• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vox: Terrorists just tried to assassinate Defense Secretary Jim Mattis in Afghanistan

andthebeatgoeson

The Hollywood scenario I'm imagining in my head is that scene where the US ambassador is protected by his motorcade, and suddenly a truck parks in front of them. Guys with bazookas emerge from the roof and start blowing up the black secret service type cars.

The Hollywood scenario I'm imagining in my head is that scene where the US ambassador is protected by his motorcade, and suddenly a truck parks in front of them. Guys with bazookas emerge from the roof and start blowing up the black secret service type cars.

I was thinking more he'd be walking down a corridor at the airport with a wall made of glass, lit by the Afghan sun. Then, Mattis turns his head slightly, realising a series of shadows being cast upon his surroundings...

More seriously, disconcerting, though I feel like this was more of a general show of force than something where it mattered whether Mattis was in the building or not. Just to say, "This could have been you." even if they didn't actually take him out.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Mattis had been gone from the airport for hours. It wasn't an assassination attempt, it was a terrorist attack on the airport to make a a statement and send a message.

Excuse my tinfoil hat shit, but could Russia be involved in this in any way? Everything that happens lately, it's like there's strings leading to everything.

ops0i.jpg

Top Bottom