• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

What titles are you guys using? Other than strength, HP, and Int, I have no idea what the other stats do. What the heck is Agi, and Will? What do they factor into?

1stStrike

Banned
Cow Mengde said:
What titles are you guys using? Other than strength, HP, and Int, I have no idea what the other stats do. What the heck is Agi, and Will? What do they factor into?

Right now I'm using the Bone Collector title :p

Figured it out. If you buy the will and agility skill books it gives you a description of what they do. For Fiona:

Willpower: Increases chances of getting critical hits and activating the standing endurance and incapacitation skills.

Agility: Increases your defense and stamina restoration speed

Sectus

Open up the character tab and hover over the stats to see what they do. Agility affects defense if I remember correctly. I can't remember what willpower do.

Leatherface

1stStrike said:
Right now I'm using the Bone Collector title :p

And, yeah, I have no idea what Agi and Will do. It's weird that they even have stats in a game like this. You should just have armor/weapon stats to worry about tbh.

I thought you get the stats of a title whether it's enabled or not? hmm. Guess I should check that.

1stStrike

Banned
Leatherface said:
I thought you get the stats of a title whether it's enabled or not? hmm. Guess I should check that.

You do. I just use Bone Collector because it's cool.

Also, see my edited post above for Agi/Willpower stats ^_^ I hit lvl 22 and bought the books. I'm only missing the pants for the northern pike set. Need 2 fine leathers and a bomb sack. Oh, and money. I have 539 gold lol.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
How are you so poor?
Just sell stuff :lol

Also AP is getting slim at level 25. Been avoiding getting to 26, but I found out there are 2 skills!

1stStrike

Banned
Hazaro said:
How are you so poor?
Just sell stuff :lol

Also AP is getting slim at level 25. Been avoiding getting to 26, but I found out there are 2 skills!

lol I spent most of my money on crafting equipment and skill books. I've been trying to sell stuff on the marketplace, but having little success. It's totally flooded right now because everyone is in the same level range.

I finally managed to clear boat 2's main quests (wasn't getting enough BP) and now I'm ready for boat 3 whenever it comes out. I just need to make my red sword and then work on the savage leather set

1stStrike said:
lol I spent most of my money on crafting equipment and skill books. I've been trying to sell stuff on the marketplace, but having little success. It's totally flooded right now because everyone is in the same level range.

I finally managed to clear boat 2's main quests (wasn't getting enough BP) and now I'm ready for boat 3 whenever it comes out. I just need to make my red sword and then work on the savage leather set

Before you sell, look at the marketplace prices first. Try to sell it a little cheaper than the cheapest price to quickly earn cash. If the cheapest price is actually cheaper than selling to the NPC, then sell it to the NPC instead.

Do more runs in Decisive Battle and collect the Gnoll Chieftain stuff and sell it. They can still be sold for 1000+ for each item except for his Hammer.

Lebron

1stStrike said:

You should be spamming that Frost Run or whatever(the one with the big ass Worm) . All you need is Peridot's, Frost Stones, Night Shade, and the occasional Amethyst. Then the Kobold Chief battle for pieces of his armor. I've made so much just doing that. You can make about 300K(more depending on your luck) with a couple of hours farming.

Sectus

Must... get... sweetie bear set.

Damned Fine Tannin! It's not fair I need a material (jelly) which is only available in episode 3.

Dexa said:
is it true that char height affects attack speed?
According to the character creation screen, yeah. It says a taller character has a bigger range/hitbox, but attacks slower.

Sectus

TheExodu5 said:
Titles are the main form of stat advancement outside of gear. I don't leveling increases stats at all.
I think skills is a main form of levelling stats. You get skills for every stat as far as I know, and each skill level increases the stat with 25 or something.

Most titles increases stats with something like +1 each which is insanely little.

I'm happy that stats seemingly doesn't have a huge impact on gameplay. If you don't dodge or block properly, the bosses will rape you no matter what you're wearing. And I can do the later missions in episode 1 and they're still challenging, even though I just completed episode 2.

1stStrike

Banned
Sectus said:
I think skills is a main form of levelling stats. You get skills for every stat as far as I know, and each skill level increases the stat with 25 or something.

Most titles increases stats with something like +1 each which is insanely little.

I'm happy that stats seemingly doesn't have a huge impact on gameplay. If you don't dodge or block properly, the bosses will rape you no matter what you're wearing. And I can do the later missions in episode 1 and they're still challenging, even though I just completed episode 2.

Your equipment definitely makes a difference IMO. Going through boat 2 with my old set of armor vs going through boat 2 with almost the entire set of northern pike + the spiked shield I can definitely notice a difference in how much damage I'm taking. It's more forgiving now and I last longer when I make a mistake.

Lebron

a team of Fiona's running through a dungeon is like the greatest thing ever. It rarely happens, but we always own on those rare occasions. Shitty Lanns everywhere!

Leatherface

Lebron said:
a team of Fiona's running through a dungeon is like the greatest thing ever. It rarely happens, but we always own on those rare occasions. Shitty Lanns everywhere!

I started over with Fiona and I have to say, your right. Fiona is a much more satisfying character to play so far.

So, how much does the armor classes light/heavy effect combat. Besides the obvious weight and defense difference would it affect attack speed? I suppose what I'm saying is, should I get that cool heavy craft able armor on a Lann character? It seems they don't really have a light armor equivalent of it in the game yet. (Shouldn't have put AP in light armor I guess) Is it really gonna make a difference in the long run?

I guess what I'm thinking is that the heavy armor may slow down Lann? I haven't looked myself yet, figured i could get an easy answer here. =P

Edit: This is all assuming that the character has the proper skill in heavy armor to make it possible to wear it without being encumbered.

Lebron

Yeah, you'll be slow as shit with heavy armor. Your stamina will drain like water, since no matter if you max the skill you will still be overweight. Go for light. Fiona is suppose to have more DEF and carry heavy armor, while Lann is suppose to be quick. YOU CAN'T HAVE IT ALL!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Lebron said:
3 Fionas + a Lann doing Counter Attack runs.

Glorious. I think the bosses were down like 60% of the time.
*Attack
*COUNTER COUNTER COUNTER, FULL COMBO, FULL COMBO, FULL COMBO, DOWN, REPEAT

Lebron said:
Yeah, you'll be slow as shit with heavy armor. Your stamina will drain like water, since no matter if you max the skill you will still be overweight. Go for light. Fiona is suppose to have more DEF and carry heavy armor, while Lann is suppose to be quick. YOU CAN'T HAVE IT ALL!

Just sucks there's no light armor equivalent yet.. or is there? I'm not done with boat 2 yet, still have a bit to go.

1stStrike

Banned
RadicalRad said:
Just sucks there's no light armor equivalent yet.. or is there? I'm not done with boat 2 yet, still have a bit to go.

Yeah the savage set owns the northern set. Once I'm a higher lvl I'm gonna grind out the savage set.

Edit: Grr, I was fighting a boss with a group of people and it was going well.. and then "Remote host disconnected" and the screen went black >_<

And I was the host.

It was on hard mode too... :(

Lebron said:
I think you should be wearing Savage set.

I thought I read here that you can't get savage yet because it requires things from boat 3? *shrug* that's what I read anyways.

And why all the Lann hate? There's only 2 characters to choose from for crying out loud. It's a known fact tanks tend to be more fun than dps, but with no true threat mechanics it doesn't even make a difference at the moment. I can dodge as well as Fiona can block and I do more damage to boot.

Not that I'm saying Lann is so much better than Fiona.. my Fionna is lvl 4 or something so I can't really compare the two yet. Of course I'll be giving Fionna as much a try as Lann, just so happened that Lann was the first one I tried.

I tend to gravitate towards tanks as well so I'm sure I'll end up liking Fionna more. I'm just trying to understand the Lann hate, he's not that bad.

Most lanns play like shit. Outside of Thousand needle lann is pretty weak. Lann excel at crowd control. The more hits thousand needle does the more powerful the smash attack is.

etiolate

Banned
Fiona's kick does good damage, but Lann's repertoire of moves does way more damage.

Of course, I've hardly invested any AP in Fiona's attacks and made her all defensive.

Mairu

Once you get Gliding Fury as Lann it's pretty amazing. It is too bad Furious Seven isn't until level 52, that'd be sweet to play around with

Crakatak187 said:
Most lanns play like shit. Outside of Thousand needle lann is pretty weak. Lann excel at crowd control. The more hits thousand needle does the more powerful the smash attack is.

I'm not so sure that Thousand Needles is worth using in most situations over Gliding Fury once you get it, but there is no combat log so it's hard to look at the numbers :|

Mairu said:
Once you get Gliding Fury as Lann it's pretty amazing. It is too bad Furious Seven isn't until level 52, that'd be sweet to play around with

I'm not so sure that Thousand Needles is worth using in most situations over Gliding Fury once you get it, but there is no combat log so it's hard to look at the numbers :|
Gliding Fury has two commands to use it. I only been able to do it after a critical smash. The other says to use it after windmill canceled into slip dash...or something like that.
I dont understand...

Mairu

Cloudius12 said:
Gliding Fury has two commands to use it. I only been able to do it after a critical smash. The other says to use it after windmill canceled into slip dash...or something like that.
I dont understand...
I believe you actually have to dodge something after using LLLR but I'm not completely sure if LLLR's R is actually Windmill or not. I just use LLLR+Fury and repeat most of the time

1stStrike

Banned
My Fiona does respectable damage, but she's really all about defense. I've got her standing defense to lvl A and she rarely gets knocked down

Ferghus is freaking insane. After bringing him 4 iced brandy he gives me another quest for 500 more!

There is no way. Awesome stats bonus though.

Mairu

Crakatak187 said:
Ferghus is freaking insane. After bringing him 4 iced brandy he gives me another quest for 500 more!

There is no way. Awesome stats bonus though.
You only have to give him 11

The M.O.B

Fiona's Smash Kick is sooo good. Not only does it have good range, it can kill most enemies in one shot and takes a good chunk of health from the bosses.

With most bosses, i just startup my combo away from them and then hit them with the smash kick. It does more damage than the previous 4 attacks combines and a lot more. :D

Fiona Defense Force!

Dreavus

I'm currently sitting in a "decisive battle" boat asking for level 10 players in the ship title (so I can finish that bonus)

... so why do lvl 15+ players keep joining? :lol

EDIT: would a lvl 9 count towards this?

JDS 1977

Banned
I musta messed up somewhere in learning the basics. I'm level 10 and can't make it solo through the "decisive battle" The big guy with the hammer keeps messing me up bad.

And then when I die I have to start all over? It mentions a beginner stone but I don't seem to have one or any other method to self resurrect.

I love the combat and punching/throwing people around. it feels like a 3rd person action game as opposed to an MMO which is pretty cool.

I wish there were loot drops instead of what seems to be just crafted or quest type armor sets. And busting open pots feels hardly worth it since only a few coins pop out occasionally.

If this is what the overall game will be like I can't see it being fun for long. That's just my impression after only 2 days though.

Loam

For an MMO its kind of missing the massively multiplayer bit. The only real interaction I have with other players outside of peer to peer dungeons is simply bumping into people at the hub town. As fantastic as this game is it reminds me more of source mod than an actual pay to play (cash shop?) game.

The M.O.B said:
Fiona's Smash Kick is sooo good. Not only does it have good range, it can kill most enemies in one shot and takes a good chunk of health from the bosses.

With most bosses, i just startup my combo away from them and then hit them with the smash kick. It does more damage than the previous 4 attacks combines and a lot more. :D

Fiona Defense Force!

I find both characters very well balanced honestly. Lann clearly does more damage while Fiona is harder to kill. They are great at doing what they do.

Top Bottom