• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs 2 PC Specs and Delay (new release date Nov 29th)

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I actually just unwrapped my Wii U copy of Watch_Dogs tonight despite having purchased it over a year ago. I might make a LTTP thread if I'm not feeling too lazy.

Kuldar

Will it support the xbox 360 controller?
It's in the OP.
Gamepad support

• On-the-fly switching between mouse and keyboard to gamepad, without any additional options, UI will just switch to gamepad mode
  • Supported gamepads: Xbox 360 and Xbox One controllers, third-party XInput gamepads (everything Xbox-based), PlayStation 4 Controller. We do not officially support Direct Input gamepads, Steam controllers or game wheels.

SZips

I first saw this news tonight and kind of thought, "oh, of course the PC gets screwed again by nonsense delays!" But then I remembered just how much trouble I've had with new PC releases just in the past month:

16 crashes with Forza Horizon 3 in the first 5 hours after launch, Mafia III (just like in general, ugh), and a couple of crashes with Battlefield 1 last night. The moment I remembered any of that I thought that a delay is a great idea.

Take as much time as you need, Ubisoft. I'm tired of playing broken games on launch day.

The section about m/kb controls is encouraging. WD1 had a terrible mouse feel due to them keeping the aim assist from the gamepad controls on while using a mouse (sticky aim). It felt like total ass to aim at enemies because of that.

Mifec

Hmm, what negative experiences have you had with Denuvo? I have yet to have one occur with me personally but I do hear a lot of people state they don't want it in their games.

I just don't support this type of DRM on principle. I don't need DRM that calls home every so often, that makes modding harder, that might have issues later on with server authentication. Games like that I either wait for a sale(1/3 of the price is the highest I go) or play if they were gifted to me.

Surprisingly low CPU requirements on the recommended side, if that's not targeted at 30FPS then maybe Ubisoft has finally moved away from their games being so CPU bound.

Well, if they can deliver on what sounds pretty good then the game could be very good. Of course that may not be the case. Will wait for review on its technical ability first.

Tovarisc

What gameplay I have seen makes game look very mediocre from graphics to AI presence so recommended spec seems to be in line with that.

Top Bottom