• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGtech's: Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order: PS4 Pro vs PS4 Frame Rate Comparison

thelastword

Banned

The version tested was 1.02. The default video options were used for performance testing.

PS4 uses a dynamic resolution with the lowest native resolution found being approximately 1280x720 and the highest native resolution found being 1600x900. PS4 uses a form of temporal reconstruction that can increase the pixel count up to 1920x1080.

PS4 Pro in the performance mode uses a dynamic resolution with the lowest native resolution found being approximately 1344x756 and the highest native resolution found being 1600x900. PS4 Pro in the performance mode uses a form of temporal reconstruction that can increase the pixel count up to 1920x1080. PS4 Pro in the resolution mode uses a dynamic resolution with the lowest native resolution found being approximately 1728x972 and the highest native resolution found being approximately 2136x1201. PS4 Pro in the resolution mode uses a form of temporal reconstruction that can increase the pixel count up to 2560x1440.

Stats

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ILyo4_WRM-uAZoZUXwtiJlSbKK6MUEPCqRGIBTa6qcA/edit#gid=0

E2tI6KQ.png

------------------
I think this is the best looking UE4 game out there, bar none...…...Very impressive......

SantaC

The version tested was 1.02. The default video options were used for performance testing.

PS4 uses a dynamic resolution with the lowest native resolution found being approximately 1280x720 and the highest native resolution found being 1600x900. PS4 uses a form of temporal reconstruction that can increase the pixel count up to 1920x1080.

PS4 Pro in the performance mode uses a dynamic resolution with the lowest native resolution found being approximately 1344x756 and the highest native resolution found being 1600x900. PS4 Pro in the performance mode uses a form of temporal reconstruction that can increase the pixel count up to 1920x1080. PS4 Pro in the resolution mode uses a dynamic resolution with the lowest native resolution found being approximately 1728x972 and the highest native resolution found being approximately 2136x1201. PS4 Pro in the resolution mode uses a form of temporal reconstruction that can increase the pixel count up to 2560x1440.

Stats

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ILyo4_WRM-uAZoZUXwtiJlSbKK6MUEPCqRGIBTa6qcA/edit#gid=0

E2tI6KQ.png

------------------
I think this is the best looking UE4 game out there, bar none...…...Very impressive......

Disagree. Even frostbite starwars games look better

thelastword

Banned
Disagree. Even frostbite starwars games look better
Well I just remembered Days Gone is also on UE4 and that is mighty impressive, especially for an open world game...………..Maybe it's the heavy variety on display here in terms of locales, how good they all are, the artstyle and authenticity to star wars lore.......Just saying I'm really impressed by the how detailed and impressive the levels are....The characters models are not the best out there, materials are pretty good though..........It's definitely a looker to me, that's for sure.......

Ovek

7Member7
Don’t know where they’re getting a locked 30fps from because my PS4 Pro chugs its fucking arse of all the fucking time, and I can tell you that’s it’s doing significantly less than 30fps at times.

Performance mode chugs even more because of the even wider frame rate swings yet feels better and more responsive to control.

Codes 208

I think ill stick to rez mode, 48 average with lows going all the way down to 33 sounds too jarring, id rather have a consistent 30fps.

cormack12

Gold Member
I thought Battlefront's environments were astonishing

Nothing has really blown me away so far and I'm currently on kashyyyk. The Tomb levels were particularly bland, and the environmentals for wall running could be prefabs. Enemy design is good though. Yikes at 720 res though. I think this speaks more to Remedys technical proficiency in what is their first ambitious game in this style?

And I agree with Ovek Ovek , there is no way this game retains a solid 30fps on the Pro, and I have the game on an external HDD so have tested a launch Pro and a revised SKU. VGTech just lost a lot of credibility there. It's probably the most common complaint across everyone playing.

Check this out:

The performance mode drops Jedi Fallen Order’s resolution to 1080p with 60 FPS. As I mentioned above, the game holds a solid 60 FPS. What’s interesting is that Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order on PS4 Pro doesn’t drop below 60 FPS even during heavy combat sections.

urm...........there's a real visible effort to really push this game both in terms of performance and in production. It's weird.

thelastword

Banned
Wow 756p! Pro as fuck 😂👌
Its a very demanding game with huge detailed levels...….Also, Epic should concentrate on boosting engine performance on lower end hardware overall...…..I think they made some improvements with their work for VR...…..Fortnite 2.0 saw improvements to visuals and perf...…..We will see what improvements we get on PC with a better CPU and better GPU's...….

thelastword

Banned
XBONEX vs XBONES Framerate Comparison

The version tested was 1.0.2.0. The default video options were used for performance testing.

Xbox One uses a dynamic resolution with the lowest native resolution found being approximately 960x540 and the highest native resolution found being 1280x720. Xbox One uses a form of temporal reconstruction that can increase the pixel count up to 1600x900.

Xbox One X in the performance mode uses a dynamic resolution with the lowest native resolution found being approximately 1600x900 and the highest native resolution found being 1920x1080. Xbox One X in the performance mode seems to use a form of temporal reconstruction that can increase the pixel count up to 1920x1080 when rendering natively below that resolution. Xbox One X in the resolution mode uses a dynamic resolution with the lowest native resolution found being approximately 1920x1080 and the highest native resolution found being approximately 2560x1440. Xbox One X in the resolution mode uses a form of temporal reconstruction that can increase the pixel count up to 3840x2160.

Stats
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AowKiJI10BIRRzfiUcbVpXfP9v4I5fMeQpXTUcOh4zA/edit#gid=0

uJ1ORp1.png

Evilms

Banned

-Xbox One uses a dynamic resolution with the lowest native resolution found being approximately 960x540 and the highest native resolution found being 1280x720. Xbox One uses a form of temporal reconstruction that can increase the pixel count up to 1600x900.

-Xbox One X in the performance mode uses a dynamic resolution with the lowest native resolution found being approximately 1600x900 and the highest native resolution found being 1920x1080. Xbox One X in the performance mode seems to use a form of temporal reconstruction that can increase the pixel count up to 1920x1080 when rendering natively below that resolution.

-Xbox One X in the resolution mode uses a dynamic resolution with the lowest native resolution found being approximately 1920x1080 and the highest native resolution found being approximately 2560x1440. Xbox One X in the resolution mode uses a form of temporal reconstruction that can increase the pixel count up to 3840x2160.

UEPa4gf.jpg

Top Bottom