• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

watch out psp/nds: Gizmondo first day sales

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://www.gizmondo.com/news/item.asp?id=642

The Gizmondo flagship store got off to a flying start on 19 March 2005. Not only was it the site of one of the most start-studded press conferences in London's west end, featuring the likes of Lennox Lewis, Busta Rhymes, Pharrell Williams, Clipse, Dannii Minogue and Verne Troyer, aka Mini Me, the shop shifted at least 800 Gizmondo units on a hectic day.

To celebrate this success, Gizmondo threw a party at Piccadilly's Park Lane Hotel. Kiss FM and MTV covered the event, hosted by movie star Tom Green and Dannii Minogue. The night drew a host of celebrities, including footballers, pop stars, actors and models who, with the rest of the invited guests, witnessed performances by Sting, Jamiroquai, Pharrell Williams with Clipse, and, of course, Busta Rhymes, who headlined the night. All in all, it was an auspicious launch.

Wow, killer party. How is Sony and Microsoft gonna top this ?!

acidviper

Banned
Wow save the million dollar party and invest in

1. a better name than gizmondo
2. decent third party support
3. buttons that don't look like the Fifth Element stones
4. commercials without bees
5. more than 2 launch games
6. take a dent out of the $440 price tag

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Wario64 said:
the shop shifted at least 800 Gizmondo units on a hectic day.

DSC01580_JPG.jpg

Gek54

WtF! I just watched the Richard Burns Rally video and I cant believe this F'n company bought the developer who made the most realistic rally game yet just so they can make this POS version for their overpriced handheld. Ultra wide roads, super simplistic physics, the most boring looking rally game I have seen in a long time. Tiger needs to die and sell Warthog to someone much more diserving. Sooner the better.

Pimpbaa

How could they be so braindead to release this close to the psp? Hell, braindead to even make and release this product period (knowing that nintendo and sony have portable systems out).

lexi

Banned
With such an amazing cavalcade of A-grade stars I'm shocked that people weren't rejoicing in the streets with their new Gizmodos.

Top Bottom