• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VVVVVV (iOS) controls just as well as the PC version

I don't think there's any other game currently available for iOS that replicates traditional controls as well as VVVVVVV and it has everything to do with movement. Swiping in the left and right directions on the left half of the screen moves your character in either direction (as in most iOS ports) but Terry Cavanagh has found a way to make movement completely natural. I'm not sure exactly what's done differently in this game than most iOS ports, but your character accelerates, decelerates and stops exactly how you would want him to. The right half of the screen is relegated exclusively for flipping. Plenty of space, and a much better alternative to virtual buttons that can easily be missed or pressed accidentally.

EJCyI6V.jpg

The game is $0.99 right now, so I'd recommend trying it out and seeing for yourself. It may take a level or two to learn to "trust" the controls, but once you do, nothing gets lost in the transition from PC to iOS

VVVVVV really gives me hope for future iOS games that rely on movement, and I hope some people in this topic can provide insight on what exactly makes movement in this game so much more intuitive than normal.

RM8

It's true, I'm glad I bought it.

But 3DS remains the better handheld version :3 BTW, Kero Blaster (see avatar) controls perfectly on iOS as well.

Currently have 19/20 trinkets, with "Doing Things the Hard Way" being the last one

I never got this trinket on the PC version...but I'm determined to get it on iOS

vFwoN4S.jpg

Yup. I refuse to move on in my playthrough until I've passed this part. At least once a week on my commute home I will pull out my iPad and hammer away at it. The worst is when you get within a screen or two of completing it and still end up imploding :(

Feffe

Currently have 19/20 trinkets, with "Doing Things the Hard Way" being the last one

I never got this trinket on the PC version...but I'm determined to get it on iOS

vFwoN4S.jpg

I remember one of the extra default map made Veni Vidi Vinci look easy. :|

devonodev

I disagree, but I had beaten the PC version 100% a couple of times before playing it so I'm probably just too used to keyboard controls.

Still a great game though and should be played on any device you can get it for.

Top Bottom