• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Village Voice: The 20 Worst Songs of 2010, What's Yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
InaudibleWhispa said:
The newest Black Eyed Peas song is not only the worst song I've heard this year, but one of the worst songs I have ever heard.

will.i.am: "Well, I've just spent five minutes writing this shitty techno-rap track, and I don't feel like writing a chorus. I know - I'll just lift one from a popular '80s song at random, with no regard whatsoever for whether it sounds like it belongs in the same song as the verses!"

The only consolation is that they didn't choose a good '80s song to rape and murder - imagine what they could have done to New Order with "C U Fallin (Dirty Bit)."

Afrodium

Banned
Nappuccino said:
what?

no "I whip my hair back and forth I whip my hair back and foroth I whip my hair back and forth I whip my hair back and forth I whip my hair back and foroth I whip my hair back and forth I whip my hair back and forth I whip my hair back and foroth I whip my hair back and forth I whip my hair back and forth I whip my hair back and foroth I whip my hair back and forth?"
I had been hearing about this song for awhile, and this post got me to finally go to youtube to see what everyone was talking about. I don't care if it's by a ten year old, it is one of the worst pieces of shit I've ever heard. The fact that it isn't on that list is an atrocity.

InaudibleWhispa said:
The newest Black Eyed Peas song is not only the worst song I've heard this year, but one of the worst songs I have ever heard.

QFT.

I like this part:

(will.i.am)

I’ve had the time of my life
And I’ve never felt this way before
And I swear this is true
And I owe it all to you

(Fergie)

And I swear this is true
And I owe it all to you

Then the rest is pure garbage. So freaking terrible, the stutter electronic mix in it is obscene. I hate it so much because I actually like the beginning of it, then the rest is one of the worst songs I have heard. ever.

Whilst I completely understand why some people have an intense dislike for Salem, I don't see how Trapdoor could be on this list, and especially that near the top.

Dipper145

Too many old people on gaf hating on the popular music of today's generation. Must not be many 20 year olds on here.

I wish the internet was around back in your day, when you had to walk to school and back uphill both ways in 10 feet of snow, so that even older people could hate on the popular music back then too.

I think I've only heard of like two songs on that list, never really liked train.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Patriotsbball5460 said:
QFT.

I like this part:

(will.i.am)

And I swear this is true
And I owe it all to you

(Fergie)

And I swear this is true
And I owe it all to you

Then the rest is pure garbage. So freaking terrible, the stutter electronic mix in it is obscene. I hate it so much because I actually like the beginning of it, then the rest is one of the worst songs I have heard. ever.

Well that part is lifted from this. That song is fail all around.

Too many old people on gaf hating on the popular music of today's generation. Must not be many 20 year olds on here.

I wish the internet was around back in your day, when you had to walk to school and back uphill both ways in 10 feet of snow, so that even older people could hate on the popular music back then too.

I think I've only heard of like two songs on that list, never really liked train.

I think most of the people in this thread, including myself, love a lot of popular modern music. I don't listen to modern stations because I hate every single song on them. :|

Dipper145 said:

I'm 23, and very glad I've grown out of the stage of liking shit for being popular and from a charting artist just because it gets airtime and I get told I should like it.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Nappuccino said:
what?

no "I whip my hair back and forth I whip my hair back and foroth I whip my hair back and forth I whip my hair back and forth I whip my hair back and foroth I whip my hair back and forth I whip my hair back and forth I whip my hair back and foroth I whip my hair back and forth I whip my hair back and forth I whip my hair back and foroth I whip my hair back and forth?"
Shit, that's a good choice. That's an atrocious song.

Dipper145

Spire said:
I think most of the people in this thread, including myself, love a lot of popular modern music. I don't listen to modern stations because I hate every single song on them. :|
That's usually where popular modern music comes from though right? Or you're just over exaggerating that you hate every single song on the modern stations.

Maleficence said:
I'm 23, and very glad I've grown out of the stage of liking shit for being popular and from a charting artist just because it gets airtime and I get told I should like it.
I'll believe you, but it seems like your trying to make it seem like the only reason people like the music is because people get told they should like it. That's not true at all.

Of course I recognize that it's not going to be a popular opinion on gaf that popular modern music isn't all that bad.

Dipper145 said:
I'll believe you, but it seems like your trying to make it seem like the only reason people like the music is because people get told they should like it. That's not true at all.

That's probably just me not being able to recognize why people can listen to music I consider to be reprehensively shit.

I'm not a "pop" or dance music hater by any means, but Tik Tok was definitely amongst the most annoying and tasteless songs last year and it really deserves to be on here.

I'm even willing to give someone like Katy Perry a pass because her music seems purposely vapid; she knows that flaunting her big breast is why she was put on earth. Ke$ha comes off like she thinks she's a good artist. And the song is really bad, can't even listen to it in an ironic fashion or to geek out or any of that.

Ulairi

Banned
I don't listen to pop stations (top 40) and I haven't been to a club in years so I don't really recognize any of the music. All I can say is from the periphery I don't remember a time in my 28 years on this earth that pop music was so vapid, over-produced with absolutely nothing to say.

thetechkid

I remember back in the day when the Black Eyed Peas were good, now they have joined the ranks of music that that is so bad that it makes you want to kill yourself.

Now I haven't heard most of the song on that list but I don't agree with them that Rocketeer is one of the worst songs of 2010.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Dipper145 said:
That's usually where popular modern music comes from though right? Or you're just over exaggerating that you hate every single song on the modern stations?

I'm saying why would we listen to modern music if we just blindly hated it all like you suggest?

DMeisterJ

Banned
Airplanes by B.o.B. and The paramore chick didn't make it?

That song is insufferable... No chick, we can't wish that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars cuz you need a wish right now... That makes no sense. You can't pretend something is something else. Or all the broke people could pretend they were rich and all the uglies could pretend they were pretty and that just can't happen because it's the real fucking world.

Wilsongt

thetechkid said:
I remember back in the day when the Black Eyed Peas were good, now they have joined the ranks of music that that is so bad that it makes you want to kill yourself.

So do I...

Oozer3993

It's nice to see that "Like a G6" is not on the list of the 20 Worst Songs of the Year. Calling it a song is giving it
way, way
too much credit. It is not music, it is a random assemblage of horrific noises that make sane people angry, i.e. it brings to mind the Black Eyed Peas.

Kusagari

Oozer3993 said:
It's nice to see that "Like a G6" is not on the list of the 20 Worst Songs of the Year. Calling it a song is giving it
way, way
too much credit. It is not music, it is a random assemblage of horrific noises that make sane people angry, i.e. it brings to mind the Black Eyed Peas.

I guess you're not poppin' bottles in the ice like a blizzard?

Chris R

Oozer3993 said:
way, way
I've seriously almost destroyed a co-workers speakers while they were at lunch because they play this shitty 'song' so damn much.

Link1110

Oozer3993 said:
way, way
Some idiot guy (probably trying to get laid based on his wording) recommended this to a girl I know on Facebook in response to a wall post. I replied that t sucks and linked Toddinthe shadows's review of it.

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/teamt/tis/tpsr/28573-ep-13-qlike-a-g6q

Where the fuck is "Only Girl in the World" by Rihanna?? Fuck that song! Seriously. Actually, let's take it a step further. Anything by Rihanna is garbage. Every damn song of hers sounds like she's standing RIGHT NEXT TO YOU, yelling in your ear.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
CJUNDERGROUND said:
Where the fuck is "Only Girl in the World" by Rihanna?? Fuck that song! Seriously. Actually, let's take it a step further. Anything by Rihanna is garbage. Every damn song of hers sounds like she's standing RIGHT NEXT TO YOU, yelling in your ear.
:lol
Totally yelling in these:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oguZHkKX1rk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-5msBhhTAU

Oh, and for all of you people complaining about modern pop without meaning:
robyn-pr.jpg

Mr Jared

Nappuccino said:
what?

I actually completely forgot about this ... FOR A REASON! Time to eject myself off planet Earth. It's been real, yall!

linkboy

I'm a huge fan of 80's music and while that song from Dirty Dancing isn't the greatest song, nothing pisses me off more then when a current band takes the lyrics and basically rips them off.

Its just lame and ruins songs by people who could actually sing.

So the Black Eye Peas song gets my vote.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
People, there is a difference between worst songs and songs you dislike. Most of Gaf chooses to argue that some songs they dislike should be on there.

HiResDes

Lambtron said:
I'd rather listen to Based God 24/7 for the rest of my life than the tripe in this list. You constantly have to chime in wherever you can about how much you dislike him. I'm sure that's pretty clear at this point. But hey it wouldn't be a thread on OT without you throwing in your two cents.

:lol...You've got me mistaken with someone else.

Thank you lord that Train topped the list. As soon as I seen the topic I was like, "Train", and BAM it was there. FUCKING HATE THAT SHIT. It makes me want to punch children I hate it that much.

dvdjamm

12. Jackyl Featuring DMC, "Just Like A Negro" - Embarrassing

7. Aaron Lewis featuring George Jones, Charlie Daniels, and Chris Young, "Country Boy" - The guy from Staind?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Aloe Blacc - I Need A Dollar

Shakira - Loca

so fucking awful.

The new Tom Petty album is damn good. I don't know why one mediocre song on it is being singled out as one of the worst of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom