• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warner Bros. was reportedly planning Batman and Rocksteady E3 reveals

Mista

Banned
batman-arkham-knight-b-1920x1080.jpg

Organiser the Entertainment Software Association (ESA) said on Wednesday that this year’s event would no longer be going ahead due to concerns over the coronavirus (COVID-19), dashing Warner’s plans to reveal several major new games.

It claims Warner had been lining up a trio of high-profile reveals for June’s event, where it was due to host an E3 press conference for the first time. These included a new Batman title, an open-world Harry potter game, and the next project from Arkham developer Rocksteady Studios.

great now we're not going to get the new Batman game

not necessarily. If they had plans to show off some stuff at the MS E3 conference, that will still happen at MSs digital event.

These shows take months to prepare. Whatever MS was gonna show at e3 is still going to happen. And with Sony not being there, likelihood is that MS got some of those trailers to show off since WB don’t do events.

Last edited:

Fbh

Turn it into a sort of direct?
Spread out the announcements throughout the year to keep people talking about your company and projects?
Call MS to see if they'd be interested in including the announcements into their digital presentation?
Call Sony to see if they'd be interested in including the announcements into their Ps5 reveal event l if/when it actually happens?
Show it all now and have the full gaming media attention for a week as opposed to sharing it with everyone else?
"Leak" the stuff?

Last edited:

Strider311

Yay more dumfuck logos teases all year long now.
Except, knowing WB’s track record of scrapping stuff, first we need a dozen more cancellations and restarts. Then we can look forward to a couple more years of logo teases and cryptic tweets.

Mhmmm 2077

I want them to make their own stream, announce everything there and dominate and win E3 without it even happening.

Imagine: new Batman, Rocksteady's GaaS title (I'm skeptical, but we will see), Mad Max 2, new Middle-earth game, that Harry Potter RPG and for preparation of new Matrix movie - high quality Matrix game. Would be pretty amazing.

Kagey K

Banned
These are big companies with concrete plans on how they wanted to market things going forward. If WB wanted to hold a press conference and hang With the big boys this cancellation hurt them a lot.

As much as everyone says reveal on Twitter or Youtube, it doesn’t bring the same eyes to it as a big convention does.

They will be preaching to the converted.

D3SCHA1N

not necessarily. If they had plans to show off some stuff at the MS E3 conference, that will still happen at MSs digital event.

These shows take months to prepare. Whatever MS was gonna show at e3 is still going to happen. And with Sony not being there, likelihood is that MS got some of those trailers to show off since WB don’t do events.

The OP literally says WB was planning to reveal these games at their first ever press conference this year.... Maybe they'll collab with M$ to reveal them at their event, but it's less likely as they wouldn't want to imply any sort of exclusivity or marketing deals...

Kagey K

Banned
The OP literally says WB was planning to reveal these games at their first ever press conference this year.... Maybe they'll collab with M$ to reveal them at their event, but it's less likely as they wouldn't want to imply any sort of exclusivity or marketing deals...
Hopefully they don’t have any marketing deals with $ony then, or $ony will be mad.

See how stupid the $ looks?

You idiots are acting that because E3 is cancelled, their cancelling the game. Grow up.
They'll just release the trailer on YouTube now, literally nothing else is different.

D3SCHA1N

Hopefully they don’t have any marketing deals with $ony then, or $ony will be mad.

See how stupid the $ looks?
That$ exa©tly why I $@id it$ le$$ likely to h@ppen becau$e of not wanting to imply marketing deal$ on a given platform, e$pe©ially if one exi$t$ on the other.... Sorry, the whole M$ thing is an old habit from way back, chillax man.

Kagey K

Banned
That$ exa©tly why I $@id it$ le$$ likely to h@ppen becau$e of not wanting to imply marketing deal$ on a given platform, e$pe©ially if one exi$t$ on the other.... Sorry, the whole M$ thing is an old habit from way back, chillax man.

If it’$ from way back, perhap$ it$ time you outgrew it.

Kagey K

Banned
Crazy thought, just bare with me a moment, but you could consider just, I dunno, not caring that I used a $ in place of an S, it's pretty simple to do actually...
Even better then that, I care so little that I will no longer see your posts. Have fun.

batman-arkham-knight-b-1920x1080.jpg

Organiser the Entertainment Software Association (ESA) said on Wednesday that this year’s event would no longer be going ahead due to concerns over the coronavirus (COVID-19), dashing Warner’s plans to reveal several major new games.

It claims Warner had been lining up a trio of high-profile reveals for June’s event, where it was due to host an E3 press conference for the first time. These included a new Batman title, an open-world Harry potter game, and the next project from Arkham developer Rocksteady Studios.

I fuckin crave that open world Harry Potter game, in my veins now! ❤

Too much time without an HP game, It's time ⚡

Not particularly hyped for the new Batman projects, I'd like something with a different character in all honesty, Arkham was ok imho, apart from the tedious Batmobile sections, but the series said enough - imho of course -

Strider311

This is my last hope for another Batman game. I always need more Batman, and it has been a damn famine for too long.

Top Bottom