• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs - E3 Walkthrough Demo

Jaggies everywhere, hopefully they'll improve the AA for release.

And some washed textures, it has been clearly downgraded from the original E3 2012 demo. I was waiting for the PS4 version but i´ll skip straight to PC, it´s ubisoft after all.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Not much love here. Why? :(

The Division is the new hotness, that's why.

I'll end up buying this game, especially now that everything I really wanted on PS4 got pushed to 2014. Still wary of Ubisoft's brand of open world gaming though.

Thrakier

Looks like shit. I really hope there is much much more to NextGen that is. But oh well, it's CrossGen and Ubi, so it's probably just using 15% of the hardware.

Same. My pc could max it, but console gaming seems much easier to sit down to after a long day of work. Boot right in and go. Don't have to worry about being invaded by people with modded games or anything like that. More living room friendly. Also don't have to worry about port issues.

But still...playing at 2560x1440 is hard to say no to.

Most of the time I buy on console first and then, if it's really good, get the PC version when it's dirt cheap. If it isn't good then at least I can resell it.

Pandemic

I'm not sure whether to pre-order this for the PS4 or PC... I'm eager to play it on the PC, but then again the extra one hour content for the PS4 version has me keen to purchase it for that.. And I'll need a game to play on the PS4.. So I'm leaning towards a PS4 version at launch, then eventually purchase a PC version.

Buying for pc like any sane person would

I need a game to play on my PS4 at launch that isn't Killzone or Drive Club. Also, in response to your baseless accusation about my sanity or lack thereof, I'll be sure to find you online on Watch Dogs and will make it my lifes mission to put a virus on your phone :). I hope you're good at observing NPCs.

chugen

Chû Totoro;64200751 said:
Yeah mainly this... Ubi lol. The Division looks like shit too -_-

MMbTJYg.gif

I see some downgrade from the first walkthrough at the WachDogs reveal. Lighting is so current-gen.

Sometimes pedestrians doesn't cast shadows on the ground, see the first street, or the gif scene where the police cars crashes. Also car lights doesn't cast dynamic shadows on objects in the street.

I see some downgrade from the first walkthrough at the WachDogs reveal. Lighting is so current-gen.

Sometimes pedestrians doesn't cast shadows on the ground, see the first street, or the gif scene where the police cars crashes. Also car lights doesn't cast dynamic shadows on objects in the street.

Day lighting in the first reveal footage looked nothing particularly impressive. Night lighting was impressive and it looks just as good here. Only major difference I can see is that there is much less effective AA solution. The other stuff, not so much...

educator

I don't think Sony has yet announced any of their digital plans beyond the Gaikai service

Ah, okay. On the other hand, why wouldn't they be? PS3 has day one digitals today, so I just presume the PS4 will. Would be nice to boot it up for the first time and instantly have access to the PS4 library.

SJRB

Gold Member
Here's a video what the blackout looked like during the Sony conference. The light show is pretty damn cool.

[I also like the reactions when the guy gets executed, haha. Videogames]

Almost makes you play as a badass neo in The Matrix.

I can not wait for this game. Getting it for the current-gen consoles, though. No way in the world I am buying a PS4 that soon. Probably going to be Winter 2014.

I don't think Sony has yet announced any of their digital plans beyond the Gaikai service

Day one digital's confirmed:
I believe it's very important for the platform to have a wide variety of developers making things that are unique and creative. We're shifting our platform more and more to the digital side – PS4 will be similar to PS Vita in that every game will be available as a digital download, and some will also be available as a disc. The Witness will be a digital release and because of the flexibility of the digital distribution scheme, we can have more small games that might be free or available for a couple of dollars, or different services like free-to-play or subscription models.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2013/feb/22/ps4-shuhei-yoshida-interview

sol_bad

Does anyone know where I can find a super high quality video of the original reveal? The files aren't available on Gamersyde.
Correct me if I'm wrong though. The new gameplay from this years E3 has a higher framerate than the original revel gameplay from last years E3?

Icomp

Holy shit at the way this game plays. I'm really really looking forward to it.

I'm so buying this for PS4 or PC, whichever comes first.

Pandemic

I was just watching this preview from E3, and was wondering, does anyone know where this gameplay video is from? Is it new? I haven't seen it before.. It shows the open world, looks pretty nice though.

Link

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Does anyone know where I can find a super high quality video of the original reveal? The files aren't available on Gamersyde.
Give me 5 minutes, I'll fix that.
You'll have to log in though, our archives are only accessible if your are logged in.

I want to be excited for this game, but after playing Assassin's Creed 3 all I can think about is how many ways those missions they showed could go wrong. Whoops, told the guy to move at the wrong moment, game over. Guard turned around unpredictably because of janky AI routines, game over. Worst of all, that's the kind of mission where every failure means sitting through the whole routine all over again. That mission early on in AC3 where you sneak around George Washington's camp and have to do the whole thing over and over and over from the beginning every time you fail (which is like ten times because the stealth mechanics in that game are so terrible) still gives me nightmares. Walk five paces, hide in grass, listen to minute-long conversation, walk five more paces, Connor decides not to hide, no manual crouch button so I can't do shit, enemy spots me and comes over, instant failure even though I murdered him before he could call for help, repeat.

I know I know, it's not the same developer. Maybe Watch Dogs will be really cleverly designed and totally responsive and not at all horrible. It just looks so much like Assassin's Creed: Modern Day that I can't shake the feeling :p

Top Bottom