• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VG Tech: Assassin's Creed Unity - Xbox Series S Frame-Rate Test (Disc Version aka Unpatched)

Md Ray

You read that right. That's unpatched disc version of Assassin's Creed Unity running on Microsoft's disc-less 4 TFLOPS machine - 900p, up to 60fps.

You need a separate Xbox console with a disc drive to do this. More details in the video description.

Edit: Ah, shit. I wanted to add "VG Tech" in the title but forgot. Please help Mod of War Mod of War , sorry. :)

Last edited:

Arun1910

Best looking Assassin's Creed last gen. Ubisoft don't care so it will never happen, but this game truly deserves a 4k patch.
Recently replayed this on my PC (Played first on PS4 at sub 30fps) and seeing it in 4K over 60fps was amazing. This game is easily the best looking AC game to me.

Stuart360

It seems to run the game much better in BC than the PS5. I guess thats due to the XB1 version running at a lower rez than the PS4 version.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Just shows how much Ubisoft over shoot last gen consoles with this game...

You read that right. That's unpatched disc version of Assassin's Creed Unity running on Microsoft's disc-less 4 TFLOPS machine - 900p, up to 60fps.

You need a separate Xbox console with a disc drive to do this. More details in the video description.

Edit: Ah, shit. I wanted to add "VG Tech" in the title but forgot. Please help Mod of War Mod of War , sorry. :)

Series S truly is "pushing the PS5" with this game, offering more stable 60fps than PS5 BC of this particular game.

Md Ray

It seems to run the game much better in BC than the PS5. I guess thats due to the XB1 version running at a lower rez than the PS4 version.
Both XB1 and PS4 versions were 900p. PS5 specifically has issue in this game in BC. That's all.

They need to update this game for new gen
They do. It's glorious.

sJ8d4lu.jpg

vkbest

Series S truly is "pushing the PS5" with this game, offering more stable 60fps than PS5 BC of this particular game.

Sony is not using boost mode on those games. Only some patched games are using Boost mode. In this game PS5 is using the equivalent to PS4 speeds. So around 2TLOPS.

Last edited:

sobaka770

Banned
900p at 60FPS is totally doable considering that on console Unity ran at maybe Medium PC settings?
No amount of patching would solve that horrible horrible pop-in though.

AC Unity was meant for this gen - modern processors probably can handle crowds of this size with DX12/Vulkan.

Sony is not using boost mode on those games. Only some patched games are using Boost mode. In this game PS5 is using the equivalent to PS4 speeds. So around 2TLOPS.

I'm aware :) i believe the frame rate dips when the alpha effects are heavy on the screen. I am sure it will not break a sweat if it gets patched for 1440p60fps on either next gen consoles!

v_iHuGi

Banned

No it just because this game doesn't utilise full Ps5 power, it's on the Ps4 profile so the GPU is basically just well a Ps4.

Md Ray

900p at 60FPS is totally doable considering that on console Unity ran at maybe Medium PC settings?
No amount of patching would solve that horrible horrible pop-in though.

AC Unity was meant for this gen - modern processors probably can handle crowds of this size with DX12/Vulkan.
No, High settings, SSAO on consoles.

That is only due to resolution, it is at a 900p compared to PS4's 1080p.

Same thing happens with games like Sekiro and Hitman that run better on PS5 due to running at a lower resolution on PS4 compared to XB1.

Not sure if you're aware of it but AC unity ran at native 900p on both consoles. It isn't 1080p on PS4, period. AC Black Flag was 900p at PS4 launch and they patched it for 1080p. That didn't happen for AC Unity.

v_iHuGi

Banned
That is only due to resolution, it is at a 900p compared to PS4's 1080p.

Same thing happens with games like Sekiro and Hitman that run better on PS5 due to running at a lower resolution on PS4 compared to XB1.

No it is not due to Resolution.

Ps5 runs this game on "Ps4 Mode" so 1.84tf of RDNA + 1.6ghz of CPU Zen 2 Power.

It drops on GPU heavy scenes because the GPU can´t go past that limit, some games are limited and this is a unpatched game so plenty of bug & problems.

DonJorginho

Banned
Not sure if you're aware of it but AC unity ran at native 900p on both consoles. It isn't 1080p on PS4, period. AC Black Flag was 900p at PS4 launch and they patched it for 1080p. That didn't happen for AC Unity.
Hmm my bad, never noticed that when I played! Well in that case I guess it must be the CPU?

Still these are inconclusive tests as Sekiro runs better on a PS5 than it does a Series X, I think it will just vary randomly on a game by game basis.

DF said it could be something to do with the clock speeds the PS5 sets when playing BC games compared to Xbox so who knows, the Series S is definitely an impressive feat of engineering.

DonJorginho

Banned

It drops on GPU heavy scenes because the GPU can´t go past that limit, some games are limited and this is a unpatched game so plenty of bug & problems.
I just said that to Mr Playstation mate but thank you for the response!

They need a next gen patch as this game is a gem!

but I thought the PS5 is so fantastic? Weird. This make PS5 BC much worse

MrFunSocks

Banned
Hmm my bad, never noticed that when I played! Well in that case I guess it must be the CPU?

Still these are inconclusive tests as Sekiro runs better on a PS5 than it does a Series X, I think it will just vary randomly on a game by game basis.

DF said it could be something to do with the clock speeds the PS5 sets when playing BC games compared to Xbox so who knows, the Series S is definitely an impressive feat of engineering.
Sekiro runs at a higher resolution in the SX than it does on the PS5.

Burger

Still shows it's age on PC - massive amounts of pop in, NPC's switching 2m away from you - apparently due to the massive amounts of draw calls the engine makes. Also the anti-aliasing options are pretty limited.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
And by the way how is the game verified? You have to have on XSS account with this game in purchase list?

Sekiro runs better on ps5 because it’s not native 1800p, it’s CB 1800p. Sekiro on series x runs at native 1800p thus the dips. This doesn’t mean one console is weak and the other is powerful. The broader rational conclusion is neither console has its tech properly utilized for older gen games

DonJorginho

Banned
Sekiro runs better on ps5 because it’s not native 1800p, it’s CB 1800p. Sekiro on series x runs at native 1800p thus the dips. This doesn’t mean one console is weak and the other is powerful. The broader rational conclusion is neither console has its tech properly utilized for older gen games
That's what I'm saying lol, I already mentioned Sekiro's resolution alongside Hitman's that made it run better on PS5, we won't know who is more powerful till later down the generation

Last edited:

vanillaFace

Neo Member
AC Unity was my "next gen" experience. I played it on a Freesync R9 390 setup at 1080p, and it was glorious. I still think it's the best looking and most ambitious AC game. The crowd density is still unmatched.

Top Bottom