• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VICE Gaming's New Podcast, with Austin Walker and Patrick Klepek

illusionary

https://vicegamingsnewpodcast.simplecast.fm/

It had to be coming sooner or later, and at last we have a new podcast with Austin and Patrick, formerly of Giant Bomb - this promises to be excellent! iTunes and other podcatcher subscription should be available shortly.

What's good, Internet? Join VICE Gaming's Austin Walker and Patrick Klepek twice a week, as they break down the biggest stories in video games and unfairly compare everything to Dark Souls.

Welcome to the newest podcast by VICE Gaming, co-hosted by Austin Walker and Patrick Klepek!

The plan is to record on Monday and Friday mornings, so we can track and discuss the full week of gaming, without worry that we’re going to miss a major story. We’d love to stream each episode, allowing people to tune in and submit questions, but we’re still working out the tech to make that happen. Stay tuned! Podcast gods willing, that could happen this Friday.

What we don’t have is reader questions, but you can solve that right now. Each episode, we’ll choose one excellent, insightful question to be the focus of an episode-ending segment. You can submit potential topics to gaming@vice.com with the email header “Questions.”

But wait, doesn’t VICE Gaming already have a podcast? That’s true! Our UK editor, Mike Diver, has been hosting a monthly podcast for a while, but as VICE Gaming grows, so will our library of podcasts. Mike’s podcast isn’t going anywhere—there’s just more for everyone.

VICE Gaming isn’t just a place to write about games. It should be a community for smart, thoughtful people to gather and think critically about the medium. This podcast should be an extension of that. We may be the hosts, but you’re the reason it works. Join us?

Edit:
Heads up, according to Patrick on Twitter the Simplecast RSS feed will eventually break. This is the permanent RSS feed: http://vicegamingnew.vice-media.libsynpro.com/rss

iTunes link

Najaf

Good combo, these two. Looking forward to seeing it come together. Hope it doesn't get bogged down by guests who don't bring a unique voice like some of Patrick's past podcasts.

There's zero podcasts released on Monday across my Itunes subs. I'll definitely check this out. Wondering what type of style this one will take.

AAK

What's the merit behind holding a podcast on 2 concurrent business days rather than spreading the second podcast into the middle of the week?

Zaph

What's the merit behind holding a podcast on 2 concurrent business days rather than spreading the second podcast into the middle of the week?
If it's anything like Scoops and the Wolf, loosely speaking, Monday is a catchup on what games were played over the weekend/what they're working on/guest interviews, and Friday is discussing news and topics of that week.

Dylan

Finally a worthy replacement for EGMLive*.

egm_live.gif

This better not be the end of Match Three. Patrick if you left Gita and Sam in the lurch you are setting a horrible example for your daughter.

Monday is already The Simpsons Show and Retronauts for me, Tuesday is the Bombcast, Wednesday is West Wing Weekly, and Friday the Beastcast. If this ends up being good though, I can make space for it on Thursday and the weekend.

Loved Austin, and while I didn't start actively following Giant Bomb until Early 2015, I like the old stuff with Patrick from what I've heard.

Lijik

If it's anything like Scoops and the Wolf, loosely speaking, Monday is a catchup on what games were played over the weekend/what they're working on/guest interviews, and Friday is discussing news and topics of that week.

Plus by having two shows a week they effectively remove any "Well why cant they just do the show on [the next day]??" complaints anytime big news happens the day after they record

Skyzard

Banned
Totally missed the whole Palmer thing, nice to get caught up. Cool start to the podcast, will be listening for sure. Nice to hear their voices again.

Jetku

I drive 3.5+ hours per day for my commute, so I have a large podcast subscription set. Hopefully at twice weekly, this can replace one or two of my podcasts that have gone downhill (player one podcast...)

Top Bottom