• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WARNING: Don't update your NVIDIA drivers, breaks memory speed, more

Sky87

Update broke the game looks like.

It's todays Nvidia drivers.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/976786/geforce-drivers/nvidia-drivers-375-86-low-memory-clock/
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/976636/geforce-drivers/official-375-86-game-ready-whql-display-driver-feedback-thread-released-11-15-16-/

''Issues and Updates:
Battlefield 1 displays flicker after 11/15 patch w/ SLI enabled
Battlefield 1 menu text becomes jittery after 11/15 patch w/ SLI
Some GTX 1080/1070/1060 GPUs video memory stuck at 810Mhz
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare SLI flicker w/ render resolution above 100
Incorrect F@H work units after update to R375 drivers''

I can't make a thread on this, but if someone else wants to, please do so. This should be a warning to anyone thinking of updating their drivers.

Regiruler

Ah, the time of the month where nvidia screws up a patch.

EDIT: Restricting the size like that is a pretty funny bug though

Syntax

Hell yeah. Validation! on my fuck-you-nvidia-for-having-me-need-an-account-to-update-drivers stance. Haven't done so since the BF1 mandatory upgrade.

Syf

Banned
375.63 is working perfectly for me so I doubt I'll update for months. Their releases lately seem to be crazy unreliable.

Nvidia please!

This is like 3 times in the last 4 driver releases where something was fucked up.

They're getting too comfortable on the throne. Save us from Nvidia complacency, AMD.

This is like the 3rd or 4th fucked nvidia update this year isn't it?
Pretty sure it's been about every other update or so this year. Dunno what's going on over there. They've got beta drivers for a reason, and even then, I wouldn't expect something like this to get pushed over to those.

leng jai

Should be a rule to never download drivers on the first day they're released. Always better to sit back and let other people discover shit like this.

mnannola

So has AMD switched with Nvidia as far as stable drivers go? It used to be the other way around, but lately I haven't heard any issues regarding AMD video card drivers. Nvidia stuff pops up all the time.

MrBS

Time to start a 'preview program' or something similar NVIDIA. Let the enthusiasts have their fun before you unleash this on the general public.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Looks like I'm still on 373.06

I tend to play a lot of older games, so when everything is working I forget to update.

Too late. Is there an easy way to rollback on this new geforce crap or am I going to have to go the manual route? Damnit all I wanted was it to fix this new problem I'm having with videos loading all blocky and black at first.

This seems pretty frequent. Why are people constantly upgrading their drivers so fast? I tend to wait awhile before upgrading to make sure they're stable or if there's a need from a game.

DieH@rd

Banned
So has AMD switched with Nvidia as far as stable drivers go? It used to be the other way around, but lately I haven't heard any issues regarding AMD video card drivers. Nvidia stuff pops up all the time.

AMD was almost spotles even before these regular nvidia clusterfucks.

The age of borked AMD drivers ended many years ago.

Wiseblood

What is it with Nvidia drivers lately? They had one recent driver release that somehow broke the Windows 10 mail client and made it so you couldn't change your start menu.

CHC

Nvidia really have to slow their fucking roll on the drivers here. I don't need new drivers every 3 weeks, especially if they're all fucked up like this. Seriously, it seems like a relatively new thing to release specific drivers for like every major game release, and while I appreciate the idea, they're obviously not able to assure quality the way they used to.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
For fucks sake, I downloaded it before work because GeForce Experience wouldn't stop nagging me!

For all the bluster about NVIDIA having superior driver support, I would go back to AMD in a heartbeat if it meant I wasn't rolling the dice every new release. This better be fixed quick...I am so tired of rolling back drivers evertime a new one releases.

Kayant

How does this keep on happening to this degree when it goes to both MS & Nvidia as they are WHQL drivers no?

They should just test things for longer at this point.

This seems pretty frequent. Why are people constantly upgrading their drivers so fast? I tend to wait awhile before upgrading to make sure their stable or if there's a need from a game.

I do the same thing. For awhile my Nvidia GeForce Experience on laptop was broken, so getting the drivers through it was impossible for a couple of months.

For fucks sake, I downloaded it before work because GeForce Experience wouldn't stop nagging me!

Interesting..I have never had this problem with my GeForce Experience. Usually just click onto the desktop and never see it again for a long time.

Top Bottom