• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video game man crushes?

EulaCapra

This thread is too tame even for just innocent man crushes, so I'm gonna bring in teh gay.

Resident Evil Yaoi Partners in Crime Piers and Chris
c7LsRGp.jpg

GEvQymr.jpg

Yunseong, one of the many Soul Calibur hunks
qiPFjUz.jpg

FF's Snow
Ghh5yhQ.jpg

Male Shepard
cjyER7h.jpg

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I think, I might be just a little bit too straight (you could call me straight like a horse) to ever have a real (sexual) crush on a male character...but I do like the strong silent types.

Well, that's not what the thread is about, so you should be clear. Some people neglected to read the first post and misunderstood the title, but we're supposed to be bringing up characters you like in a sort of buddy way, or ones that you respect.

I admit a few of mine dip into physical attraction, but generally that's not the point of the thread.

Well, that's not what the thread is about, so you should be clear. Some people neglected to read the first post and misunderstood the title, but we're supposed to be bringing up characters you like in a sort of buddy way, or ones that you respect.

I admit a few of mine dip into physical attraction, but generally that's not the point of the thread.

Well, I think a man crush is in the dead center between actual sexual attraction and just hero worship.
Like for me, the reason I put this up, was I was showing off to my friends my character in Dark Souls, and regrettably humanified myself, and they pointed out to me the character I had painstakingly made through an hour of tweaking was a dead ringer for the RE4 star.
I had made my character Leon completely sub consciously.
So now all my buddies rag on me for being gay for Leon, so I thought I'd share my shame with Gaf, lol.
Also... my fallout 3 character looks like him too... and a lot of my other created characters I'm finding...

Creaking

Well, I think a man crush is in the dead center between actual sexual attraction and just hero worship.
Like for me, the reason I put this up, was I was showing off to my friends my character in Dark Souls, and regrettably humanified myself, and they pointed out to me the character I had painstakingly made through an hour of tweaking was a dead ringer for the RE4 star.
I had made my character Leon completely sub consciously.
So now all my buddies rag on me for being gay for Leon, so I thought I'd share my shame with Gaf, lol.
Also... my fallout 3 character looks like him too... and a lot of my other created characters I'm finding...

My Fallout 3 and New Vegas characters both look like Gordon Freeman, but that was an intentional thing. Well of course his science skill was high!

I'm not sure how being asexual is supposed to affect what qualifies as a "man crush"...

But if I had to boil down the people my eyes sparkle at, I'd be left with:
This wonderful woman
GjDw08u.jpg

These two guys
f5zV1qf.png

And this defrosting father figure
3TVUxzT.jpg

Poor folks who couldn't make this distillation are: Jetstream Sam, Big Boss, Revolver Ocelot, Quiet, most of the rest of the Metal Gear series' cast, Xion for being aesthetically adorable, Kaiden for being a bro and an awesome companion and being my romantic interest in ME3 :)P), Haytham Kenway from AC3, Joshua Kiryu from TWEWY, Alexstraza from Warcraft stuff, and many more.

Though he was already covered in MGS characters, this guy deserves a special shout out for being as dualisticly pretty and manly as his clone-father before him:

7li1yd3.gif

Creaking

His character design looks a lot like Balthier's.

Yeah, I noticed that. Sandy haired slim guys wearing brown leather vests/things over white shirts and both wield old-fashioned fantasy hand guns.

I haven't played Final Fantasy 12 though, so I don't know how Balthier's personality compares to Albus's.

Fitrix

Neo Member
When I was in high school,I had a mancrush on Squall Leonhart from FF8 and use his name when I submitted a painting for my Arts Education to a teacher.The teacher just mocked me for using that name and said it didnt suit me at all.

Now Im working and getting older its Kyle Hyde from Hotel Dusk and Last Window.A man that every man should aspire to be.

Bardiche

I'm gay, so I'm not sure if I counts, but the one and only:

Akira Yuki
Dead_or_Alive_5_First_Time_Pack_8.jpg

He's my first male crush, and he'll probably always remain as my one video game male crush.

Bladenic

Basch from FFXII (Balthier wishes), Raven from Tales of Vesperia, Dante from DmC, Chris Redfield from RE, and Snow from FFXIII.
And others I forgot but have been mentioned here.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Man crush: A crush-like but non-sexual feeling of attraction toward and admiration for a man.

I guess the female equivalent would be a girl crush? So nobody feels excluded.
So, don't be shy now, what's yours?
I usually just call this sort of stuff platonic crushes, friend crushes, or admiration crushes. Or in more specific cases, like if I think a certain games critic is really cool, I'll say I have a games critic crush on them or something. I use twitter crush pretty often, lol. Hell, I've probably used the phrase GAF crush to talk about another GAFer.

Top Bottom