• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Halo Infinite's developers record 'VROOM VROOM' sounds for their upcoming SEXclusive title! (Vin Diesel, GET ITT!!!)

>me when my girl tells me she wants a Halo Infinite Xbox Series Bundle for Christmas
FavorableThirstyAfricanharrierhawk-size_restricted.gif

Sota4077

Wait.... There's an El Camino in Halo Infinite?

I'm in.

Highly unlikely. You wouldn't think it but a lot of the sounds you hear in games are simulated from other things. I cannot remember where I saw it but like the sound of someones body part being chopped off was simulated by dropping a wet rag onto a flat surface. They likely are using the sound from an El Camino for some vehicle, but the El Camino is very likely not in the game, haha.

Man I love this kind of stuff. Here's to hoping they can retain as much of this quality as possible in the game. Especially the reverb. Reverb is definitely something I think has been lacking in nearly all games I've played. Hopefully all this new 3d audio tech can alleviate this for as many people as possible.

It's really cool when they blow something up in the distance and a few seconds later the debris is raining on your head.

N30RYU

Is this a launch VROOOOM

I really think that MS needed to drop the campaign sooner and push Halo infinite f2p Multiplayer as a launch game... and release the campaign later.

Last edited:

LMJ

Hope MS release a whole series on this for their games, love behind the scenes stuff like this...

Did you know StarWars blasters use the sound from a high tension cable mixed with others :)

Oppoi

I'd pay to watch a documentary on how they managed to spend all this money, all this expertize and all this time to produce all this material and shove it all down the grinder that gave us Craig.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I'd pay to watch a documentary on how they managed to spend all this money, all this expertize and all this time to produce all this material and shove it all down the grinder that gave us Craig.
But how boring would be here without him

Oppoi

Wouldn't surprise me if one day at 343 their ordinary lunch was suddenly interrupted by a short haired stocky girl pounding a drum and before you know it drums pound all around!

Tschumi

I don't mean to be blasé but i reckon this has probably been done in more or less identical circumstances for a gajillion other shooters, and the like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom