• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wait WHAT? My PS4 has not been uploading saves for the past year?

0racle

Hey guys, ill try to be as informative but brief at the same time. I hope someone can lead me in the right direction because I cant find a solution

- My PS4 has the latest firmware as well as an active PS+ subscription that allocates 10 GB online.

- I am currently using LESS than 1 GB because it seems like it assumes 1 GB is the max storage on the server?

- If I try to upload manually it says its full.

- It does not attempt to upload any saves therefore it does not give me any errors at start-up saying X game cant be uploaded. This is why I was unaware of the problem.

- All settings are correct in power management for stand by as well as the processes it allows such as downloading/uploading.

Yes I have turned it on and off.

Yeah, all my saves say 'upload failed' or something as well. Ultimately I never gave enough of a shit to do anything about it. Maybe I'll learn something in here.

No you have to delete the "Upload" list in notifications. Its stupid I know.

Also, have fun deleting all those notifications, as you have to do them one at a time.

Try deleting a few just to make sure, then try a manual upload.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Your notifications might be full. I know there was a bug where if you hit some kind of limit in the upload notifications you'd stop being able to upload things.

Try clearing those out.

Is your console set as your primary?
i vaguely remember something about only manual saves for secondary consoles. Though I could be wrong,

How is this done? I have so many messages that it probably would take a week to delete one by one

Go to the dash, go to the Notifications screen, there should be one called "Upload" highlight a notification and then press the options button, Delete.

FYI, it has nothing to do with space, its the stupid notifications list. Massive oversight, also the fact you cant do a "mass delete" on it.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I always keep the upload and download lists empty, because I hate clutter. Good to know I was ahead of the curve on this, lol.

fernoca

Yeah. It's a glitch with the notifications list. It will fail to upload saves and Facebook pictures.

Just delete each notification and try again.

joecanada

Yeah. It's a glitch with the notifications list. It will fail to upload saves and Facebook pictures.

Just delete each notification and try again.

Yup this. Also how do you manually upload saves again I can never find the right screen to do it?

After deleting saved data do I need to go manually upload all the games that never did? Must be like 50 games.

What about the PS3? I need to do it on the ps3 as well. Must be hundreds of games. Not sure if its easily done or not.

I don't remember my old ps3 or saves having issues though

Z_Y

Your notifications might be full. I know there was a bug where if you hit some kind of limit in the upload notifications you'd stop being able to upload things.

Try clearing those out.

Fun fact: This bug will also prevent you from being able to upload gameplay videos to YouTube.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Wait a second, don't you need ps+ for cloud saves? Or that was only on ps3?

Because I was pretty pissed to find out even if ONE sub is enough to all play online (we have 3 accounts but obviously only one sub) the saves data was only uploading for the main account with ps+ and not for the others, like I needed to pay for 3 freakin' separate subs!

Are guys you telling me it's a bug instead and I could have had my saves on the cloud for all this time nonetheless?

Agent X

Fun fact: This bug will also prevent you from being able to upload gameplay videos to YouTube.

Yes, that happened to me several months ago when I tried uploading from the PS4 to YouTube. Deleting the old notifications (as Lionheart1827 suggested above) solved the problem for me.

False

I lost most of my Bloodborne save, a few hundred paragon levels in Diablo, and my entire Witcher 3 save when a lightning strike killed my PS4 last year. I had no idea that had just simply stopped uploading. Needless to say, insurance can only replace so much. Now I check it on an almost monthly basis to make sure it's still working.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Wait a second, don't you need ps+ for cloud saves? Or that was only on ps3?

Because I was pretty pissed to find out even if ONE sub is enough to all play online (we have 3 accounts but obviously only one sub) the saves data was only uploading for the main account with ps+ and not for the others, like I needed to pay for 3 freakin' separate subs!

Are guys you telling me it's a bug instead and I could have had my saves on the cloud for all this time nonetheless?

No, I'm pretty sure uploads are still per account like you said. Really annoying. Surely Sony don't think you'll pay for multiple PS+ subs just for that? Yet I don't want my kids losing their save games.

Go to the dash, go to the Notifications screen, there should be one called "Upload" highlight a notification and then press the options button, Delete.

FYI, it has nothing to do with space, its the stupid notifications list. Massive oversight, also the fact you cant do a "mass delete" on it.

That is weird,because you can do a mass delete on normal notifications.

Had the same problem here but my cause was different.
I always used the HDMI CEC to turn my TV + PS4 + reciever all "off" together.
Even though the PS4 went into standby mode (orange light) it dit not trigger the same effects as in restmode.

Now i manually put it in rest mode and everything works

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
No, I'm pretty sure uploads are still per account like you said. Really annoying. Surely Sony don't think you'll pay for multiple PS+ subs just for that? Yet I don't want my kids losing their save games.

Dang go figure, so freakin' stupid of Sony and the PS4 I found to be way more iffy at handling save data than the PS3, with database rebuilding being and various errors popping up way more often for me... An error occurred in Wolf:New Order fucked a bunch of my saves already

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

This either notifications are just to let you know when something is done installing, etc. So they are just marking as "read" and go away. Simple text.

The Download's and Uploads are probably a file extension that has limited slots, so you can click it to re-download. Probably why they are handled slot by slot.

I keep both lists empty, because I don't like clutter. So once the lists are clear, it is easy to maintain when a save or a game update or two gets done when in sleep mode.

Top Bottom