• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs and AC share the same universe? [AC4 director drops tease]

If they end up doing a crossover title with Pierce, AC guy and whoever the fuck else they pull into this (Jason Brody? IDK), then that would do well for itself.

And Ubisoft games all play the same, so it'll work out just fine! :p

Jex

And if we include costumes, you can connect Assassins Creed to FF XIII-2, which connects it to Mass Effect, which connects it to Kingdoms of Amalur.

Did you watch the interview where the guy is actually being asked the question? I think it reveals quite a bit more than just reading the words written down. I've time stamped the question for your convenience: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GVCf623eNNc#t=237s

Let's just say he's no poker player.

Joeki11a

Banned
The name of the main character of Watchdogs sounds like he is related
to that guy Desmond saw in AC3 remember his name?

Sojgat

NO_GOD_PLEASE_NO.gif

This.

I'm actually less interested in Watch Dogs now.

Makes sense, really... Watchdogs feels like the modern day Asassins Creed game they were afraid to make in fear of alienating their core fanbase, all those guys who want historical games set into exotic time periods.

But if they can make Watch Dogs a success AND tie it to the Creed universe, even if just by having cameos by the asassins and templars, it would really help sell a modern day Asassins Creed game or a proper crossover in genres.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
For the love of...

*Makes new IP*
*RELATES IT TO ITS MOST POPULAR FRANCHISE BECAUSE WHY THE HECK NOT*

Come on, Ubisoft, not every M-rated game that is not Tom Clany you do has to be Assassin's Creed related, for God's sake.

You know what would be a better shocker? If this were in the same universe as Person of Interest. Now that's hype inducing.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Sucking the power out of the Animus due a hacker being in the area doesn't seem like such a smart idea...

iMax

Calling it: Watch Dogs is a present day successor/prequel to Assassin's Creed. I bet you will eventually see Desmond somewhere shooting his shit. The game will end with the start of the original Assassin's Creed.

I'd love it if the game ends Hulk style with Aiden walking into a bar, getting some shots... SERVED BY DESMOND.

Shaikh

Banned
Damn! Another AC game, another AC delay.

To remind you all, the delay joke of AC III by GameSpy interview from last year:
GameSpy: So when's the PC release date?

Ubisoft PR: October 30th.

GameSpy: Yeah, but when's the real PC release date?

Ubisoft PR: It's October 30th.

GameSpy: Uh huh. And can you say that with a straight face?

Ubisoft PR: You can ask me as many times as you like, but the answer will be the same.

GameSpy: Very well, let's move on. So, when will you announce the delay of the PC version?

Ubisoft PR: ...
Source: GameSpy

HardRojo

I can see them tying both franchises in if Watch_Dogs manages to be successful, Ubi wants AC to be on everything, heck maybe Rayman Legends will somehow turn into another AC.

Smokey

Assassin's Creed IV takes place at the same time frame as the older titles

Watch Dogs is set in a world in which the Templars have taken over

The Division is the aftermath of this world

This sounds....like it could be true

GolazoDan

Probably just be a little hint like you tail someone into a bar and one of the employees mentions a guy named Desmond missing his shift.

SJRB

Gold Member
There's probably an NPC walking around the city who can by identified as Desmond Miles with the Profiler.

There's no sensible reason to interconnect the two franchises other than an easter egg like this or as others mentioned an Abstergo building or something.

kick51

Banned
ok, neat, but what do you actually do in Watch Dogs? I didn't see any compelling gameplay, other than a guy walking around with "detective mode" being handled by his cellphone. They showed the "power down the city" trick like 3 times. The rest of it had some brawling and basic TPS.

If the surface premise and presentation of the game at the expense of gameplay is the whole hook, that'll certainly link the two series.

crozier

Amd you thought the Raiden switcheroo was bad?

Watch us land as Desmond Miles scaling buildings after our thirty glorious minutes as a hacker are up.

Top Bottom