• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Was it an Elektra-ifying weekend at the box office?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope! :lol

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/va/20050116/110591160000.html

1 (*) Coach Carter .............. $23.6 million

2 (1) Meet the Fockers .......... $19.0 million

3 (*) Racing Stripes ............ $14.0 million

4(33) In Good Company ........... $13.9 million

5 (*) Elektra ................... $12.5 million

6 (2) White Noise ............... $12.2 million

7 (3) The Aviator ............... $ 4.8 million

8 (4) Lemony Snicket ............ $ 4.0 million

9 (9) The Phantom of the Opera .. $ 3.6 million

10 (6) Ocean's Twelve ............ $ 2.9 million
Beat even by Racing Stripes? RACING STRIPES?!? :lol :lol :lol

B'z-chan

Banned
Kabuki Waq said:
well Coach Carter Came in #1. :(

Stupid MTV crowd.

ah have you even seen the movie? its very good almost like Hoosiers but for the teens out there today. Its really good and if you think its some stupid MTV movie your wrong. MTV produced it, other than that they have no involvement with the movie.

B'z-chan said:
ah have you even seen the movie? its very good almost like Hoosiers but for the teens out there today. Its really good and if you think its some stupid MTV movie your wrong. MTV produced it, other than that they have no involvement with the movie.

Oh cmon we have seen this movie done over and over again.

aoi tsuki

i got a free pass to see it, and while it would make a good makeout movie, i actually want to see it just to see how bad it is.

Memles

Meier said:
Happy to see In Good Company do so well. :D Still gotta see it.. but dying to :(

See it. Not revolutionary, but a great little flick. Acting is superb, and it just comes together as a tightly wound film. Great to see it do so well, too. It did superbly despite it's relatively narrow release. Great stuff.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Memles said:
See it. Not revolutionary, but a great little flick. Acting is superb, and it just comes together as a tightly wound film. Great to see it do so well, too. It did superbly despite it's relatively narrow release. Great stuff.
Yeah, that's what I've been hoping for. It's obviously not anything that's going to rock the world, but it looks like a solid and fun film that does what it does well. I'll probably get out to see it tomorrow. $13.9m would be above most expectations, so that's awesome. I'd love to see it do well if only to help guarantee Topher Grace more work after he leaves That 70s Show after this season.

Good to see Elektra tank as well. It looked insanely mediocre and cheap, like the kind of lame sci-fi/fantasy movie that might debut late at night on TBS or Sci-Fi. And that's coming from someone who has rather enjoyed Rob Bowman's other directing efforts.

belgurdo

Banned
Kabuki Waq said:
Oh cmon we have seen this movie done over and over again.

You stole my post ;_;

People, save yourself $10 and get Remember the Titans, The Program, Any Given Sunday, or whatever from your local Mom and Pop. CC and they are all the same fucking movie, more or less

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Dan said:
Yeah, that's what I've been hoping for. It's obviously not anything that's going to rock the world, but it looks like a solid and fun film that does what it does well. I'll probably get out to see it tomorrow. $13.9m would be above most expectations, so that's awesome. I'd love to see it do well if only to help guarantee Topher Grace more work after he leaves That 70s Show after this season.

Good to see Elektra tank as well. It looked insanely mediocre and cheap, like the kind of lame sci-fi/fantasy movie that might debut late at night on TBS or Sci-Fi. And that's coming from someone who has rather enjoyed Rob Bowman's other directing efforts.
it's a fantastic film that is very smartly written and directed. on a side note i'm not sure how the Shins have become movie soundtrack studs over the last year or so.

Memles

scorcho said:
it's a fantastic film that is very smartly written and directed. on a side note i'm not sure how the Shins have become movie soundtrack studs over the last year or so.

I KNOW. TWO songs on this one alone, and I just watched Garden State for the first time over the holidays, so it's like great movies love The Shins or something. It's bizarre. But, as a fan of both the band and the films their music is in? Good times.

MIMIC

Banned
Jesus...you people and your unbridled MTV hate. Isn't there another hobby equally as fun, myopic, and unnecessary?

fallout

I didn't even know this movie existed until I saw Garner in the outfit in the Toronto Star (don't lynch me, I get it free at school) on friday. Then I read the review linked to the image and promptly tried to forget that it existed.

MASB

I was saying to someone yesterday that if Racing Stripes earned $2, it would be $2 more than it deserved. Saw the trailer for it when watching Finding Neverland yesterday. Terrible stuff (RS, not FN). And Elektra only has a 2 or 7% rating at RottenTomatos? Is that a record?

I want to see In Good Company. It has my man Dennis Quaid in it, plus Scarlett! :)

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
Not even Jennifer Garner's broad shoulders and mannish jaw line can save Elektra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom