• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VG Insighs Report: Fallout Show Season 1 Made Bethesd $80m in Revenue - Player Boost Bigger than Witcher S1

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
and 300% increase in Fallout 76 daily users

TLDR: The Fallout TV series made Bethesda an estimated 80 million dollars in game-related revenue and license fees with just one season. The TV show revitalised interest towards the franchise, boosting game sales and in-game spend. The potential lifetime value of this to Bethesda, the Fallout IP holder, is hundreds of millions of dollars.

Last edited:

XXL

I'm pretty excited for Season 2 of the show. It was much better than I expected. The writing was pretty bad for the first few episodes, but it got better as the show went on. The vault stuff was phenomenal and was definitely my favorite part of the show.

By the time they make a new Fallout considering how long it took them Starfield, we prolly moved on from the show or the show became shit. No point in getting hyped. See ya in 6 years I guess?

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Its a pretty fun and well made show to be honest. Best live action adaptation since Mortal Kombat 1995. Since the 2nd season hints at taking place in New Vegas, surely Bethesda will have a remaster of the fan-favorite New Vegas ready in time for when it drops in 2026/2027 which incorporates graphical upgrades, mod support, and bug fixes!

pls b excited to rebuy Fallout 3

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
And the show is additive since its a new storyline, so I'm not yet burned out on seeing the same thing. Hopefully the quality stays high with the show. I'd like to jump into a Fallout game at some point this year. Haven't played any since part 3.

Ozriel

M$FT
By the time they make a new Fallout considering how long it took them Starfield, we prolly moved on from the show or the show became shit. No point in getting hyped. See ya in 6 years I guess?

Why in the world would you imagine anyone is ‘getting hyped’ over things that don’t exist?

willothedog

obligatory

Super League Money GIF by Anderson .Paak

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
This is awesome. It's gaming to TV done right. With this and The Last of Us, we are in a new era boys!

Reactions: RNG
Fallout was one of the best TV show adaptations ever done. I'm not surprised at all. They actually seemed to like and use the material from the games, and kept a similar vibe. Witcher show-runner and writers hated the source material and made a bunch of shitty changes that turned off a lot of fans. As a huge Witcher fan I could handle all the race swapping in the first season (even if their version of Triss was an absolute travesty), but I couldn't handle changing people's entire personalities. Second season was awful, both story and character wise.

kiphalfton

Gold Member
Its a pretty fun and well made show to be honest. Best live action adaptation since Mortal Kombat 1995. Since the 2nd season hints at taking place in New Vegas, surely Bethesda will have a remaster of the fan-favorite New Vegas ready in time for when it drops in 2026/2027 which incorporates graphical upgrades, mod support, and bug fixes!

pls b excited to rebuy Fallout 3

Is Fallout 3 being remade. I don't keep up with the news.

Playing through FO3 with mods, and it still looks pretty bad and gameplay feels outdated.

adamsapple

Is Fallout 3 being remade. I don't keep up with the news.

Playing through FO3 with mods, and it still looks pretty bad and gameplay feels outdated.

Supposedly a UE5 based visual overhaul over the older game, like Halo: Anniversary. That's what a former Virtuous Games employee said on reddit. I can't find a link for that page though, looks like it's been nuked to oblivion.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
It feels like eons ago when people were saying that fallout is dead now and the show won't do much. Will probably be shit etc.

Weve been pretty lucky.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
And the show is additive since its a new storyline, so I'm not yet burned out on seeing the same thing. Hopefully the quality stays high with the show. I'd like to jump into a Fallout game at some point this year. Haven't played any since part 3.

Yeaaaaaah bud you need to play New Vegas yesterday. You don’t need 100 mods either, vanilla+ dlc is perfectly fine for a first playthrough.

adamsapple

Yeaaaaaah bud you need to play New Vegas yesterday. You don’t need 100 mods either, vanilla+ dlc is perfectly fine for a first playthrough.

And play the Xbox BC version, the PC version is pretty crappy and super unstable even with mods. The Xbox BC version is extremely stable.

Giantbomb are currently trying to do a FO NV series but in their last video, the game crashed 6, 7 times during the 1 hour stream. Grubb has the 4GB Memory Patch already installed and it's still in this state.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I downloaded f76 on steam after watching the show, and I gotta tell ya that game absolutely stinks. Maybe it’s finally time to punish the profligates and do a cesars legion playthrough of new vegas.

I'm pretty excited for Season 2 of the show. It was much better than I expected. The writing was pretty bad for the first few episodes, but it got better as the show went on. The vault stuff was phenomenal and was definitely my favorite part of the show.
Might give it another chance but episode 1 just didn’t do it for me. Love the games but not sure the show is for me.

Oppoi

Our friendly neighbourhood adamsapple will never get tired of watching this forum for some positive MS news. Like, never.

XXL

Might give it another chance but episode 1 just didn’t do it for me. Love the games but not sure the show is for me.
It gets better. Once the vault stuff and the past start picking up, the Wasteland stuff is only ok, in my opinion.

Top Bottom