)
Import Tuner Challenge
Ninja Gaiden 2
Condemned

Some that i enjoyed.

Fighting games
Action RPGs
Turn Based Strategy
Metroidvanias
Some JRPGs
Some racing games
Some FPS and TPS

I like games in general as long as they are good... :)

Nightrunner

OP I don't see Splinter Cell Conviction mentioned so I'll recommend that. Conviction leans towards more of a casual stealth experience but it is a really fun stealth/tps hybrid.

intbal

Thank you!

Do you have an Xbox One? I'll assume not, since you'd already know that lots of 360 games play better on XBO.

Did you ever have an Original Xbox? There are 461 Original Xbox games that play on Xbox 360. Here is the list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_with_Xbox_360

I figure plenty of other posters will cover the exclusives. I'll mention a few games that were multiplatform, but which play better on 360 (if you never played them on PS3)

Enslaved - My favorite game of the 7th gen. Plays significantly better on 360 than PS3 (although also better on PC)
Space Marine - Pretty awesome action game with the best Jump Jet in gaming history (also on PC)
El Shaddai - Beautiful action platforming "art game" that changes up visuals constantly (not on PC, PS3 version is just as good)
Alan Wake - Remedy's best game, imo. Looks great on 360. Don't skip the story, it makes the experience. (PC version is much better)
Sacred 2 - The forgotten Action RPG. Large game. Closer to Baldur's Gate than Diablo. One of the few 360 games that renders natively at 1080p. (I don't know how the PS3 version plays)
Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga - Large 3rd person action RPG with lots of wit, interesting character building system, and fun combat. You can also turn into a dragon(!). This version (Dragon Knight Saga) is a rerelease of the original Divinity II:Ego Draconis with bug fixes, significant engine upgrades, the large second chapter expansion and all previous DLC. (PC can run better, has a different HUD/control scheme, and looks slightly different. Never released on PS3)

Naruto: Rise of a Ninja - Completely exclusive to 360 and not backwards compatible. I enjoyed this game until it got way too hard for my poor fighting-game skills.
Halo Reach - Still not available through MCC. Infinite delays. Might never be released. Awesome 360 game.
Metro 2033 - If you never played it on PC. This one never came to PS3, although the REDUX version is available on PS4.

I would call Naruto kid-safe (although maybe not kid-easy, but they seem to adapt more readily than us old folks). El Shaddai is mostly a fantasy platformer. It's a pretty easy game with a lot of eye candy. There are some religious themes in the game (in a fictional, fantasy construction), so you may want to take a deeper look first if you don't want your son exposed to such material.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
360 is my fav console! I only have my old elite model but thinking if I should get Slim or xbox one for bc? but on xbox one gta iv music is removed right ?
Of games that are not on PC:

Gears Trilogy,
Shadows of the Damned
Halo Games
The Darkness (2007) - my silent fav
Chromehounds
Lost Odyssey
Fable 2
Perfect Dark Zero
Earth fucking Defense force 2017 (if You can find it)
In my opinion 360 version of GTA IV is the best GTA IV. That blur and resolution makes it look way better than pc version. Colors/contrast are better too.
Red Dead Redemption
Saint's Row 1 (jank city the game)
Crackdown
Not sure if xbla is active still but Swarm was a fun little game that is not on pc

Halo Tree Fiddy!

Also see if you can find a copy of Red Faction: Gorilla.

In my opinion 360 version of GTA IV is the best GTA IV. That blur and resolution makes it look way better than pc version. Colors/contrast are better too.

The PC version has a mode for that if you press the P button from what I can remember. Also in the settings.

Last edited:
Top Bottom