• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Was this newly added Transsexual mission in Yakuza 3 remastered on PS4 in the original PS3 game??

Yes, and the storyline is based off a real life transgender woman named Ayana Tsubaki, who is semi-famous/Internet famous in the gaming sphere mostly. She published a book about her experiences growing up trans in Japan that did quite well. I’ve met her IRL once and she was super cool/humble.

Fuckable or true trap?

rickyEGM

Banned

If this poor guy only knew the direction the world was headed 11 years ago...

QmwdhUo.png

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Sorry Ailynn I reacted with a laugh but because I thought it wasn't serious? If it is fuck that and the user then.

Please don't feel bad! It's my fault, really; over the years, I became accustomed to ocassionally hearing people online casually say really violent things toward trans people (actual violent things, and not just misgendering...which some people exaggerate saying is "violence") - so I took it in that way instead of the joke I'm sure was intended about the game being a beat-'em-up.

I've had people online throw personal attacks toward me such as I should go kill myself before someone else puts me out of my misery, or that I should be raped to death and set on fire. Oh, and speaking of fire...I've even had a couple of self-professing Christians tell me that my devotion and faith in Jesus Christ is a lie from the demons that are possessing me in order to trick people into burning forever in hell with the abomination I am. :lollipop_pensive:

Some people online can be surprisingly mean and extremely dark toward trans people (or anyone else, for that matter), so I've been conditioned through trauma over the years to keep my defenses up for possible threats.

I honestly didn't even notice who the people were that laughed at that post, so please don't think it hurts my view of any of you! I guess I'm still a little more sensitive than I thought...but hey, I'm getting there. I'm certainly stronger than I was even just a couple of years ago, and I'm very thankful to God and for many of you for helping me get there. :)

Last edited:
my devotion and faith in Jesus Christ is a lie from the demons that are possessing me in order to trick people into burning forever in hell with the abomination I am. :lollipop_pensive:

Well I don't think "the demons" are the reason for the doctrine you're devoted to. That seems a bit TV show esque like a cartoon.

so I took it in that way instead of the joke I'm sure was intended about the game being a beat-'em-up.

Some people online can be surprisingly mean and extremely dark toward trans people (or anyone else, for that matter), so I've been conditioned through trauma over the years to keep my defenses up for possible threats.

You've been on Gaf for awhile, maybe something else in life is bothering you making you put your guard up? There's no one threatening you with violence here, so I don't think you have much to worry about. (unless they are messaging you, but then there's the report button to deal with that.)

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Well I don't think "the demons" are the reason for the doctrine you're devoted to. That seems a bit TV show esque like a cartoon.

Sorry for the long delay in responding! I got really sick in the middle of a really hectic week...but I'm feeling a bit better now. :)

Thankfully those who once told me that it was a demon attached to me that caused my gender dysphoria are few in number. The only one that truly mattered was when my father had worried about that being the case.

My father is an exceptionally strong and kind man and one of the best examples of living in Christian faith I've ever known. As I was never raised by my parents as anything other than a boy, and never sexually abused or gone through anything else that could have caused psychological damage resulting in me questioning my sense of gender...he could not understand what would have caused me to become transgender. I even once worried about that myself...as I do believe 'bad spirits' or 'demons' that can attach themselves to people and lead them to self-abusive behavior. Even though I had become a born-again Christian at age 12, the gender dysphoria I was dealing with continued to grow stronger and stronger into my early teenage years regardless. I just could not understand why I was suffering those feelings, and why I couldn't just be normal.

It wasn't until just two years ago that my mother and I learned through research online about how a great majority of the health issues my family has suffered through were caused by the now-banned drug Diethylstilbestrol, which was originally intended to aid against miscarriage. It turns out that this drug caused my Mom's chronic health issues, several of my sisters' health issues...and my own genital abnormalities, gender dysphoria, and my infertility and lack of interest in sex. It took much longer than I had anticipated...but God answered my lifelong prayers for peace and understanding for what had caused me to be the way I was.

I cannot express just how much peace this knowledge brought to me and my family. Even though my own issues finally had an explanation, I still worry that there are people out there that have come to have issues with gender identity due to some form of abuse...causing them great spiritual pain, or 'demons.' Sexual abuse has been known to cause similar issues, and there are sadly more and more ways children these days are being exposed to things that will hurt them psychologically. All of that is integrated into a world that has increasingly been exposed to thousands of endocrine-disrupting chemicals to the point that the global fertility rate is 40% what it was only a few decades ago.

My heart breaks for our children and for the world they are inheriting. :lollipop_crying:

You've been on Gaf for awhile, maybe something else in life is bothering you making you put your guard up? There's no one threatening you with violence here, so I don't think you have much to worry about. (unless they are messaging you, but then there's the report button to deal with that.)

That has absolutely been the case. I don't want to get into it publically, but I've been dealing with a very stressful living situation for the past two years...one that has caused me and my best friend increased anxiety to the point of hardly ever being able to leave the house, and a worry that violence can come in an instant even when things are seemingly calm. I believe she and I are now recently freed of that possibility, but it is going to take us some time to recover.

This is just another reason that the kindness I have been shown here at NeoGAF has meant a great deal to me these past two years. :messenger_heart:

Last edited:
Top Bottom