• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Walmart is still bad though

Amory

Alright I've had some drinks so this ain't a full criticism rant because I have other shows to watch

But Walmart and other huge retail conglomerates spent the last what, 25 years destroying small businesses in the US. And now with COVID, they're seen as the good guys because they aren't doing layoffs, giving some additional pay, and getting rural people (and urban and suburban people) their groceries. That's great in the moment, but in the long term it's a PR shift to just turn themselves into the norm, isn't it? Like now after the virus, they're the ones who kept shit going, instead of the ones who killed 'Al's Grocery Store'. But people will forget that Al's Grocery Store could've well kept things going too if they were still in business.

And I'm not just talking about Walmart. We should all be wary of all the huge companies showboating right now. Like Amazon who I think we're all wary of anyway, but now they're like a singular supplier of all non-grocery items (and even grocery items), especially now. That's not a good thing for anyone. But they get to take a victory lap being like 'oh thanks to our employees y'all! You got your waffle iron y'all!"

Idk seems fucked up

JordanN

Banned
Heh, I made the exact same post in the politics forum.

You guys know if we lockdown again, it's going to mean the death of small business and a future where Walmart and Amazon own everything right?

To be honest, I'm more concerned about these companies continuing to support China via "Made in China" crap instead of them just growing.

At least we know the wealth still exists, but seeing all our Western wealth fall into the hands of the Chinese Communists is a danger to our sovereignty. Basically, look at the housing markets. It's the millionaires from China flooding into our countries and buying up our own land and real estate.

Last edited:

Amory

To be honest, I'm more concerned about these companies continuing to support China via "Made in China" crap instead of them just growing.

At least we know the wealth still exists, but seeing all our Western wealth fall into the hands of the Chinese Communists is a danger to our sovereignty.
The problem, I think, is monopolies. America used to have a genuine fear and aversion to monopolies and our government reflected that. See: John D Rockefeller.

Now the billionaires just buy influence in Congress and the presidency which we all know, but now they can garner public sympathy too

Amory

Wal-Mart didn't destroy small businesses. Every one of you who went to Wal-Mart instead of those small businesses destroyed small businesses.

Take some responsibility, people. Wal-Mart is guilty of giving you what you wanted.
Mm, I think that's technically correct, but it's up to the government to put the rules in place to prevent destruction of small business. In a lot of ways which I can get into, if I have to. But like benefits would be one, right? Al's Grocery Store might struggle to pay for employee retirement and healthcare benefits because they're small, and if they did their costs and therefore their prices would be higher than Walmart's or Amazon's or CVS's.

JordanN

Banned
The problem, I think, is monopolies. America used to have a genuine fear and aversion to monopolies and our government reflected that. See: John D Rockefeller.

Now the billionaires just buy influence in Congress and the presidency which we all know, but now they can garner public sympathy too
I think this is just a flaw of democracy + capitalism.

People with a lot of money were always going to influence others in order to protect their own wealth. It's actually nothing new. Remember when Disney forced the U.S to extend the copyright on Mickey Mouse?

I can't really blame companies for pulling this stuff, it's only when they do stuff that endangers people's lives does Capitalism rear its ugly head.

For example, imagine if all of Walmart's products were made in the U.S? At least we know millions of Americans jobs would be safe but not only that, it would prove there is a market demand to keep it that way.

But since more and more products are being made overseas, then it means Walmart grows but Americans lose their jobs and makes them more dependent on the government. Or the same shit when they hire illegal workers. It kills wages and only increases the wealth gap (since now Joe and his family are forced to compete against Pablo and his $1 salary while struggling to pay their monthly mortgage).

Last edited:

Amory

Walmart didn't destroy small businesses in the pandemic. The governors you elected who shut down small businesses destroyed small businesses. Elections have consequences. Vote smarter next time.
Governors broadly shut down businesses whether you live in a blue state or a red state. It only varies on length of time, and even then only slightly (as of now)

Amory

I think this is just a flaw of democracy + capitalism.

People with a lot of money were always going to influence others in order to protect their own wealth. It's actually nothing new. Remember when Disney forced the U.S to extend the copyright on Mickey Mouse?

I can't really blame companies for pulling this stuff, it's only when they do stuff that endangers people's lives does Capitalism rear its ugly head.

For example, imagine if all of Walmart's products were made in the U.S? At least we know millions of Americans jobs would be safe but not only that, it would prove there is a market demand to keep it that way.

But since more and more products are being made overseas, then it means Walmart grows but Americans lose their jobs and makes them more dependent on the government. Or the same shit when they hire illegal workers. It kills wages and only increases the wealth gap (since now Joe and his family are forced to compete against Pablo and his $1 salary while struggling to pay their monthly mortgage).
I don't disagree with you, but what if it was like, both. Walmart (and again I'm not just talking about Walmart but large retail conglomerates like Walmart) had restrictions to prevent them from taking over the sector, AND the industry as a whole had incentives to buy American? And not insane incentives, but a slight tax break for example.

Wouldn't that be ideal?

JordanN

Banned
I don't disagree with you, but what if it was like, both. Walmart (and again I'm not just talking about Walmart but large retail conglomerates like Walmart) had restrictions to prevent them from taking over the sector, AND the industry as a whole had incentives to buy American? And not insane incentives, but a slight tax break for example.

Wouldn't that be ideal?
I would like to see more small businesses thrive, hence why I'm opposed to these lengthy lockdowns.

Although I do believe incentives to start a business already exist. People can secure loans from the banks or lookout for investors.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Mm, I think that's technically correct, but it's up to the government to put the rules in place to prevent destruction of small business. In a lot of ways which I can get into, if I have to. But like benefits would be one, right? Al's Grocery Store might struggle to pay for employee retirement and healthcare benefits because they're small, and if they did their costs and therefore their prices would be higher than Walmart's or Amazon's or CVS's.

First, I don't agree. I believe in market economies. The market sent out very strong signals about what they wanted and that's what they got. The players who ignored that failed accordingly. The players who couldn't differentiate their product failed accordingly. That's how it is supposed to work. Government regulation isn't going to fix that. Name any other government in the world that has fixed this problem? There aren't any.

The answer for small businesses is to value-add or go into services that the Wal-Marts of the world don't provide. The answer isn't to cry that Wal-Mart is successful in addressing market demand and small businesses aren't.

And in any case following your ideal once again the blame isn't on Wal-Mart, it is on the government that provides the framework within which Wal-Mart operates. The government elected by the people. America isn't just getting what it wanted, it is getting what it deserves.

Keep electing corporate-friendly globalist neolibs/neocons and see how that helps small businesses. Keep electing old millionaires, I'm sure that will fix it, they're so in touch with small business.

Last edited:

Batiman

Banned
Where a huge supplier for Walmart and they have us so tight by the balls it’s not even funny. They’re horrible to do business with. They expect everything they’re way or they’ll cut us off. Hard to even make money with them. This is how they’re able to undersell to everyone. They get the special treatment while our smaller customers give us a bit of leeway with our orders. A small mistake with their orders and we have to pay a heavy. Fuck Walmart.

Last edited:

Hans Bubby

Banned
People always fight for these small businesses but I wonder how many of them ever actually shopped there with their ridiculously high prices.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I just feel like it's too far gone at this point, and Wal-Mart is the lesser of two evils at the moment when compared to online retailers and Amazon.

Wal-Mart starts new employees at $15 an hour now and is employing people locally at least. But yeah, it's one of the largest corporations in the world and still siphons money out of local economies.

In the 90s when everyone was warning about Wal-Mart though, no one knew Amazon would eat everything and siphon even more money out of local economies than them, while offering less jobs.

Sakura

Isn't this what capitalism is? Walmart wasn't always a mega-corporation with huge stores all over the country.
Small businesses died because they failed to compete.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Isn't this what capitalism is? Walmart wasn't always a mega-corporation with huge stores all over the country.
Read about trust busters and capitalism a long time ago. Multiple times in history it solidifies too much into monopolies that don't help the general population or the economy at large.

After a certain point competition becomes virtually impossible. Even if a superior product emerged, it could literally just be bought and integrated into the previous market leaders' company.

JordanN

Banned
I think it's both true and false.

Companies get successful to the point where they can rewrite the rules of capitalism.

For example, lobbying the government for tax breaks or even corporate welfare isn't something small businesses can compete with.

Or as I pointed out earlier in the thread, Walmart importing their entire product library from China and selling them at razor thin margins is a death blow for "made in America" businesses (since no one in the West wants to lower their standards to that of actual slavery).

Last edited:
I'm okay with Wal-Mart. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's not like they're the only retailer that exists and is profitable in the U.S. either. Kroger, Tom Thumb, HEB, Whole Foods, Central Market, Target. All exist as grocers and do fairly well. Kohl's, Macy's exist as clothing retailers. Bass Pro Shops, Dick's, Cabella's, Academy, have their market cornered in sports/outdoors that they specialize in. Best Buy for electronics, etc. Home Depot/Lowe's for hardware.

What Wal-Mart does well is they're kind of the jack of all trades/master of none of retailers. Which allows other retailers to focus on specific niche markets that Wal-Mart does poorly in.

Wal-Mart shouldn't solely shoulder the blame of driving small ma/pa stores under when it was pretty much all of the big box stores that did that.

oagboghi2

Point to where it says in the Constitution that small businesses are entitled to protection from competition?

Sakura

I think it's both true and false.

Companies get successful to the point where they rewrite the rules of capitalism.

For example, lobbying the government for tax breaks or even corporate welfare isn't something small businesses can compete with.

Or as I pointed out earlier in the thread, Walmart importing their entire product library from China and selling them at razor thin margins is a death blow for "made in America" businesses (since no one in the West wants to lower their standards to that of actual slavery).
What are the "rules" of capitalism though? It's privately owned companies competing for profit. It is only natural that it is going to go down that way. You can have government regulations and rules to protect smaller businesses, but eventually it isn't capitalism any more.
I also disagree that they cannot compete. There is more than just price. If you can't compete on the price point, then stop trying to. Instead compete by providing high quality and/or unique products you won't find in a Walmart. Compete by providing a level of service or experience that you won't find at Walmart. If you are selling literally the same product that the Walmart is selling, but it is more expensive and that's it, then yeah, your business is going to fail.

JordanN

Banned
I'm okay with Wal-Mart. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's not like they're the only retailer that exists and is profitable in the U.S. either. Kroger, Tom Thumb, HEB, Whole Foods, Central Market, Target. All exist as grocers and do fairly well. Kohl's, Macy's exist as clothing retailers. Bass Pro Shops, Dick's, Cabella's, Academy, have their market cornered in sports/outdoors that they specialize in. Best Buy for electronics, etc. Home Depot/Lowe's for hardware.

What Wal-Mart does well is they're kind of the jack of all trades/master of none of retailers. Which allows other retailers to focus on specific niche markets that Wal-Mart does poorly in.

Wal-Mart shouldn't solely shoulder the blame of driving small ma/pa stores under when it was pretty much all of the big box stores that did that.
I'll be honest and say big box stores are actually an evolution of businesses.

They are basically giant marketplaces or bazaars.

Who wouldn't want to go to a store that lets them go buy groceries, clothing, video games and pharmaceuticals all in one trip?

Before the internet, you would either have to go to the mall or visit each store to get each item you wanted. But if you go to Target, Walmart, Kroger etc, you cut down all those trips to one.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
What are the "rules" of capitalism though? It's privately owned companies competing for profit. It is only natural that it is going to go down that way. You can have government regulations and rules to protect smaller businesses, but eventually it isn't capitalism any more.
It's privately owned companies but the richest ones also have the government acting as a benefactor.

I'll use an example. In Canada, it's near impossible to start your own broadband provider. Why? Because Bell & Rogers own all the cable lines. How do you get cable lines? I'm pretty sure you have to go to the government and get their permission to dig through property.

You could argue "just go lay down lines where Bell/Rogers doesn't exist". Ok, you start a company in say Nunavut and meet the locals needs. But you'll never get the other 50% of customers who live in Ontario or Quebec.

Sakura said:
I also disagree that they cannot compete. There is more than just price. If you can't compete on the price point, then stop trying to. Instead compete by providing high quality and/or unique products you won't find in a Walmart. Compete by providing a level of service or experience that you won't find at Walmart. If you are selling literally the same product that the Walmart is selling, but it is more expensive and that's it, then yeah, your business is going to fail.
It's not everyday someone wants to own a Ferrari or an 8K TV.

You basically enter a niche market where you attempt to sell to the mega rich or you compete against the companies who already have most essentials covered.

We see this same effect in the game industry. The AAA market is saturated but making a game on an indie budget is arguably even more suicidal. Because all the big companies already have the expertise and cash to survive a flop but an Indie game that fails to recoup its costs is pretty much lights out.

Last edited:
I'll be honest and say big box stores are actually an evolution of businesses.

They are basically giant marketplaces or bazaars.

Who wouldn't want to go a store that lets them go buy groceries, clothing, video games and pharmaceuticals all in one trip?

Before the internet, you would either have to go to the mall or visit each store to get each item you wanted. But if you go to Target, Walmart, Kroger etc, you cut down all those trips to one.

Well it actually is kinda true since most big box stores started as ma/pa places with one or two locations then did well and were able to secure loans/capital to build more locations and expand. The process keeps repeating itself thus most smaller competition is driven out.

Sakura

It's privately owned companies but the richest ones also have the government acting as a benefactor.

I'll use an example. In Canada, it's near impossible to start your own broadband provider. Why? Because Bell & Rogers own all the cable lines. How do you get cable lines? I'm pretty sure you have to go to the government and get their permission to dig through property.

You could argue "just go lay down lines where Bell/Rogers doesn't exist". Ok, you start a company in say Nunavut and meet the locals needs. But you'll never get the other 50% of customers who live in Ontario or Quebec.

It's not everyday someone wants to own a Ferrari or an 8K TV.

You basically enter a niche market where you attempt to sell to the mega rich or you compete against the companies who already have most essentials covered.

We see this same effect in the game industry. The AAA market is saturated but making a game on an indie budget is arguably even more suicidal. Because all the big companies already have the expertise and cash to survive a flop but an Indie game that fails to recoup its costs is pretty much lights out.

Again, I disagree. I'm not talking about selling to the mega-rich. I'm talking about providing a service or goods that Walmart doesn't. That's it.
For example, I am from a smaller town in Canada. We have a Walmart Supercentre. Some grocery stores have gone out of business, yes. But again, why shouldn't they? I ain't going to pay 6 dollars for a box of Fruit Loops if I can get it at Walmart for 3.
On the other hand though, there are places still in business here. For example, there is a grocery store, but it sells British import items. Tons of teas, foods, snacks, etc from the UK that you won't find at a Walmart. Sure it might be more expensive, but you don't have to be mega-rich to shop there. If you want those kinds of items, you are going to go there. There are ways to compete. Small businesses don't deserve success and protection simply because they happen to be a small business.
The broadband stuff is definitely some shit though.

JordanN

Banned
Again, I disagree. I'm not talking about selling to the mega-rich. I'm talking about providing a service or goods that Walmart doesn't. That's it.
For example, I am from a smaller town in Canada. We have a Walmart Supercentre. Some grocery stores have gone out of business, yes. But again, why shouldn't they? I ain't going to pay 6 dollars for a box of Fruit Loops if I can get it at Walmart for 3.
And why do you think Walmart can sell Cereal for half off despite it being the same product?

They can take losses, but their losses are backed by foreign slave labor and government kickbacks.

It's basically like having cheat codes, where you can do the math and find out it's financially impossible for anyone else to challenge your turf but you still get rewarded, even when you're suppose to fail.

And I don't deny that niche stores can't be profitable. Only that it's a riskier venture. Like for example, how many politicians ever said with a straight face that Walmart should have been closed during this pandemic? Even despite the fact that it attracted a ton of people who could spread infection? Next to none. Now why is this?

Do you think it's because Walmart just "knows" how to compete better, or is it because politicians are too scared to actually challenge them? If Justin Trudeau said tomorrow for all British import stores to close or that he was going to ban British products, how many of these niche stores will actually be able to challenge them? Unless they have deep pockets or they themselves lobby the government, they can be shut down despite making a healthy profit before.

That's actually a metaphor for the gun industry right now. They were all fine competing and making a profit before. But the Canadian gun lobby clearly isn't as influential as the American equivalent, and Trudeau passing all these "guns bans" is going to make their life worse unless they actually do start to win court battles.

Last edited:

Piku_Ringo

Banned

At least we know the wealth still exists, but seeing all our Western wealth fall into the hands of the Chinese Communists is a danger to our sovereignty. Basically, look at the housing markets. It's the millionaires from China flooding into our countries and buying up our own land and real estate.
hHGwBla.gif

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Walmart and amazon are essentially the same thing, except Walmart has to contend with all the extra baggage that having a gigantic physical retail presence in the US entails.

Creating a thread on here with the title Walmart is bad makes me wonder: is the OP a raging socialist with an agenda, or just an insufferable cunt?

Last edited:

Sakura

And why do you think Walmart can sell Cereal for half off despite it being the same product?

They can take losses, but their losses are backed by foreign slave labor and government kickbacks.

It's basically like having cheat codes, where you can do the math and find out it's financially impossible for anyone else to challenge your turf but you still get rewarded, even when you're suppose to fail.

And I don't deny that niche stores can't be profitable. Only that it's a riskier venture. Like for example, how many politicians ever said with a straight face that Walmart should have been closed during this pandemic? Even despite the fact that it attracted a ton of people who could spread infection? Next to none. Now why is this?

Do you think it's because Walmart just "knows" how to compete better, or is it because politicians are too scared to actually challenge them? If Justin Trudeau said tomorrow for all British import stores to close or that he was going to ban British products, how many of these niche stores will actually be able to challenge them? Unless they have deep pockets or they themselves lobby the government, they can be shut down despite making a healthy profit before.

That's actually a metaphor for the gun industry right now. They were all fine competing and making a profit before. But the Canadian gun lobby clearly isn't as influential as the American equivalent, and Trudeau passing all these "guns bans" is going to make their life worse unless they actually do start to win court battles.
It doesn't matter why they can cell cereal for half the price, the only thing that matters is that they can, so don't compete with them on prices for the same products.
Of course Walmart knows how to compete better. Do you think in the 60s when they were just 1 store, they were growing and succeeding because of their political influence? Come on. Lower prices than competitors has been their thing forever. Even before "foreign slave labour" and government kickbacks.
Walmart started as a small business just like every other small business. They didn't get to the top by "cheating", they worked their way there. I'm not going to feel bad for small businesses who are unable to compete. That is capitalism, take it or leave it.

JordanN

Banned
It doesn't matter why they can cell cereal for half the price, the only thing that matters is that they can, so don't compete with them on prices for the same products.
Of course Walmart knows how to compete better. Do you think in the 60s when they were just 1 store, they were growing and succeeding because of their political influence? Come on. Lower prices than competitors has been their thing forever. Even before "foreign slave labour" and government kickbacks.
Walmart started as a small business just like every other small business. They didn't get to the top by "cheating", they worked their way there. I'm not going to feel bad for small businesses who are unable to compete. That is capitalism, take it or leave it.
Sorry to misinform you but I don't actually support unrestricted capitalism (or not anymore after bypassing my "lolbertarian" phase).

It's just not fair to compare small businesses with modern corporations who are fine with throwing ethics away in order to gain a competitive edge.

It doesn't mean I align myself with the bleeding heart commies and SJW's, but when a company has so much power that they can engage in mass deforestation or screw over their own nation by enlisting the help of foreign dictatorships, then leaving them alone will have a negative impact on us.

There should be a balance or else we end up with serfdom again.

Sakura said:
They didn't get to the top by "cheating", they worked their way there.
Every company would love to tell you that heart warming story but reality tells a different picture.

There's a point where companies work hard to succeed, and then there's a point where they use death squads to stay that way. Again, I understand why they would do that but it's borderline praising the Mafia for being successful even though their actual money is soaked in someone else's blood.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I kinda thought the same thing as OP when this pandemic started except I feel like it's already a reality where I live. The governor here closed everything except grocery stores and pharmacies, but there were a few downtown businesses that operated similarly to grocery stores (bakeries, canned goods store, a grocer in town that usually catered specifically to restaurants but was open to everyone, and even some coffee shops that sold bags of beans and such) that were NOT allowed to stay open. Their businesses were fundamentally the same as the two places in town that were allowed to stay open: Walmart and Safeway, just more niche.

It really felt like the government was saying "We approve of you shopping at Walmart. We do not approve of you shopping at Bob's Bakery." A lot of those businesses are still closed here and have been for months. A lot of them will probably never re-open.

Amory

Walmart and amazon are essentially the same thing, except Walmart has to contend with all the extra baggage that having a gigantic physical retail presence in the US entails.

Creating a thread on here with the title Walmart is bad makes me wonder: is the OP a raging socialist with an agenda, or just an insufferable cunt?
neither? calm down, jeez.

Super Mario

Banned
There's two worlds. The noble internet bullshit, and the real world. I love Wal-Mart. For all of its faults, I can get everything I want there, and at a great price. Fuck all of your whole foods, warehouse clubs, and expensive mom and pops. Wal-Mart's Great Value and Equate brands are too good to pass up. Who's really asking for new grocery chains? People will say one thing and do another.

It is huge bullshit though that through this pandemic, all of the big retailers got a pass, and the little guys didn't.

Amory

There's two worlds. The noble internet bullshit, and the real world. I love Wal-Mart. For all of its faults, I can get everything I want there, and at a great price. Fuck all of your whole foods, warehouse clubs, and expensive mom and pops. Wal-Mart's Great Value and Equate brands are too good to pass up. Who's really asking for new grocery chains? People will say one thing and do another.

It is huge bullshit though that through this pandemic, all of the big retailers got a pass, and the little guys didn't.
in retrospect i should've named the thread something different. i'm not fanatically anti-walmart or anti-amazon. i buy shit from both of them, especially amazon.

i do worry about what the landscape is going to look like going forward, though. the pandemic is, objectively, a net positive for these huge companies. they're expanding their market share even further since they've been allowed to keep operating and are big enough to keep operating, where smaller businesses either are prevented or don't have the capability

and then we have to see these circle jerk commercials where they paint themselves as heroes when all they did was keep doing what they normally do, but they handed out masks to their employees

oagboghi2

Walmart isn't using slave labor to get fruit loops. Stop being so damn dramatic.

Walmart sells cereal at 3 bucks a box because they the manufacturer of the cereal sells it to Walmart at a lower price. Walmart can buy goods at a larger scale. A manufacturer would rather sell 10k boxes of fruit loops at 1.50 a box than sell 100 boxes of fruit loops to a small ma/pa store at 3.00 a box.

No government or slavery required. Just common sense business decisions by everyone involved.

JordanN

Banned
Walmart isn't using slave labor to get fruit loops. Stop being so damn dramatic.
I didn't say that.

oagboghi2 said:
Walmart can buy goods at a larger scale.
And it's just a coincidence they can do this for everything?

Another thing to keep in mind, people forget that buying 100 boxes of cereal doesn't automatically = 100x profit. Even if the small grocery stuff does it, you have to factor in that people steal stuff, the products go missing, customers may return it or the product gets damaged and can't be sold.

Yet Walmart being able to take these losses at such a large scale is not something your average business can do.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
It's a touchy subject go look at stores in the 90s you could argue malls were bigger than anything.

highrider

Banned
No the American consumer is unfortunately the reason we are in love with purchasing shitty Chinese shit. Walmart is just emblematic of our own failure to be a self sufficient nation.

oagboghi2

I didn't say that.

And it's just a coincidence they can do this for everything?
Yes, Walmarts large size and retail dominance is why they are able to get deals that smaller, incredibly smaller shops can't do. Is this even a serious question

Another thing to keep in mind, people forget that buying 100 boxes of cereal doesn't automatically = 100x profit. Even if the small grocery stuff does it, you have to factor in that people steal stuff, the products go missing, customers may return it or the product gets damaged and can't be sold.

Yet Walmart being able to take these losses at such a large scale is not something your average business can do.
You can not be serious right now? Do you seriously think Walmart doesn't factor this shit in.

The manufacturer doesn't care about anything you just stated

JordanN

Banned
Yes, Walmarts large size and retail dominance is why they are able to get deals that smaller, incredibly smaller shops can't do. Is this even a serious question

You can not be serious right now? Do you seriously think Walmart doesn't factor this shit in.

The manufacturer doesn't care about anything you just stated

They do, which is why I believe their business model is focused on lobbying and outsourcing foreign labor in order to undercut the competition in ways they can never catch up to conventionally.

If it wasn't, why are these companies afraid to file their taxes or use loopholes to get around it? Your small business isn't going to do the same thing without being arrested or kicked out.

Heck, I even mentioned to the poster above, why has no politician confronted Walmart during the lockdown? Again, do you think it's just a "coincidence" that some stores are allowed to operate during a pandemic but random Joe and his struggling Shoe business can't?

Last edited:
Ever since they refuse to sell handgun ammo I stopped going to Walmart.

Funny thing is the place that I do go has the same stuff and it's turning out cheaper. Not to mention I can get my ammo next door.

Top Bottom