• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Very Special" indie game revealing at VGX [Up: Hello Games' "No Man's Sky"?]

Game of Thrones TellTale would be amazing.

New ThatGameCompany would be amazing.

Cliffy B's New game would be amazing.

None of these will happen. =(

I blame GAF.

mclem

I'm trying to fathom what a "very special game" could mean; those are very lofty words to throw out, and I'm not sure how that fits with Hello's history.

What is more "very special" than Geometry Wars?

It's sort of the indie game that opened the doors for indie games on consoles.

Yes, I still count it as "indie" even though it was under Bizarre and/or Activision since it was made BY ONE GUY.

Geometry Wars 3. FOR EVERY CONSOLE AND EVEN PC.

"And it will be available right after our show is over!"

lTxC5Kj.png

CliffyB-New-Title-Teaser-Image-570x332.jpg

No?

Empty

What is more "very special" than Geometry Wars?

It's sort of the indie game that opened the doors for indie games on consoles.

Yes, I still count it as "indie" even though it was under Bizarre and/or Activision since it was made BY ONE GUY.

Geometry Wars 3. FOR EVERY CONSOLE AND EVEN PC.

"And it will be available right after our show is over!"

to commemorate this every vgx award will be going to stephen cakebread

goty 2013 - stephen cakebread
studio of the year - stephen cakebread
most anticipated game - stephen cakebread
best nintendo game - stephen cakebread
etc

Gartooth

I don't know if I will have any interest in the game, but it is nice to get a diverse lineup of titles at the show. Quality / promising games should get the recognition they deserve regardless of budget, scale, genre, platform, etc. Now if only the actual awards did this!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So do we know anything about this developer? The situation seems kind of fishy, this isn't going to be another "Moby Dick Studios" is it?

They made Joe Danger 1 and 2.

I'm guessing this is something a bit bigger than that given this is the VGX.

Hello has recruited a few very special people this last year. : )

If special people is the same as 'big names' there's not really many in the Guildford area, outside of Molyneux.

So if it IS the same thing as a big name, then it has to be international talent.

Zia

Using LinkedIn isn't revealing too many, though that's not overly surprising for an indie developer.

Heard any in specific?

I know former Edge editor Alex Wiltshire is working with them. I've heard that they may be working with a "name," but I don't know if that "name" is part of Hello.

I bet its something exclusive to xbox.

Announce some random indie support at the start of the week and close with one big exclusive "get".

I know former Edge editor Alex Wiltshire is working with them. I've heard that they may be working with a "name," but I don't know if that "name" is part of Hello.

A name from outside the industry?

As for ex-journos, that's not as exciting.

Could be, but Hello Games wasn't on that ID@Xbox list that MS released recently.

I am sure they asked developers if they wanted to be publicly listed like that.

For example ThatGameCompany is probably working on a xbone game but they probably dont want there big reveal to be on some random press release.

Top Bottom