• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WarioWare Gold [OT] Something old, something new, same old Wario

Andyliini

EsIbcKi.jpg

Platform: Nintendo 3DS
Release dates: July 27 (EU), July 28 (AU), August 2 (JP), August 3 (NA)
Developer: Intelligent Systems
Publisher: Nintendo
Genre: Minigames

PP1Ad9W.png

Wario is back! And this time, he's bringing hundreds of microgames, old and new mind you, with him! Experience a blast from the past with microgames of three different categories, or try something completely new. Mash the buttons provided! Twist your machine and wrists! Touch that precious smaller screen of yours! Or all of these in the mix. Wario gives you the best selection of microgames ever, and you can have fun while making coins (for Wario!) Oh, and support for your precious amiibo-figures is also included. Join the fun! Wa-ha-ha-ha-ha-haaa!

The game includes 300 different microgames, all from the humble GBA beginnings, through WarioWare Toughh, and Twisted to completely new games, made just for this game. No special edition is available, so just normal release for this game.
Here's the boxart:
warioware_gold.jpg

0Ks59Qz.png

Metacritic: TBD
Opencritic: N/A

Gameblog - 7/10
Wario Ware Gold feels like a very best of the series to this day : with a few new mini-games and many old ones, this episode cannot hide the feeling of redudancy. But with its 300 microgames, many crazy modes and a ton of WTF gadgets, every player can now experience the craziness of Wario Ware. Too bad the hardcore crew do already know most of its content.

GameXplain - "Liked"

ZKDM0rZ.png

Demo Trailer:

Launch Trailer:

Stills:
nndBpm5NIFR2eVpu1up2HpYmahiTCOfm.jpg

6QqU12oqyep5aENKknxO8uZIeNaWPZco.jpg

Bmr6argdVdLlD8rdpexEo5K2HjQ3L-99.jpg

jW8bHfqkal3xyHt6RwSTPzsBSHwbyPYJ.jpg

AYyezJ5YWZhAwrYIBMzBV0eLh1BAbOVq.jpg

gJZbxsLwlX17nB9TrLqjc7GuNqoLfG4O.jpg

Last edited:
The demo was decent. I love Warioware so this is a day one purchase for me. Too bad there's no 3D, probably would've made things appropriately wacky

I agree it's a bit lame there's no 3D functionality for the game. It's kind of weak how Nintendo just stopped putting in the effort with 3D, it worked really well for certain games.

Super excited for this however as it's been awhile since we've had a Warioware. Day 1 on the eshop for me so it's always on my system

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Just finished it.
Its meh i still prefer the original gba game.
Somehow the redone gfx for the gba games look kinda ugly.

Also not liking how unlocks seem just random.
Think i spend 30000 coins and i have 3 mini games.
And the rest is trash. (Anyone understand those collectible character cards?) They have lvl stats etc looks like a cardgame.

The 8 and 16 bit nintendo remixes are still a joy to play. But not enough of em.

Not liking the blow mechanics.

I would give this game a pass tbh it was fun for 3 hours max.

wondermega

A new Wario whaaaa? I thought after G&W they would retire the series.. and it's on 3DS, even weirder. Well may have to pick it up then, I really enjoyed the 1st one back in the day!

Top Bottom