• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vibrant Puzzler Hue Coming Soon to PS4, PS Vita

Loudninja

Xbox One and PC as well

Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coKjsUpdAXY

Hi everyone, my name’s Henry and I’m the creative mind behind Hue, a vibrant puzzle-platformer where you alter the world by changing its background color. The concept sounds simple, but since we started work on it in 2014, we’ve created a colorful world full of mind-bending puzzles, memorable characters, and heartfelt stories.

You play as the titular Hue, exploring a dangerous grey land, unearthing colored fragments on a journey to find his missing mother. These fragments allow him to manipulate color, creating many gameplay and puzzle-solving opportunities. We’re going to show you a few of these now.

On your adventure, the colored fragments you find will appear on a mysterious wheel. Selecting a color with the right analog stick will change the background color. Then, when obstacles match the background, they disappear — letting you pass through!

As the colors increase, so too do the types of puzzles. Soon you’ll be making all sorts of things appear and disappear. Crates, crumbling rocks, balloons, moving platforms, boulders, and many more items will help or hinder your progress. Remember — you’re one color away from certain death, so solve these puzzles carefully!

It’s not all puzzle-solving in Hue, though. Danger lurks around every corner, and you’ll find yourself quickly switching between colors in a desperate bid to avert danger. Whether it’s being impaled, drowned, crushed, or lasered, you’ll need to use your full spectrum of colors to escape the cold grasp of death.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/08/03/vibrant-puzzler-hue-coming-soon-to-ps4-ps-vita/

This looks pretty amazing.

ZeroGravity

I'm sure it'll be decent...but the term "puzzle-platformer" has become an instant turn-off for me. There are just too many of them.

Zukkoyaki

As cool as this game looks with its unique hook and concept, I'm starting to get pretty bored with puzzle-platformers.

Looks cool though! Hopefully it does well!

21XX

Banned
Looks neat, but that trailer music is off-the-charts dramatic. Striving for emotion that doesn't seem to actually be there. Although who knows what the story beats are. Just feels over the top to me.

wouwie

I'm always down for a good puzzle platform game so i'll probably buy this day one depending on reviews. The release date has been moved to August 30.

wouwie

Just a reminder that this is coming out tomorrow. Scores are starting to appear now (embargo just ended) and they are very good so far. Looks like i'm buying this today. I can't say no to a good puzzle platform game. And there is the pre-order price reduction (at least on PSN).

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
This is kind of a gem, it's really tricky after the opening levels too. The aesthetic is wonderful, I just think it would be really suited for Vita instead of just console.

edit: Oh, it is coming to Vita? Hope it's crossbuy.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Mod should change the title that it is coming to PC and XBox too

wouwie

I just started playing this today and i'm enjoying it. It's a solid puzzle game so far, nothing too difficult yet but i assume difficulty will increase later on. It also has a quite unique and lovely piano soundtrack.

wouwie

And finished.

The best way to describe Hue is "lovely". It looks simple but nice, the controls are solid, it has a very good piano soundtrack and it contains fun but very do-able puzzles. I had fun spending time with Hue and i'm glad smaller but polished games like this are still being made.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Whoa, I missed the fact that this released on Vita with crossbuy last week. Play this, guys, it's a nice effort.

Top Bottom