• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Videogame industry & culture researcher" does not know what Xbox One X is.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
There’s probably board members of billion game companies who probably can’t tell the difference. In America, both Sega and Nintendo had people join their ranks who knew nothing about video games. If you think about it, there really hasn’t been a ton of fascinating stories for history books. The best stories come from the experience you get while playing the game.

teezzy

Banned
It's not complicated. People are fucking dumb.

It's Xbox One and Xbox Series and there's an S and an X version of each.

Did these fuckers drop out of community college or what?

jonnyp

He's terrible at his job, not surprising considering what his job is but whoever is responsible for coming up with names for MS' consoles should be keelhauled.

THEAP99

Banned
Not many people know about the Xbox one x anyways so I'm not surprised as the awful branding doesn't make it any easier

Last edited:

Kerlurk

Banned

Last edited:

Jerm411

This guy is the living embodiment of this gif....
durr.gif

royox

Let's be fair, the guy's and idiot but I'm also super confused about the Xbox Stuff....for what I am reading the Series S is the "low specs" of the NEXT GEN but SOMEHOW it's less powerfull than the Xbox One X that is current generation with PS4 pro....I don't understand.

zombrex

I'm really not surprised this is Australia.
Being woke is practically the first selection criteria for Universities and government jobs in this country.

cormack12

Gold Member
Let's be fair, the guy's and idiot but I'm also super confused about the Xbox Stuff....for what I am reading the Series S is the "low specs" of the NEXT GEN but SOMEHOW it's less powerfull than the Xbox One X that is current generation with PS4 pro....I don't understand.

Basically you buy a game for the Xbox
If you have an Xbox One X, it sometimes got enhancements for that SKU (res/textures/frames etc)
2017-11-09_12-40-46.png

This was at developers discretion. And targeted the specific hardware and version of the X1X
The new Xbox is not an Xbox One X so it won't download and install the feature pack
This has nothing to do with power, in fact it sounds like a rudimentary wmi/hardware filter or check
All this shouldn't matter to the user because of smart delivery anyway. This ensures the best version of the game for your harware downloads to the device.
Microsofts strategy was never about legacy modes, it was about scaling the software natively. So these xbox games will play on the XSX and use the power on the table to upscale and increase fps by default. The only thing it can't replace will be any texture packs included as part of the X1X enhancement. I don't own an xbox so can't say how many games that would affect.

Sony have somewhat mitigated this with the legacy modes, so any enhancements for the PS4 Pro will run in a sandbox. This remains to be seen how well it works ultimately. But it means the game will onyl run as it did on the Pro, so it can't leverage the power on the table to have a 'boosted' PS4 Pro legacy mode (as I understand it, correct me if I'm wrong someone)

ETZ7qA1WsAYQcZN.jpg

John Day

I thought at first that he was joking on the naming of these products. Then I realized “nah, dude’s just an idiot”.

Someone mentioned it earlier, pronouns in bio=DANGER ALERT

CeeJay

There are 4 main Xbox Ones (Xbox One, Xbox One S, SAD and Xbox One X) and 2 Xbox Series (XSS an XSX) models to follow, how hard can that be WHEN IT'S YOUR JOB?

If you look at virtually any other type of product, the manufacturers have way way more different product lines on the market at the same time. Cars, TVs, phones, computers, trainers, even fucking toothpaste! If your job is to research something and you can't even Google it to find out what it is it then you are definitely in the wrong job. Just think though, people are going to take this guy's research seriously and make decisions off it!

semicool

Banned
Just throw out all logic and hate on anyone you disagree with by calling them dumb while not understanding what they are saying, while additionaly making yourself look dumb in the process.
Sure! Your statement here is full of "logic" and "truth"!

Last edited:
Top Bottom