• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warning, A Huge Podcast does nearly 4 hours.

GhaleonQ

WARNING! A Huge Podcast is Approaching Fast!

A podcast covering the world of Japanese gaming, brought to you by ex-GameFan and ex-Play stars shidoshi (1P), Casey Loe (2P), and Nick Rox (3P).

//Stage 010

//Now Playing: Final Fantasy XIV, Okamiden

//Subtopics: Aksys ponders otome games, ITMedia reveals the secret behind Famicom red, OMG WTF Shenmue III, FFXIV backlash grows, Sega making mad money, Platinum Games working on a “major multiplayer title”, Takahashi Keita rolls away from Bandai Namco, fans are pissed over iM@S 2, TokiMemo goes back to junior high school, more join Grasshopper, Level-5 drops the crazy 3DS announcements, Japan thinks the 3DS costs too much, Tatsuya Egawa butchers I mean draws God of War, Square Enix looking for help with Versus XIII, pick your favorite Rockman DASH 3 heroine (we do), Dengeki Wii & DS is no more, Hiroji Oji gets a little AKB48 action, Twitter Watch (Tetsuya Nomura, Hajime Tabata, Kenichi Nishi, Yuji Naka, Yoichi Wada, Hideo Kojima, Motoi Okamoto, Naoki Maeda, Yoshinori Ono), Coming Next, Comment of You, and Casey joins Twitter!

//So You Don`t Miss It:

//Coming Next Japan Game Mentions
//World Soccer Winning Eleven 2011, Dream C Club Portable (silent “C”), Phantom Brave Portable, God Eater Burst Append Edition and Regular Edition, Lucian Bee’s Evil Violet, Lucian Bee`s Justice Yellow, Lucian Bee`s Resurrection Supernova, Lucian Bee`s Trilogy Box, Bow-Meow Animal Hospital, Golden Sun: Black Dawn, Solatorobo: Sorekara CODE he, My Waifu ~A Waifu All Your Own~, Radilgy Noah MASSIVE, Radiant Historia, Dragon Ball Raging Blast 2, Tactics Ogre: Wheel of Fortune, The Game of Life: Happy Family, Wii Sports Resort Wii Remote Plus Pack, Party Game Box 100, Mushihimesama Futari Ver 1.5

//Other Game Mentions
//Hakuouki Shinsengumi, Will O` Wisp, Death Connection, Kakera, Wand of Fortune, Princess Debut, Yo-Jin-Bo, Angelique, Corda d`Oro, Shenmue, Shenmue II, Hatsune Miku Project Diva, Madworld, Katamari Damacy, Noby Noby Boy, The iDOLM@STER, Tokimeki Memorial: Girl`s Side, MOON, True Fantasy Live Online, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep, Rockman DASH, Rockman ZERO, Sakura Taisen, Tengai Makyo, Parasite Eve, Policenauts, 12RIVEN -the ψcliminal of integral-, Pro Evolution Soccer, Tail Concerto, Love Plus, Criminal Girls, Radiata Stories, Ys SEVEN, Riviera, Inazuma Eleven, Ushiro

http://radio.morningproject.com/?p=165
http://radio.morningproject.com/podcast/2010/10/warning010.mp3

"WAHP" MORE LIKE "WAHT" AM I RIGHT?

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Finished to listen this episode a few days ago. Definitely the best part was the ending when they started telling stories about GameFan :lol

One of my favorite podcasts regarding the japanese industry along with Red Sun Gamer and 8-4 Play.

RavenFox

Banned
bernardobri said:
Finished to listen this episode a few days ago. Definitely the best part was the ending when they started telling stories about GameFan :lol

One of my favorite podcasts regarding the japanese industry along with Red Sun Gamer and 8-4 Play.
What did they say about gamefan? The juicy stuff in short please:D

GhaleonQ

Pinko Marx said:
Its a GhaleonQ thread so I expect so Moon news.

*sad face* I also talk about Final Fantasy IX, King's Quest VI, and how awesome I am.

HamPster PamPster said:
Oh shoot I thought this was going to be a new episode

4 hours goes by so quick with these fellows :(

::puts on eye patch and waits for stage 11::

I searched! And you deprived us for days?!

the longer the podcast the more unlikely i am to listen to it these days, my itunes podcast page has so many back episodes that i havent started. Have been wanting to check out this podcast, but clearly this episode isnt for me

Xater

Listened to the episode a few days ago and it was a really good one imo. One of my favorite podcast these days.

firehawk12 said:
I like the podcast but they really need to put time stamps or something. It's just way too long...

I think that's the point. You also don't have to listen to it in one sitting. ;)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wazzim said:
I like it, you don't have to listen it in one time.

There are parts that I'd like to skip and having to scrub through a podcast 5 minutes at a time just to see if they finished a segment is just a bit of a pain.

Wazzim

Banned
firehawk12 said:
There are parts that I'd like to skip and having to scrub through a podcast 5 minutes at a time just to see if they finished a segment is just a bit of a pain.
Ah now I see your point. Yeah you're right, let's hope they improve on that the next time then.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah. It's not a big deal, but I generally read the show notes and then try to find the stories I'm interested in to listen to. I could listen over a few days, but... there's always a new podcast being made by someone else. :lol

mollipen

robut said:
I'm not laughing at you, but Shidoshi is a dude.

You might be surprised.

And we will hopefully have the next episode recorded this week, sticking to our bi-weekly schedule! We were going to do it a week after the last, but then Nick ended up having a last-minute translation thing to work on.

shidoshi said:
You might be surprised.

And we will hopefully have the next episode recorded this week, sticking to our bi-weekly schedule! We were going to do it a week after the last, but then Nick ended up having a last-minute translation thing to work on.

Awesome, can't wait to hear what you guys have to say about Mikami going to Bethesda and Inafune leaving Capcom.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
shidoshi said:
You might be surprised.

Many apologies! I don't know how coherent I would have been anyway (work schedule is overdrive).

But yes, please look forward to the next Stage sooner rather than later.

ultron87

One of these days I'm going to drive cross country or something and be able to catch up on WAHP. Until then I just don't have time in the week as much as I enjoy the show.

schlew

I run the risk of looking stupid, but was I way off in thinking Nick Rox got a job at Platinum Games? I thought a few weeks ago he dropped a hint about getting a job in Osaka, with a company who shipped a game this year, but it was released last year in Japan (I assumed Bayonetta).

Anyways, awesome podcast. The smile that spread on my face when I saw the four hour running time may never be re-produced. My favourite Japanese gaming podcast (of the three I listen to).

Alphahawk

I really do not have time for podcasts over 2 hours anymore, that was my main complaint with 1up eventually it turned into "how long can we make this puppy" every single week rezsulting in several bloated 2 hour plus podcasts. I stayed for the laughs, but after everyone left I kind of stoped caring, and a big part of it was due to its length...

Aokage

schlew said:
I thought a few weeks ago he dropped a hint about getting a job in Osaka

You'd be amazed how long it takes the Japanese government to grant foreigners a work visa :/

I'll be able to talk about it soon, though.

And thanks so much for listening, peoples! As fun as four-hour episodes are, we promise the next will be both shorter and timelier.

(But then again, we could probably do four hours on Inafune alone...!)

Negator

Blarg, I thought a new episode was out, this is the Oct 24 episode :lol

Oh well... Guess that's bound to happen when I have Google Listen refreshing every 12 hours.

Yes, I am excited when I see a new episode. If anything, make them longer!

mehdi_san

Who's taking care of the WAHP twitter account? Cuz I got an email this morning telling me : "WARNING! A Huge Pod (@WAHPcast) is now following your tweets on Twitter." , I think it must be a mistake :lol :lol

mollipen

mehdi_san said:
Who's taking care of the WAHP twitter account? Cuz I got an email this morning telling me : "WARNING! A Huge Pod (@WAHPcast) is now following your tweets on Twitter." , I think it must be a mistake :lol :lol

With that account, I'm following anybody who follows us as thanks for following us. (And GOD it bugs me that Twitter limits everything as much as it does, length-wise, meaning I can't have our name have the full "Podcast" at the end. Well, that and the fact that somebody already took @WAHP and is doing jack crap with it.)

Kevtones

This podcast deserves a dedicated intermission in the form of a shorter, different topiced podcast. Fuck it, just spend 30 minutes mixing random lines from the Francis York actor with a backbeat and you're good to go.

Aokage

I Push Fat Kids said:
This podcast deserves a dedicated intermission in the form of a shorter, different topiced podcast. Fuck it, just spend 30 minutes mixing random lines from the Francis York actor with a backbeat and you're good to go.

I like the way you think. This might serve one of the new sections we're introducing well...

Also, Japanese work visa get! I'll talk a little bit about it on the episode we're recording this weekend.

Top Bottom