• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[VERY LTTP] XBOX 360 - What should I play?

Rodolink

Lol, I just remembered MS has Banjo-Kazooie. Are the games post N64 any good?
Nuts and Bolts its a great game if you change your expectations of past Banjo games (3d platformer ala Mario 64) its heavily based around building vehicles to get the jiggies and traverse the levels.

As others already said, the exclusives are a must, and the multiplatform ones have better performance as well:
-Gears 1,2,3
-Halo 3,Ost, Reach
-Mass Effect 1,2,3
-Fable II, III
-Lost Odyssey
-Blue Dragon
-Nier
-Too Human
-Perfect dark Zero
-the Naruto games are cool
-Bayonetta my love
-Devil May Cry IV

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Halo Tree Fiddy!

Also see if you can find a copy of Red Faction: Gorilla.

The PC version has a mode for that if you press the P button from what I can remember. Also in the settings.
yes it does but it scales with resolution. At 4k the blur is gone too. And the color is wrong, cutscenes play wrong (never stops zooming) and many issues

CeeJay

Skip the Xbox360 and get a second hand Xbox One purely for BC. Most of the decent games are available, a lot perform better than the original and you can either buy digital or use the 360 discs. Although, a quick check on Ebay tells me Xbox 360 is very very cheap which could be the deciding factor.

GAMETA

Banned
Skip the Xbox360 and get a second hand Xbox One purely for BC. Most of the decent games are available, a lot perform better than the original and you can either buy digital or use the 360 discs. Although, a quick check on Ebay tells me Xbox 360 is very very cheap which could be the deciding factor.
I traded in an old GPU for it. Inexpensive. Just got it today. If the super slim is this big I wonder how the other ones were. lol

Mega Man

Check out Dark Sector in all it's Unreal Engine GLORY!
maxresdefault.jpg

Thabass

Geometry Wars 2.

Better game than the original and better music than the third one. GW2 is perfect.

Last edited:

Ibara

Alan Wake !! My favorite game on the 360.

alan-wake-wallpaper-5.jpg

All the Cave shmups but be warned Pink Sweets looks all cute and innocent but its ruthless

Gears of war 1-3 (I think) would be a cool trilogy to play for cheap these days if you want to continue in to 4 and 5 right after on your PC

Last edited:

Mihos

Gold Member
Man, everything I was going to list is on PC except chromehounds, and the servers are turned off on that game.

So I've got nothing.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Dante's Inferno.

Should be $5 by now. Play it on the harder difficulty levels, as the easy ones cut out content and traps.

It's God of War, but about 3 rungs down the ladder in terms of production values.

But it runs at 60 fps!

Don't skip Gears Judgment, I'm playing it now and it's better than 3! It's just pure combat in cool little levels with amusing challenges.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Akai Katana is another must-play on 360. The 'Slash' version (which scales nicely in 16:9) looks gorgeous on a modern display.

It is considered the spiritual successor to CAPCOM's Progear. Great soundtrack, great depth to the scoring system, eye-pleasing graphics, insane bullet patterns.

It's also one of the cheapest shmups for the system. Can be found for $10 or 20.

Top Bottom