• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warner Bros should relist all the delisted XBLA/PSN games

WB Interactive owns the rights to all of those games as well as the Midway name. I wish they would put all those games back up.

I know they released the Midway Arcade Origins collection, but that was over 3 years ago and all of those games are offline only.

I know it's not really a priority for WB to bring back Root Beer Tapper and Smash TV, but I fail to see why it wouldn't be an easy thing to do.

Also, that collection did not include Paperboy and I need my fix!

So who else would buy any of the delisted Midway games if they were to re-release them?

A list of the delisted games:
Gauntlet
Root Beer Tapper
Smash TV
Paperboy
Ultimate MK3
Robotron 2084
Defender
Joust
Cyberball 2072

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
There are licences to consider for some titles and no AAA publisher is going to pay for them again unless they be incorporated into a new project. Wheelman features two licensed vehicles, for example. But, yeah, WB could definitely be doing more with what it picked up. Where are Steam releases of, say, the Area 51 games? Or the two Suffering games? Even the WB Vault initiative, announced almost 18 months ago, went nowhere outside of the Gauntlet reboot, which was announced alongside said program.

There are licences to consider for some titles and no AAA publisher is going to pay for them again unless they be incorporated into a new project. Wheelman features two licensed vehicles, for example.

Right, but I'm referring to the Arcade games. No licenses to worry about in Paperboy or Joust.

Exactly! Don't even get me started on the Rush series and all the other franchises that honestly, I would be content with arcade/console ports of.

This is why I still have paperboy and smash TV on my 360.

I still keep that first terrible double dragon HD remake even though its terrible.

WB Games have released all the old Midway titles in Midway Arcade Origins for the Xbox 360 and PS3, but unfortunately there's no online play for these versions. They also released the Mortal Kombat Kollection, which includes the original 3 games with online play. You can get them for pretty cheap nowadays if you're interested.

I believe they are delisted from the store not from your download history.

This is correct. It's kind of crazy how misinformed people are about this/
I want everything on GOG really.

This would be great! The video game industry really needs a better preservation effort.

There's been issues with games being relisted under different publishers. See the Skullgirls console drama.

Yea, but very different situation. WB owns the rights to most of the Midway games.

WB Games have released all the old Midway titles in Midway Arcade Origins for the Xbox 360 and PS3, but unfortunately there's no online play for these versions. They also released the Mortal Kombat Kollection, which includes the original 3 games with online play. You can get them for pretty cheap nowadays if you're interested.

Thank you for reading my OP...haha *sigh*

Fox Mulder

It's kind of crazy stuff like smash tv never came back, but companies care about money. Charging $5 for Joust likely isnt worth the effort, and I'm guessing the compilation they put out didn't sell amazingly either.

Xater

Are we sure WB owns all of these? I am not quite sure how the midway stuff went down. The only ones I am sure about are Gauntlet and MK.

A would like a brand new Gauntlet for 2016

You are in luck there already was one last year.

Top Bottom