• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Virtue's Last Reward SPOILER Thread

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I just found out Soporil was in 999. That was the drug that was found in All-Ice's coffin and made Ace's company rich, right?

Anyone have the courage to start a new save file and see if you can actually complete Phi's route and/or the Lion Eating the Sun thing without having seen the passwords ingame?

I have all the passwords written on my computer if you're willing to try it, but need the passwords.

beat it last night finally around 3am.

wow, that's all i can say. i'm going to go through sections that i forgot story elements about, but for the most part, it was pretty coherent enough.

there were times when i thought i had it all figured out, the the game just flips my world upside down. for example, i thought okay, when i got everyone out during the phi route, i was like look, there's the eclipsed moon! then when junpei told us we were on the moon, i was just like big boi from this chappelle's show sketch, "we playing on the moon, bitch!" ahahahaha

Venfayth

Anyone have the courage to start a new save file and see if you can actually complete Phi's route and/or the Lion Eating the Sun thing without having seen the passwords ingame?

I have all the passwords written on my computer if you're willing to try it, but need the passwords.

I may try later tonight when I'm bored to death at work.

Hopefully something happens :D

Kazerei

Banned

There's still three story locks to bypass. At minimum I think you need Dio, Alice, and Luna's endings. Otherwise, yeah, you can just type in the passwords without actually going down the other endings.

Venfayth

There's still three story locks to bypass. At minimum I think you need Dio, Alice, and Luna's endings. Otherwise, yeah, you can just type in the passwords without actually going down the other endings.

There are story locks beyond the computer in the director's office?

Kazerei

Banned
I don't recall that. The very first route I went down when I played was the leftmost one and I got to the computer without ever running in to a lock.

Phi's route is the rightmost one.

You actually can finish Luna's route (the leftmost one) knowing the passwords but not having seen any other endings.

Venfayth

Phi's route is the rightmost one.

You actually can finish Luna's route (the leftmost one) knowing the passwords but not having seen any other endings.

Ohh, derp. I see. Does anything special happen for doing that? An extra line or Easter egg or something?

LiK

I don't remember anything different. Sigma flashbacks through the same scenes, and Phi's still like "whoa how did you know that?!"

i'm so glad i didn't see your avatar in the OT before i played. that shot of kid K made me laugh the first time i saw it.

AniHawk

poor luna loves sigma klim. :(

gonna bet that luna is based off one of the people sigma tries saving in the mars-test mission.

cast for zero escape 3:

sigma
phi
real-luna
'kyle'
an escaped ace secretly heading the whole thing? or someone else from 999 in particular
new cast

also, is brother supposed to be snake?

Roto13

I hope there aren't too many returning characters unless they're secrets like Junpei and Akane were in this one. We already know old characters and their stories and motivations and that they're not evil.

Clover and Alice going back in time suggests they could be involved, though.

AniHawk

I hope there aren't too many returning characters unless they're secrets like Junpei and Akane were in this one. We already know old characters and their stories and motivations and that they're not evil.

Clover and Alice going back in time suggests they could be involved, though.

clover will probably have to go back if snake is involved in any way. plus, she's the most popular character for some ungodly reason.

also depends if they use/need espers.

Esura

Banned
clover will probably have to go back if snake is involved in any way. plus, she's the most popular character for some ungodly reason.

I liked Clover a lot in 999...not so much in this. She (and Alice) is kind of a bitch in this. Phi and Luna ftw.

Necrovex

Hopefully Clover won't continue to smile when someone is killed/blown up/loses a body part.

I liked Clover a lot in 999...not so much in this. She (and Alice) is kind of a bitch in this. Phi and Luna ftw.

I dug Alice's bitchiness. Though, Phi and Luna are the best female characters in the game.

Esura

Banned
I dug Alice's bitchiness. Though, Phi and Luna are the best female characters in the game.

Alice was ok, like Lotus territory ok, until she killed me with no remorse. That was some punk shit right there. Oh, and all the times her and Clover abandoned my ass. Can't trust them half naked women. :(

Clover's English VO didn't help. Was the weakest of the bunch.

I didn't think it was bad personally, just overshadowed by the better performances of other characters, particularly Zero III and Phi.

gonna bet that luna is based off one of the people sigma tries saving in the mars-test mission.

cast for zero escape 3:

sigma
phi
real-luna
'kyle'
an escaped ace secretly heading the whole thing? or someone else from 999 in particular
new cast

Brother being Snake is unlikely, considering Clover doesn't recall having a brother named Left.

Also I realllllly want a character like Luna in the next game. Why did she have to be a robot :(

she was a cute character in 999 but I have to say she felt kinda useless in VLR.

Yeah in 999 she was a poor girl (who looked wayyyyyyyyyy younger than 18) who lost her brother and was involved in what she thought was a real 2nd nonary game.

In VLR she's just a helpless 19 year old who acts clueless, clings to Alice like a fucking shadow, and is just... bleh.

LiK

I didn't think it was bad personally, just overshadowed by the better performances of other characters, particularly Zero III and Phi.

pretty much everyone overshadowed her, imo. i think Clover VA tried to be a bit more emotional in her ending but it turned out kinda flat. i was super disappointed.

Brother being Snake is unlikely, considering Clover doesn't recall having a brother named Left.

huh? Left is Dio

Esura

Banned
I hated how little we really learned about Phi. And I guess Quark but I didn't really care about him.

Yeah, that does sucks because Phi was one of the more intriguing characters in the game, like how Akane was in 999.

Speaking of Dio, I like how they make him a total dick from beginning to end and the game makes sure you feel nothing but pure hatred for him.

SoulUnison

Banned
she was a cute character in 999 but I have to say she felt kinda useless in VLR.

I really don't care for her at all.

The combination of female character who looks strangely young and wears unnecessarily revealing clothes always rubs me the wrong way. And then they made her some elite secret agent -and- a powerful, professionally trained Esper. The only thing keeping her from being a huge Mary Sue in my eyes is that she never actually does anything that plot relevant or useful.

I feel slightly the same way about Alice, except that she's a grown, professional woman with a personality that more or less matches up, it's just her embarrassing, embarrassing outfit that loses points for me. That and the fact that an elite government agent had their car break down in the middle of the desert on the way to a mission and had to resort to hitchhiking. What the hell is that?

Surprisingly, I didn't feel this way about Lotus in the first game. Probably because her outfit was at least something a person could actually wear without getting on a sex offender list, and dancing was actually a hobby of hers - it's not like she got to pick when she was abducted.

pretty much everyone overshadowed her, imo. i think Clover VA tried to be a bit more emotional in her ending but it turned out kinda flat. i was super disappointed.

Main problem with clover was she always had a damn smile. No matter what. It pissed me off.

LiK

I really don't care for her at all.

The combination of female character who looks strangely young and wears unnecessarily revealing clothes always rubs me the wrong way. And then they made her some elite secret agent -and- a powerful, professionally trained Esper. The only thing keeping her from being a huge Mary Sue in my eyes is that she never actually does anything that plot relevant or useful.

the story about her and Alice attempting to infiltrate Free the Soul would make sense except for their outfits, ESPECIALLY Alice. i thought maybe it was justa weird fashion thing but they showed Alice with a normal business suit in a flashback so her Egyptian outfit with the exposed boobs made zero sense. I can't help but be bothered by it.

Clover's outfit could've made sense since she was undercover as a waitress and she could've been working for a slutty place.

Main problem with clover was she always had a damn smile. No matter what. It pissed me off.

and a wink and her weird arm/hand poses trying to look cute all the time.

huh? Left is Dio

No. Dio is a clone of Left.

And Left is the dead brother of Brother, and his death is the primary motivation Brother had for starting the cult according the gold files.

the story about her and Alice attempting to infiltrate Free the Soul would make sense except for their outfits, ESPECIALLY Alice. i thought maybe it was justa weird fashion thing but they showed Alice with a normal business suit in a flashback so her Egyptian outfit with the exposed boobs made zero sense. I can't help but be bothered by it.

Maybe they were going to infiltrate Free the Soul as a pair of strippers? Brother needs love too.

Esura

Banned

Eh, I hope Clover is better in the third one. Minus the bitchiness.

Alice does a weird hand pose too. They both thought they were auditioning for the cover of King magazine or something.

LiK

And Left is the dead brother of Brother, and his death is the primary motivation Brother had for starting the cult according the gold files.

oh right.

Eh, I hope Clover is better in the third one. Minus the bitchiness.

Alice does a weird hand pose too. They both thought they were auditioning for the cover of King magazine or something.

yea, hopefully they'll be better. when they said they were pawns, i agreed, lol

SoulUnison

Banned
and a wink and her weird arm/hand poses trying to look cute all the time.

Ugh, yes! We've been kidnapped, forced to play a game that can kill us, infected with a deadly disease, we frequently stumble on our companions violently murdered - Clover, will you please stop grinning and acting coy all the damn time!?

I guess I just hate when games like this feel like they have to fit in a 'sexy' character, and it's worse when that character is designed to look like she's underage.

I'm not the kind of person that usually care what other people see me doing or how they judge me for it, but that kind of thing makes me feel... embarrassed, for lack of a better word.

That reminds me, I like how much Dio's "backstory" rings slightly true in one of the paths. The one where he's telling you he's a "Fourth generation ringleader." He's technically not lying - it's just one fucked up circus.

Kyou

So, who exactly is Phi? The gold files indicate that there's hints to who exactly she is. Were they just talking about "Oh, she's another Jumper"?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
So, who exactly is Phi? The gold files indicate that there's hints to who exactly she is. Were they just talking about "Oh, she's another Jumper"?

There's hints in the game, but the truth will be revealed in the third game.

cast for zero escape 3:

sigma
phi
real-luna
'kyle'
new cast

Ace returning would be nice. His cameo in VLR was welcome but it's never said what happened to him outside of being "jailed" and it wasn't said for how long. Otherwise I think your guesses are probably right in terms of the cast for vol. 3.

AniHawk

i'll gather my thoughts later, but one of the things why vlr doesn't measure up to 999 is the huge tone shift. the fanservice is a symptom of that.

AniHawk

Ace returning would be nice. His cameo in VLR was welcome but it's never said what happened to him outside of being "jailed" and it wasn't said for how long. Otherwise I think your guesses are probably right in terms of the cast for vol. 3.

phi looks a lot like santa. that's all i got. maybe she's santa's real sister.

i see zero escape 3 being something of an all-star cast. some 999 people, some vlr people, and a whole plot that wraps up everything in a nice confusing bow. someone as rich as ace, with connections to religious zealots might be able to get broken out of jail.

SoulUnison

Banned

Any idea what any of the "hints" are?
I really hope we get a long "Answers" Q&A from the devs like we did with 999.

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is the Secret Password in the Security Room. "She Knows Everything." I assume that was talking about Phi?

Kyou

Any idea what any of the "hints" are?
I really hope we get a long "Answers" Q&A from the devs like we did with 999.

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is the Secret Password in the Security Room. "She Knows Everything." I assume that was talking about Phi?

I assumed that was Luna, considering she does know literally everything.

Venfayth

She's not Superman, that's for sure.

And she's not Batman, or Spiderman, or Aquaman, or a merman, or a wolfman.

She's not a brahman, or common, or ramen. She's not a caiman either, so you don't really need to worry about anything.

She is no man.

Roto13

Surprisingly, I didn't feel this way about Lotus in the first game. Probably because her outfit was at least something a person could actually wear without getting on a sex offender list, and dancing was actually a hobby of hers - it's not like she got to pick when she was abducted.

At least Lotus wasn't basically topless. What a stupid-ass design Alice has. Apparently SOIS members have to look like idiots.

Kyou

I will say that Zero Escape 3 needs to end with Phi in a swimsuit. If it doesn't I was sold a false bill of goods!

Esura

Banned
^ Yes. I want to see Phi's "C-cup".

Santa getting magically gender bent would be so stupid. :(

Phi is obviously the illegitimate love child of Sigma and Luna.

Can't be, well let's not say can't because this writer could make anything happen, but that's currently seems not possible with what we know now. Phi is from young Sigma's time and about 2 years younger than the 22 year old Sigma.

santa would probably have more of a reaction to seeing old akane

Probably doesn't remember.

Top Bottom