• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video game fashion, clothing.

I have a couple Zelda shirts, a Zelda sweater and a Zelda messenger bag.

Also have one Pokemon shirt.

I always get compliments on them.
I have no regrets either way.
Love them.

Goli

Isn't the OP asking more about dressing like characters in video games rather than dressing in video game clothing? It's not the same to wear a Zelda hoodie than to wear Link's tunic.

As for myself, I don't think I dress like any video game characters, and I don't wear gaming related clothes either, but I usually do get looks or comments regarding how I dress since I experiment with unorthodox combinations sometimes, like wearing wooden clogs with high waisted denim jeans and a black sweater.

EDIT: Also, I think fashion in games goes largely ignored or mostly mocked/greatly under appreciated with extreme examples likes Tetsuya Nomura's designs, but there's a lot of really pretty clothes which if taken as they are, without the characters themselves, wouldn't look out of place in many runways.

only sometimes/some people

201504_1531_gehac.jpg

8VHlNXF.png

lmao

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Wearing video game shirts (The Cake is a Lie, N7 Hoodies) is the cringest thing.

Nanashrew

Banned
I can dress like a more modern style of Link with a green colored half button up shirt (mine is a dull looking green similar to TP's Link) and lite white or cream long sleeve shirt underneath. Just need a nice green hat or beanie and some khaki pants and I'm modern Link.

It's not hard to take some concepts, even in fantasy and dress up to more modern or urban styles.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Wearing video game shirts (The Cake is a Lie, N7 Hoodies) is the cringest thing.

Some stuff I won't wear, but I have game themed shirts and comic themed shirts. The game themed ones are usually humour based though.

JSoup

Banned
Some stuff I won't wear, but I have game themed shirts and comic themed shirts.

This. I have a Galaga t-shirt that I'll sometimes wear when out with friends.
It's not like I'm wearing hot pink pants with the words SPERM DUMPSTER bedazzled on my ass, I don't see the issue.

Lashley

This. I have a Galaga t-shirt that I'll sometimes wear when out with friends.
It's not like I'm wearing hot pink pants with the words SPERM DUMPSTER bedazzled on my ass, I don't see the issue.

Wait...You don't wear them to go with those shirts?....

Oh dear, what have I done.

JSoup

Banned
Wait...You don't wear them to go with those shirts?....

Oh dear, what have I done.

ONE TIME.
Convinced a guy it was part of the game.
"Yeah, you're protecting the gay planet of SPERM DUMPSTER from aliens, you didn't know this?!"

I think the most esoteric the better. Like a shirt that says buy somethin will ya! With a hint of Zelda colors but not all in your face with it.

Kindekuma

Banned
I think video game related apparel is a touchy subject. It's very, very easy to over do it. I live on a college campus so I see a lot of people daily with video game related shirts. Now I won't totally exclude myself from that demographic since I wear a Foxhound and Diamond Dog's shirt occasionally.

I see people wearing Mario, Sonic, Minecraft, CoD, Mass Effect clothing and whatnot. It's kind of cringe-y. They tend to always wear light denim blue jeans with tears in them, just doesn't look right. They are also the kind that don't keep up in the hygiene department, and it's rather disgusting. Those kinds are the "that guy" on campus and very few want to interact with them and its sad.

I think subtlety is best in video game clothing though. I mean, if you wear one occasionally then more power to you. If you go subtle and someone gets it, they'll be more likely to spark up conversation and that's best.

E92 M3

Hey guys you should see how much I cringe whenever I notice like-minded people in public. Don't even get me started on how much I cringe when hear there are clubs for people to game together and discuss! Can you believe people actually talk about games outside of the internet! I am cringing writing this!

KiraXD

I have one video game shirt... and love it. but my wardrobe pretty much consists of black punk band tees and skinny jeans.

isFp44abH1hdc.jpg

I think its hard to be so judgey about people wearing game clothing though because some people can pull it off like its just part of their normal style.

But then theres some people who legit look like the stinky kid from high school. Its really hit or miss.

I love the Diamond Dogs and other MGS shirts and Assassins creed "A" shirts, Like these:
Bp0BYhOIcAAf5a4.jpg

Mens_Black_Assassins_Creed_Black_Flag_T_Shirt_hi_res.jpg

but i hate the shirts that have pictures of consoles on them or have some retarded "gamer phrase" or gamer related "joke" the "noob-tees" i call them.

Like this:
iWG3desxyWm76.jpg

I have one video game shirt... and love it. but my wardrobe pretty much consists of black punk band tees and skinny jeans.

isFp44abH1hdc.jpg

I think its hard to be so judgey about people wearing game clothing though because some people can pull it off like its just part of their normal style.

You have no idea how happy this picture makes me :)

Chilikar

I bought my suit for prom specifically based off of Noctis' suit in a recently(at the time) released Final Fantasy Versus XIII trailer.

Woah wait, you actually bought that specific suit? I had no idea they were actually selling it at that time (I always assumed they would put it on sale when the game actually came out). How much did it cost??

And to answer the OP, I actually bought Lacoste shoes with red soles because of Final Fantasy XV (I thought they looked nice). They fit pretty well with my normal clothes, so I don't feel even remotely embarrassed about them. I can only complain about the fact that they get dirty really fast

I don't like clothes that have a game's logo or it's name on it, I like to keep it not too obvious so that only other gamers recognize what it's supposed to represent while the shirt intself still looks cool to other people.

Two of my shirts, the Hotline Miami one is my favorite.

Lashley

I usually wear these shirts to chill at home or if I'm just going local, but heres a selection I have.

I usually always get them from Arcadeblock and the like, but that first 1 I purchased myself.

11116906_935029206549645_511839923_n.jpg

10954716_898651033488578_2122393928_n.jpg

10899337_347474272104771_1994064568_n.jpg

10747803_725752887505835_897966639_n.jpg

10755909_1003552026326856_532630926_n.jpg

10693645_1487730928146928_109217533_n.jpg

I'm wearing the Half-Life shirt now, as a pyjama type shirt. I wore the Donkey Kong shirt yesterday when I popped to the local shop for some bread and milk, etc

Gangxxter

Also do you think video game fashion ever influences society at all?
I wouldn't say video game fashion will influence the society as a whole, but I'm pretty sure we'll see more and more video game related fashion collections in the future.

There is for example Musterbrand who have some pretty cool and decent looking video game related fashion collections. Especially the Ubisoft stuff (Assassin's Creed, Watch Dogs) looks really good.

https://www.musterbrand.com/

I have a T shirt that is literally the green hill zone from Sonic 1. If it makes you cringe then good for you, but frankly I couldn't give a shit what people wear and I don't see why it's of anybody else's concern. Maybe when I was a teen but as an adult, who cares?

Lashley

I wouldn't say video game fashion will influence the society as a whole, but I'm pretty sure we'll see more and more video game related fashion collections in the future.

There is for example Musterbrand who have some pretty cool and decent looking video game related fashion collections. Especially the Ubisoft stuff (Assassin's Creed, Watch Dogs) looks really good.

https://www.musterbrand.com/

Those prices :X

DeSolos

Woah wait, you actually bought that specific suit? I had no idea they were actually selling it at that time (I always assumed they would put it on sale when the game actually came out). How much did it cost??

And to answer the OP, I actually bought Lacoste shoes with red soles because of Final Fantasy XV (I thought they looked nice). They fit pretty well with my normal clothes, so I don't feel even remotely embarrassed about them. I can only complain about the fact that they get dirty really fast

No way XD! I did look though! To this day I haven't found the real suit, but I remember looking through ROEN's catalogue and everything was insanely expensive. I can only imagine what the real suit would have been.

I bought a similar suit at JCPenny lol. Nothing flashy, but it was a very similar cut.

Top Bottom