• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGTECH's Resident Evil 3 Demo XBONEX vs PS4 PRO

Alphagear

Ran amazingly on ps4 pro. No complaints. Looks and runs better than re2 in every way.

Only thing I noticed was zombie damage from bullets/knife seem to be toned down.

Lets hope the full version isnt.

Moses85

My PC is probably total about 2k i think. its 1080p but that fps is just in the hall way tho.
It's about 150-240 fps at 1080p ultra settings
100+ 1440p ultra settings
~60 fps 4k ultra settings, 100 fps low settings
~30 fps at 8k low settings.

Still cheaper then if you have to buy PS4 / PS4 pro / xbox one / xbox one x / PS5 / xbox series X / switch / 3DS/ PSP / PS2 / PS1 / DS / gameboys and all the other stuff below that. /ayyyy

So yea its pretty cheap box actually. Also its a peasant 1080ti, i wish i had a 2080ti, so i could sell it off and buy a 1080ti again and spend 600 bucks on toilet paper.

On a serious note if only i cared what my PC costs.

Toilet paper, toilet paper, who needs this shit?!
Use your shower, so you don’t need toilet paper and spend the money for Oled TV 😂

GymWolf

My PC is probably total about 2k i think. its 1080p but that fps is just in the hall way tho.
It's about 150-240 fps at 1080p ultra settings
100+ 1440p ultra settings
~60 fps 4k ultra settings, 100 fps low settings
~30 fps at 8k low settings.

Still cheaper then if you have to buy PS4 / PS4 pro / xbox one / xbox one x / PS5 / xbox series X / switch / 3DS/ PSP / PS2 / PS1 / DS / gameboys and all the other stuff below that. /ayyyy

So yea its pretty cheap box actually. Also its a peasant 1080ti, i wish i had a 2080ti, so i could sell it off and buy a 1080ti again and spend 600 bucks on toilet paper.

On a serious note if only i cared what my PC costs.
wait, are you doing 4k60ultra with a 1080ti?
lol then i need to try the same with my 2070super...
i only tried 1440p60ultra.

Kenpachii

wait, are you doing 4k60ultra with a 1080ti?
lol then i need to try the same with my 2070super...
i only tried 1440p60ultra.

its around the 60 fps at ultra, u can lower some settings to get it to 60 fps if you care. Personally i don't care for anything under the 90 fps so yea 1080p for me it is for max smoothness. Game is well optimized it seems. as 1080ti sits mostly at ~45 fps in most games at 4k ultra.

thelastword

Banned
nr610Kp.png

flat,128x128,075,t.u2.jpg
Lol, that is referring to the order on the stats pic I posted so people would know which stats belong to which console, it had nothing to do with the performance Hierarchy...

Armorian

Banned
Let me guess, thelastword uploading a game comparison that shows the odd faster FPS on the pro vs xbox, while never posting the ones that show the opposite.
Never change dude, never change.

This is pretty big difference in favor of Pro, this thread is completely justified as X1X version right now is a mess (even normal PS4 has higher framerate).

Ellery

I hope that CAPCOM is going to fix this for Xbox gamers so they can enjoy a smooth game at launch alongside PC and Playstation gamers.

(Played the Demo on PC and loved every second. Looked great and ran very well. Day1 for PC for me)

Armorian

Banned
So do you think he will post any ones where XOX outdoes Pro? Have you seen him post any?

I doubt he would but that doesn't change the facts about how consoles perform in this demo, no matter who posts analysys. This is another (after COD recently) example when developers fucks up performance on more powerful hardware by jumping too high in resolution, maybe there is hope for some PS5 wins next gen after all :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Last edited:

Vroadstar

Let me guess, thelastword uploading a game comparison that shows the odd faster FPS on the pro vs xbox, while never posting the ones that show the opposite.
Never change dude, never change.

So you basically discard all information in this thread just to call out thelastword? just shows who's the bigger fanboy here.

Since you're affected, why not create a similar thread about RE3 performance that favors your favorite console :messenger_winking:

On topic, played the demo on PC looks really good, will download on PS4 again but have to finished RE2 on PS4 first before I add another game to my backlog.

Last edited:

MrA

Glad I went with ps4 pro over xbox on this one (wagered capcom would do something stupid with the xbox release). X is pushing a lot more pixels, but I don't think it's worth the frames... especially since I still use a 1080p tv

Kagey K

Banned
Are we really using demo code, from a company that is famous for doing as little as possible, to start next gen console wars?

Some of you all need to give your head a shake here.

Last edited:
So basically poor optimization on Xbox one x.
No, it's just operating at an absurd resolution for whatever reason. RE2 was 1620p on the X, for some reason they've got this configured for 2160p which is a 77% uptick in resolution.

I'd expect it to be lowered to 1800p or whatever for the final product.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
No, it's just operating at an absurd resolution for whatever reason. RE2 was 1620p on the X, for some reason they've got this configured for 2160p which is a 77% uptick in resolution.

I'd expect it to be lowered to 1800p or whatever for the final product.
It looks to me like some games are getting ready for Smartscreen and optimizing next gen, even if they aren’t ready yet. This unoptimized mess, might look pretty smart very soon.

(I don’t really think Crapcom is smart enough for that) but it will be funny if true.

It looks to me like some games are getting ready for Smartscreen and optimizing next gen, even if they aren’t ready yet. This unoptimized mess, might look pretty smart very soon.

(I don’t really think Crapcom is smart enough for that) but it will be funny if true.
I mean as absurd as it sounds I would actually prefer if they release games like this in this state because if you pop this in the Series X it will be at 4K 60 FPS locked.

Kagey K

Banned
I mean as absurd as it sounds I would actually prefer if they release games like this in this state because if you pop this in the Series X it will be at 4K 60 FPS locked.
I wouldn’t say I prefer it, but it’s obvious now they are looking to the future, and trying to make their games stay relevant, with very minimal effort.

Last edited:

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Well no, because it's capped at 1620p, but if they updated the code so it could so it operated at or scaled to 2160p then yes.
Last one was 1620p on X with some extras and X came out on top on fps. I can't believe people are making a thing out of a demo but then again with the events of the the last few days of people losing their jobs, schools closing, people self isolating and city's and countries in lock down people have to be happy about something.

Edit:
Oh and i almost forgot the PS5 having less TF than XSX.

Vroadstar

Lol Sony can pop a mandated cap? But they can’t figure out how to fix other codes that were running too fast?

I know we are off to Neverland now.

U high

I'm glad to hear we got an expert here who knows more about what a future Sony console can do than Sony themselves. Talk about Neverland and being high 💚

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
If you look at DF's video, you will find that PS4 and PRO are much sharper than XBONES and XBONEX respectively...….The XBOX consoles seem to use an AA method that blurs these games a bit more than usual...…...Sharper image plus more frames, seem to be a winning combination.....

FYI, RE2 Remake was also sharper on the PS machines including DMC5...…..

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
If you look at DF's video, you will find that PS4 and PRO are much sharper than XBONES and XBONEX respectively...….The XBOX consoles seem to use an AA method that blurs these games a bit more than usual...…...Sharper image plus more frames, seem to be a winning combination.....

FYI, RE2 Remake was also sharper on the PS machines including DMC5...…..

In regards of sharpness. But anyway it's stupid "trade-off" on Capcoms part.

thelastword

Banned

In regards of sharpness. But anyway it's stupid "trade-off" on Capcoms part.

Trading AA off for frames? I highly doubt that, the framerate disparity between the PS and XBOX consoles are much too great......I personally prefer the sharper image + higher frames combo...…...Vanilla XBOX is using the same AA as XBONEX, so it has nothing to do with power......I think they just prefer a sharper image on PRO and PS4...….You realize PRO's CB will always be sharper than XBONEX due to CB hardware and they kept PS4 native 1080p to keep it sharp as well.....

I wish there was a 1080 60fps option on PRO, despite it running so well at 1620P....

M1chl

Trading AA off for frames? I highly doubt that, the framerate disparity between the PS and XBOX consoles are much too great......I personally prefer the sharper image + higher frames combo...…...Vanilla XBOX is using the same AA as XBONEX, so it has nothing to do with power......I think they just prefer a sharper image on PRO and PS4...….You realize PRO's CB will always be sharper than XBONEX due to CB hardware and they kept PS4 native 1080p to keep it sharp as well.....

I wish there was a 1080 60fps option on PRO, despite it running so well at 1620P....
Well you get downsampling on Pro, so it's better to run on 1620p, no? I am not sure if I follow, both version (PS, XB) use TAA no? Because it than video D dark10x said that X1X version is sharper. You cannot really tell and to be honest since Amazon CDN is throttled now in Europe, downloading anything on my Pro is for a long time, I am downlloading some patches and then RE3 demo, so I will have screens.

Goliathy

Banned
Actually most games run better on the Xbox one x while pushing double the amount of pixels on screen. The difference is usually much bigger than the paper stats would indicate.

Yeah. On a 4K Screen I‘d rather have a much higher res than just a few frames less. Looks completely different on a huge 4K display.

Goliathy

Banned
This is pretty big difference in favor of Pro, this thread is completely justified as X1X version right now is a mess (even normal PS4 has higher framerate).

It’s still a demo. And games from Japanese devs are often performing worse on Xbox compared to ps for no apparent reason.

thelastword

Banned
Well you get downsampling on Pro, so it's better to run on 1620p, no? I am not sure if I follow, both version (PS, XB) use TAA no? Because it than video D dark10x said that X1X version is sharper. You cannot really tell and to be honest since Amazon CDN is throttled now in Europe, downloading anything on my Pro is for a long time, I am downlloading some patches and then RE3 demo, so I will have screens.
I think the XBOX versions have a higher pass on AA, or maybe different AA methods, the XBOX versions cover jaggies better, but the tradeoff is a much blurrier image vs a few jaggies on high specular surfaces on PS, but a much sharper image....

The same applies for RE2 Remake and DMC5 across the platforms...

M1chl

I think the XBOX versions have a higher pass on AA, or maybe different AA methods, the XBOX versions cover jaggies better, but the tradeoff is a much blurrier image vs a few jaggies on high specular surfaces on PS, but a much sharper image....

The same applies for RE2 Remake and DMC5 across the platforms...
Haven't played RE2 or DMC5 on PS, so I don't know. Good to know. But I still don't know why would you want to PS to run on 1080p tho, if you have downsampling from higher resolution...

thelastword

Banned
Haven't played RE2 or DMC5 on PS, so I don't know. Good to know. But I still don't know why would you want to PS to run on 1080p tho, if you have downsampling from higher resolution...
For the locked 60fps, tbf, just as an option......So people can play how they prefer.....

The design ethos between XBONEX and Series X is pretty much the same, lots of brute power with not much in place for custom engineering and mitigating bottlenecks...….Smart design win everytime….

Bottlenecks?

The X1X has ~40% more flops yet (compared to the Pro) frequently pushes out 70% more pixels per second and sometimes more than 100% more (e.g. the generation's technical showcase, RDR2). It also has a customised CPU L2 arrangement.

The X1X is better able to keep it's execution units busy on both CPU and GPU side. It's been engineered to reduce bottlenecks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom