• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[VG Tech] Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled PS4/Pro vs Xbox One/X vs Switch Frame Rate Comparison

ethomaz

Banned
You can always want more, but you should still be realistic in your expectations.
My expectations are realistic... others ports were all better in Switch.

This one is a bad port but then you see some saying it is good port lol so there is no standard for Switch’s owners?

Last edited:

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
My expectations are realistic... others ports were all better in Switch.

This one is a bad port but then you see some saying it is good port lol so there is no standard for Switch’s owners?
Sonic Forces dropped from 60fps to 30fps, Doom dropped from 60fps to 30fps, Crash N-Sane Trilogy was very similar to CTRNF. The ports that are closer or identical to their PS4 / Xbox One counterparts are typically indies or games that not close to maxing out the system.

Barnabot

30fps for PS4. 30fps for XBox One. 30fps to Switch. 30Fps to everyone.
To anyone who owns the game . Does playing that racing game at 30 fps is a fine experience? I was expecting one console at least to run this game at 60fps.

thelastword

Banned
This engine sucks, 30 FPS is not good enough
Nothing wrong with the engine, it can do 60fps just fine....I think this was a dev decision on consoles....

YIKES this crap is unacceptable, Nintendo needs to deliver a pro switch ASAP
Terrible mistake going with nvidia

480p will look like absolute trash in handheld mode
Nvidia has always been a terrible decision on consoles, you pay an arm and a leg for crappy GPU's.....

Fake

To anyone who owns the game . Does playing that racing game at 30 fps is a fine experience? I was expecting one console at least to run this game at 60fps.
Fine just like the original CTR for PS1.
Btw I played Sonic and Sega All Star Racing on Xbox 360 just fine as well.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Sonic Forces dropped from 60fps to 30fps, Doom dropped from 60fps to 30fps, Crash N-Sane Trilogy was very similar to CTRNF. The ports that are closer or identical to their PS4 / Xbox One counterparts are typically indies or games that not close to maxing out the system.
The issue is not being identical to PS4 lol
This is a bad port... there is no standard in how low you can go with Switch port because users accept any trash they trow to them.
These games you said as example are in my favor too... they should be 60fps and not have drops.

Instead to take time and do a proper port to Swtch the devs are all doing the drop everything until it runs in a way that won't embarrass us... that is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Yoshi

The issue is not being identical to PS4 lol

This is a bad port... there is no standard in how low you can go with Switch port because users accept any trash they trow to them.

These games you said as example are in my favor too... they should be 60fps and not have drops.
You feel Sonic Forces and Doom should be 60fps on Switch as well? You do realise that Switch is much weaker than Xbox One / PS4, right? So how do you expect developers to match framerates other than by cutting resolution and effects?

ethomaz

Banned
You feel Sonic Forces and Doom should be 60fps on Switch as well? You do realise that Switch is much weaker than Xbox One / PS4, right? So how do you expect developers to match framerates other than by cutting resolution and effects?
By optimizing code... be a dev that do a good job.
You seems too fixed with PS4/XB1 version... I did not even compared the port with these versions... I'm only looking at Switch version and it is bad.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
It is fine since it has no drop or framepace issues.
Except Switch all the others consoles have the same CPU if one was coded to 60fps the others will mostly do close to 60fps too.

I think in most cases the Xbox One X resolution could be higher without affect the CPU workload... seems like the devs didn't take their time with the ports.

Last edited:

Yoshi

By optimizing code... be a dev that do a good job.
You seems too fixed with PS4/XB1 version... I did not even compared the port with these versions... I'm only looking at Switch version and it is bad.
Not comparing it is a bit strange though. If the PS4 version has the same framerate as the Switch version and similar graphics overall, is it not clear that something (in this case, resolution) has to give? The developers are no magicians, and the effort that goes into porting is also tied to the financial frame.

ethomaz

Banned
Not comparing it is a bit strange though. If the PS4 version has the same framerate as the Switch version and similar graphics overall, is it not clear that something (in this case, resolution) has to give? The developers are no magicians, and the effort that goes into porting is also tied to the financial frame.
Well that is why we continue getting unfinished games with bad performance lol

sxNLldx.png

Top Bottom