• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSX compatibility list (Bad, SCEA! Bad!)

HOLY SHIT!!! All the games I could have hoped to have been there are there. :D

THIS IS A GLORIOUS DAY. PRAISE BE.

9EmrV.gif

Trevelyon

To be clear, I have to delete and re-download my PSone games in order for them to show up in the content manager? 'cause I'm getting zippo right now from the Playstation app folder.

urfe

I'm skimming Japanese media, and all sites just mention "over 600 titles playable", and the official Sony say merely says "some games are not compatible", but not which ones.

Most of my PSone classics are from the Japanese PSN, so when I get a Vita, I hope all of them are compatible.

Vitacat

hey guys, so I'm in europe :) just wanted to share.

Hi, I'm from USA. And I don't have a PS3. So tomorrow I can pick from a huge selection of 9 PS1 games for my Vita!!! Woohoo!!! So glad I bought that $80 32GB memory card!!! /sarcasm

But actually, I bought that 32GB for Vita and PSP games. So it's cool. I never intended to get very many PS1 games anyway. But there are definitely a few I would buy... if I could.

As I said, it was highly likely that Sony of America will continue dicking over Vita owners, and it was highly likely that Sony of Europe will continue doing everything they can to their Vita owners.

So can you play the ps1 games with the vita analog stick? Or do you have to use the d pad like on the ps3?

For PS One games that were digital-pad only, you CANNOT use the analog stick to control them :(

For PS One games that supported the analog sticks, they work just like they did back on the PS One. The reason you can control Grandia's camera with the right analog stick is because you could do that on the PS One! :p

I hope they implement the ability to use the analog stick in place of the D-Pad, like they did with the PSP slider.

I'm skimming Japanese media, and all sites just mention "over 600 titles playable", and the official Sony say merely says "some games are not compatible", but not which ones.

Most of my PSone classics are from the Japanese PSN, so when I get a Vita, I hope all of them are compatible.

There seems to be zero quality control on the titles available for download through the Vita from the Japanese store even though it's an incomplete library. For example, I can't download the Macross PS1 game that was released recently as a digital download on the Vita, and I also can't transfer it from my PS3. But I just purchaseed and downloaded Tokimeki Memorial 2 through the Vita only to find out the game skips the animated cutscenes and also skips through text conversations so you can't tell what is going on.

Very disappointed.

Playing

SOTN
Castlevania: Chronicles
FFVI
Xenogears
Silent Hill
Vagrant Story

on my Vita in North America without issue. PS+/Purchased doesn't matter either.

Kaibutsu

Alright finished redownloading (the 2nd time in 2 days) most of my ps1 games to put on the vita. As others mentioned some that didn't copy over that I can think of off the top of my head are Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy V, Grandia & Tomba.

Sorry for the bad pics, especially the 3rd one :/ I took them quickly sitting at my desk at work :) Oh also I hit the 10 page limit for screens on the vita..... Thought they would add more

gBlNb.jpg

7UdlS.jpg

DDzu6.jpg

edit: hmm, that's weird, according to the list on the first page Grandia should have copied over. Guess i'll try it again this afternoon

Vitacat

Playing

SOTN
Castlevania: Chronicles
FFVI
Xenogears
Silent Hill
Vagrant Story

on my Vita in North America without issue. PS+/Purchased doesn't matter either.

Damnit. I don't have a ps3. ;_;

Damn you Sony. My Vita-only money isn't good enough for you?

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
So I loaded up my FFVII save and it of course asked me to change to disc 3, Ive pressed every damn button and I cant seem to figure out how to do it. I thought on PS3 you just hit the PS button but that doesnt seem to work on the Vita. Halp?

Salaadin

So I loaded up my FFVII save and it of course asked me to change to disc 3, Ive pressed every damn button and I cant seem to figure out how to do it. I thought on PS3 you just hit the PS button but that doesnt seem to work on the Vita. Halp?

Press and hold your finger on the Vita screen. Choose "Change disc"

pottuvoi

Banned
Press front touch pad for few seconds and you get menus where you can change settings and disk.

Sigh, cannot transfer US account games from Ps3 to EU Vita. (yes, I tried anyway. :p)

bumpkin

I really need to upgrade my Vita's memory card. I've been rocking a 4GB (came with it) since I bought the system, and I'm slowly reaching a point where I don't have space for anything other than 1 or 2 small demos. There's no way all of my PSOne Classics will fit. :(

Aeana

For PS One games that were digital-pad only, you CANNOT use the analog stick to control them :(

For PS One games that supported the analog sticks, they work just like they did back on the PS One. The reason you can control Grandia's camera with the right analog stick is because you could do that on the PS One! :p

I hope they implement the ability to use the analog stick in place of the D-Pad, like they did with the PSP slider.

That's why I've been waiting so long to be able to play Grandia on Vita.
I really hope it's made compatible soon. :|

Well, it supports analog controls for PSone games that could, originally, but I wasn't able to use the joysticks in Jet Moto, which never had analog control.

I'm trying to think of a PSone game I have that used both sticks that I could download... anyone know of any?

R4 (Ridge Racer 4) would be a good one to try...

I just bought Toy Story Racers to play on my Vita.

I would be thrilled if someone would port Looney Tunes Space Race to the Vita.

Is there any way to control FF7 with analog sticks? Analog mode didn't work. On the PSP I could choose a control scheme that had d-pad assigned to the nub.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Just to be sure, being in NA, there is literally no way to play PS1 games on my Vita right now, without a PS3? I am in the same fucking position as the past few months, huh? Got dammit.

Jamix012

Just to be sure, being in NA, there is literally no way to play PS1 games on my Vita right now, without a PS3? I am in the same fucking position as the past few months, huh? Got dammit.

You can play PS1 imports through a loophole if you so desire to play mega man?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
So basically, anything worth a damn can be copied on Vita by transferring from PS3, but SCEA probably didn't bother testing anything but those 10 games?

Glix

So basically, anything worth a damn can be copied on Vita by transferring from PS3, but SCEA probably didn't bother testing anything but those 10 games?

No certain games that are "worth a damn" cannot be copied.

Euro released ALL the games to the store, so I assume they are tested.

SCEA just wants to make us visit the store every week. So dumb

spwolf

they probably want people who dont have them to get 10 new games per week so you can pick among them, if they just gave you shit-ton, they would end up selling a lot less.

P90

SCEA is really doing their best to undermine the Vita. How can you expand the user base if you make it dependent on owning a PS3?

patsu

they probably want people who dont have them to get 10 new games per week so you can pick among them, if they just gave you shit-ton, they would end up selling a lot less.

Well, they can make a bunch available, and then use marketing to highlight a handful every week.

If they only release in small batches, it is also possible that their QA is overwhelmed. But they had a lot of time to test though. Afterall SCEE and SCEJ have an order of magnitude more titles to release.

*If* SCEA is short in QA resources, then they should have gotten SCEJ to help out. SCEJ probably don't need 600+ PSOne games for Japan by Oct 2012. They can allocate some resources to help SCEA test. If they can't work together, then it's their fault.

patsu

They know backwards compatibility with 15 year old games won't sell Vita's this holiday season, so they don't want to put the work into it.

That's possible; then may I ask what will sell Vita this fall if they don't want some income from these PSOne library ? Do they have something else in mind ?

If they opt out of the scheme with no other plans, then they are essentially undermining the overall Vita thrust.

gkryhewy

So here's a question that is challenging for me, but which I expect SonyGAF will be able to answer easily: I'm currently playing through a disc-based copy of FFVII on my PS2, with my saved game on a PS1 memory card. I'd prefer to finish the game on my Vita, and don't mind double dipping for the PSN purchase. However, my save is on a PS1 memory card, and I don't have a PS3. I have a PS2, Vita, and Mac (with content manager). Is there any way I can make this work? If I find a "close enough" save online (I was at the whatever canyon with the great music -- think it's still disc one), is there any way to transfer it to the vita?

Top Bottom