• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[VGA] Forza Horizon 4 Fortune Island launches Dec 13.

Kagey K

Banned
Just announced at the game awards.

Will update with trailer when posted.

Edit: It should be Fortune Island

Here’s a look from IGN from a few weeks ago.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
I haven’t tried it yet, been burning through the Dragon Age games. It’s updated and installed so maybe I’ll give it a go tomorrow and post some impressions.

Do thy go back to the 3 star rating again? I hated how on some of those races it was like hit a top speed of X, drift for so long and win the race to get 3 stars.
It’s just races and PR stunts with a new treasure hunt mechanic in the open world. The races and stunts are exactly as they would be in the base game.

Who’s got it? What’s the verdict so far?

I like the expansion, but the map has too many auto-reset areas. If I drive off the edge of a cliff, I want to watch the tumble into the ocean, not immediately get reset back to the map. It's something that bugged me about the main game as well.

I do find that the "riddles" for finding the chests were more or less designed for simpletons. They could have made it at least somewhat hard to figure out.

The lighting storms and northern lights are fantastic, as is the Breath of the Wild sunken village in the middle of the map. I could almost picture Link fighting the Stone Talus in the middle of the swamp.

FpEF8rX.jpg

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
The new lighting and effects looks incredible, a step up from the base game wich was already incredible looking.
44487430010_ca61e6d192_o.png

44487431150_35ec0701d0_o.png

45580832624_dd86ff798e_o.png

I'm looking into finally getting an OT up for this game, I've been playing it since launch and still like it, I'm assuming I'm not alone so it should have it's own OT instead of scattered threads. I asked in the OT OT, but I'll ask here too, does anyone mind if I put one up, does anyone else have one almost ready to go?

I haven't been around GAF much lately, but I can't believe it doesn't have an OT. :/ I miss ForzaGAF.

BusierDonkey BusierDonkey I think it'd be great if you put up an OT.

As for the DLC, I only have a few hours in. The lighting and weather effects are great.

Just in case anyone knows: I have a friend who just got FH4 recently. He's pretty much just out of the tutorial section and can't access drift zones on Fortune Island.

I kind of remember opening up more PR stunts as you go, but I don't remember having to unlock them. Anyone know what the issue is?

Drift zones will unlock after you complete a handful of events and stunts. I'm pretty early into the races as I spent a couple hours just discovering roads, and I just unlocked the Fortune Island drift club last night once I started doing some races.

Drift zones will unlock after you complete a handful of events and stunts. I'm pretty early into the races as I spent a couple hours just discovering roads, and I just unlocked the Fortune Island drift club last night once I started doing some races.

Oh, so it's Fortune Island specific. Thanks.

Top Bottom