• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visual Works Character Prototype by Square Enix

Dunki

Ok this looks great. Would love to see a game in this kind of Universe

Info for the Video

Contact us if you are intrested in creating "New Entertainment Content" using this character design.

We are looking forward to contact from creators, studios, and production companies worldwide.

There are no restrictions on content format. Games, cinematics, merchandising - anything is acceptable.

There is no need to adopt the story or feel of the Prototype movie. The user is free to to create any character story and background.

*This is not a promotional contest nor a recruitment for Square Enix or Visual Works staff.

*The purpose of this project is to foster the creation of new content based on this character design and solely for commercial use.

bigedole

The music definitely had me thinking about FFXIII. Cool video, but not sure I understand the motivation behind making it.

Dunki

The music definitely had me thinking about FFXIII. Cool video, but not sure I understand the motivation behind making it.
To me it sounds like they have the art idea and now what to make something out of it and for this they are seeking people who are interested in with probably ideas as well.

SoulUnison

Banned
"What if Lightning starred in a Ghost in the Shell spin-off?"
"Brilliant. She must not be forgotten."

It's even got the rose petal motif (albeit briefly), for cryin' out loud.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
it's kinda funny to me, i look at square's designs and it all seems like a bunch of strung together gibberish

so bizarre

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Yet they pick stuff like World of Final Fantasy and fishing in Final Fantasy XV.
There's so much potential with an imagination like this. Especially after their last tech demo.

This was what amazed people back on the PS2 with The Bouncer tech demo.

Yeah, super awesome stuff.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Imagine If this was Yoko Taro's next game with this type of budget.
BBWMhJl.gif

Last edited:
Absolutely Sad.

When Square-Enix has to start doing the art direction job of other companies this really is a sign how many crap losers with no creativity, taste or culture are working at major publishers...

Top Bottom