Platform: PS4 (there is also a PC version, OT for that is here.)
Website: www.warframe.com (PS4 forum will go live on launch day)
Warframe Wiki: Click Here
Release Date: PS4 Launch
Genre: Action (Third Person, Co-op Focused)
Price: Free to Play
# of Players: 4 player co-op, Solo mode
Publisher: Digital Extremes
Developer: Digital Extremes
Warframe is a co-operative, free-to-play, sci-fi action game developed by Digital Extremes set in a distant future where the solar system is torn between a hyper-militarist clone empire, profit-driven technological merchants, and infested mutants/zombies. The player takes the role of a "Tenno", a member of a fourth faction, warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Tenno (you) are guided by an entity called "the Lotus" through missions including timed survival, prisoner rescue, sabotage, and many more. The players are always pitted against enemies in superior numbers. To this end, players have at their disposal a varied arsenal of weapons both archaic and fantastic, and, most notably, a special suit of armor called the Warframe, each of which has a particular set of abilities. Despite being primarily a shooter game, the gameplay has a definite focus on the agility of the Warframes, featuring some parkour elements, and the way each Warframes’ abilities allow for creativity in combat.
Tenno that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.
(shamelessly stolen from the PSN/Store page)
- Co-op or Solo Action: Go it alone or assemble up to a 4-player squad to assist in epic PvE enemy and boss battles while raiding the solar system for ancient artifacts that increase your Warframe abilities and enhance your arsenal.
- Your Warframe: Each Warframe possesses a different set of devastating offensive and defensive powers that can be increased and modified to help change the course of any battle.
- The Foundry: Use acquired artifacts and resources to craft unique weapons and new Warframes.
- Mod Collection System Collect, combine and tailor your Warframe and weapons into uniquely lethal tools with customization mods that range in scarcity from common to ultra-rare.
- Clan Dojo: Unite with your clan under one roof: build rooms, research/build new weapons, and duel 1v1 against your clan-mates within the sanctity of your clan’s custom Dojo.
- Sentinel Pet System: Add a fierce companion to accompany you into battle. Collect precepts to train your Sentinel for battle, protect you from enemies, gather artifacts and more.
- New Content Monthly: The depth of gameplay and playability continually evolves with major monthly content updates.
- Automatic Mission Generator: Never experience the same mission twice and always face a new map to conquer solo or with your squad as levels are procedurally configured for a unique raid – every time.
Pre-Order Bonuses (also free): Ultimate Fan Pack — a pre-order Pack specifically for PlayStation fans that includes an exclusive PlayStation Braton Rifle weapon skin, 50 Platinum, and 20,000 Credits. To get this pack on launch day (or when you get your PS4), you’ll have to pre-order Warframe either through SEN on the web, or through PlayStation Store on your PS3 — found in the PS4 section — by November 12th.
More details on the Warframes here.
NeoGAF Warframe Clan/Friends: If you would like, leave your PSN ID in the thread so we can all add each other. Also might be helpful to add what timezone/region you play in, and also mention who you are on GAF when sending out invites.
Warframe adds Trophy Support on PS4, and Customizable Controls!
Trophy Support is likely our biggest feature addition in Update 11.5 and it couldn’t come soon enough. Trophies will have to be earned as they are not retroactive. A total of 20 Trophies are available, encouraging players to rank up their equipment, build items in the Foundry with collected resources, and participate in co-operative play; a key feature we like to emphasize in the Warframe universe.
Players can now map the DualShock 4 controller to their liking, creating hundreds of layout possibilities. Find what works best for you or simply revert your changes back to the default layout with the simple press of a button.