• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Voice comms problems on Xbox360 Live

123rl

Sorry if it's been asked elsewhere but I haven't been following the boards much recently. I got my 360 at the UK launch last night. Everything is fine with my console but voice comms seem REALLY poor for some reason. There's loads of feedback and a really bad echo (where a whole sentence might repeat 4-5 times before it dies down). Does anyone else have this problem? Is it a faulty headset? Will MS do anything about it?

ascully

Happens a lot when there are a lot of people with bad connections in the same game as you, I have played PGR3 since the North American launch every night and it seems to happen about 4-5 times a night I usually just drop the game and reconnect and everything will be fine for a while.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i read a post here about someone having issues with the 360 headset similar to what your saying. they used the xbox one instead with no problems.

i have no clue if the 360 headset just blows, or if its just a few defective ones

123rl

Thanks :) I just tried using the Xbox headset and it really does cut down on echo problem. Maybe I have a faulty Xbox360 headset then? For now I'll use my XBox headset then

123rl

After hearing a definite difference between headsets, I'd say you're right :(

Awesome console meets perfect online system...meets the worst, crappiest headset ever designed. Cheers, Microsoft :(

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mine is crappy as hell,cant hear shit when I use it,but I'm not sure it wasnt f-ed up in the shipping process to me,since I got my 360 through walmart.com in a crappy box with no extra protection :\

The headset looks ok,but other people are having hearing problems too so maybe I just got the typical shitty xbox microsoft headset.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Had a bit of echoing going on aswell in some PGR3 games and it was lessened when people turned off the speaker option of voice comms and kept it to headphones, the mic picked up feedback from the speakers.

The new xbox 360 headset does suck. I'm lucky I still have my old xbox live headset which works even better than the new one. Only problem is you can't control the volume or mute the headset.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
I'm disappointed hearing this about the new headset, because as of right now - I'm not all that keen on the old headset. It ends up hurting my ear and I also can't sit back in my chair because of its stupid design. I hope I don't have issues with it like you guys are when I finally get my 360.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
I have no problems with my 360 headset. It feels great (a lot more comfortable than the original Xbox headset), no echo in voice chat... but my friend I first chatted with reported hearing echo when I spoke.

Joe

i hated the 360 headset at first but now its my headset of choice once i got used to it. and i think the echo's is caused by people keeping their mic's too close to the headphone (mic not stretched out all the way). me and a friend were playing and i kept hearing echos, once i told him to stretch out the mic all the way the echos went away. and i guess when you're in a room with 10+ people and half of them have the mic too close you could get a lot of echos.

i just use the original xbox live headset...

if i have to mute i just use the personal settings in the guide...

i leave the volume on 10 and it's usually not an annoyance...

Top Bottom