• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warner Bros. cancels Arkham Origins DLC for Wii U, Nintendo sending refunds.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I can still buy a costume pack or two right? Cripes, I just bought the U version a little over a week ago cause it was $10 less and I didn't care about the online.

Any DLC already released so far should still be up.
The cancelled DLC was more single player campaign which blows.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
It's a shame Wii U can't go out with at least a tiny bit of support. At this rate it's literally going to be a Nintendo only system. I'm actually wondering if it can survive long enough for X to show up :(

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Not the same game

Not the same content.

i5hahScreWflE.gif

Sad. I guess as a launch week Wii U owner I'm partly to blame for this. Out of my 10 retail games only 3 are third party and two I bought at fire sale prices after they bombed...

At least we are still getting indies for now...

Its only going to keep getting worse. Remember, we have a whole generation of kids who just grew up not giving a single shit about Nintendo or their legacy.

This is the dangerous game that Iwata chose to play. Hell, he's doubling-down on it as we speak.

kuYuri

This is another reason why I would not buy a third party, multiplatform game on Wii U, as bad as that sounds.

KingJ2002

Sad but needs to happen. This will show Nintendo that changes need to be made... not just with sales, but with the network and third party relations.

hopefully e3 will sing a brighter tune for Nintendo.

it's always darkest before the dawn.

Kriken

Rather than keeping tabs on which 3rd party companies aren't giving the full experience for Wii U, I'm trying to keep tabs on which ones are.
I like making shorter lists

I did, I thought the E3 reveal and the Wii U capability was a joke and thought no one would buy a PS3/360 level of graphics console. Looks like i was right.

The success of Wii U was completely dependent on them managing to convince people the gamepad controller had any value whatsoever, and so far they've barely even released their own software that utilises it in an impressive way. Just a terrible console concept all round. Who knows how well the system could have done if they hadn't felt the need to burden it with a trend following gimmick and instead launched at a cheaper price or with competent graphical power. Maybe this game would have stood a chance if it looked actually better than games on consoles from nearly 10 years ago.

HUELEN10

I don't feel bad for Nintendo, but I do feel bad for Wii U owners. I know I would be pissed.

Day one owner here, can't say I'm pissed, just saddened. Yes, most of what I play is Nintendo published titles, but a Nintendo console should have non-Nintendo games on it too. Even though it would be foolhardy to call this the case, I feel as people have failed the console more than the console has failed on its own merit (again, not stating this as fact, just how I feel). Those are just my feelings, and it makes me sad that stuff like this is happening. There are now children who didn't grow up with Nintendo, and that can only mean that the fanbase is literally dying out, just like Star Trek; more fans are dying than being made. It's scary!

Do you know how conflicting it feels when the best console (in your eyes) that you've ever owned, and the best one ever made (again, in your opinion) suffers like this? It's unreal! That's how I feel.

Effect

I feel for those that bought this version of the game and were looking forward to this content. Not for Nintendo. I would hope they'd be embarrassed by this but I believe Iwata is incapable of feeling that nor do they really care anymore.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Recall when I mentioned a couple months ago you'd prolly see some cancelations coming up depending on sales of a few key titles.

Hey look, I'm like a super vague nonspecific soothsayer

Delio

Sad but needs to happen. This will show Nintendo that changes need to be made... not just with sales, but with the network and third party relations.

Could always just be dark forever. Devs have two others to play ball with.

Effer

Iwata scheduled dawn for 2016/2017 when his non-wearable dongle takes off.

gogosox8

Damn. I kinda feel bad for Nintendo. I definately feel bad for their fans who bought this. This is a really shitty situation.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
sorry but its only going to get worse.

Yeah, their console business is in the shitter. They can't compete with Microsoft and Sony because the mindshare is that Nintendo can't deliver like they do. And it's true.

There's no magical comebacks.

Nintendo getting what it deserves. Desert your core fanbase to chase a bigger market and then try to act like they care about them again? Fuck off

Its only going to keep getting worse. Remember, we have a whole generation of kids who just grew up not giving a single shit about Nintendo or their legacy.

This is the dangerous game that Iwata chose to play. Hell, he's doubling-down on it as we speak.

Joke post? Didn't they sell millions of New Super Mario Bros Wii and Mario Kart last gen?

18-Volt

So it's true then. Nintendo is killing the Wii U early and they will reveal the next gen consoles this E3. Or later, but within this year.

Top Bottom