• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs 2 PC Specs and Delay (new release date Nov 29th)

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I fucking LOVE IT, when the Ultra textures are provided in an optional download.

Good stuff Ubi.

lmbotiva

Delaying the pc game has nothing to do with optimization, it's a PR move, most if not all ubisoft games run like crap when released, you don't want that bad press the first 2 weeks if your being in the market, that's when the games actually sell the most

PS4 version it is then. I'm not waiting two weeks to play this and that's FFXV day so no thanks. Plus I am sure online will be much better on PS4.

Vuze

Delaying the pc game has nothing to do with optimization, it's a PR move, most if not all ubisoft games run like crap when released, you don't want that bad press the first 2 weeks if your being in the market, that's when the games actually sell the most
^

Kinda interested in this one after having played the original a few months ago but definitely not a day one for me. Probably sometime end of next year.

KainXVIII

We do not officially support Direct Input gamepads, Steam controllers or game wheels.

rottenapple.jpg

Spaghetti

Stuttering/lag framerate optimization – We employed a fix that makes all controls much more responsive and less framerate-related. We’ve optimized resource creation, GPU VRAM upload and required VRAM for the game.
Music to my ears.

Not sure if I'm going to break my Ubisoft game ban for WD2, but good PC ports are always welcomed.

Phinor

So its feature now to have these? Ok...

Well if the game doesn't stutter, I don't mind it if the devs use it as a feature point. If they do use it as a feature though, it better not stutter assuming your PC is up for it.

prudislav

Yay UbiDelayTM is back :)
kinda pathetic now when all their engines are in their minimally 2nd/3rd iterations and Ubisoft currently licking the glorious a** of Denuvo overlords

Carlius

Banned
Ubisoft may milk their shit all you want, but they have turned around with their pc ideology and i buy all of ther games on PC, also cause i love the options they put on their pc games broken or not lol.

dex3108

Yay UbiDelayTM is back :)
kinda pathetic now when all their engines are in their minimally 2nd/3rd iterations and Ubisoft currently licking the glorious a** of Denuvo overlords

What do you have to say about Rockstar then? They are great with PC releases 2 years after release :D

JMTHEFOX

The minimum PC specs are quite interesting. Too bad there's no native Steam Controller support or DirectInput controller support. Oh well, at least native Dualshock 4 support is in.

I'm glad that Ubisoft is trying to improve their game though.

Coolade

Almost every ubi game supports 21:9 but I wish companies would start listing if it's supported or not pre release to give some of us peace of mind.

sertopico

It will be unoptimized as always, especially with the übertextures which will come along with the patch. So many times I read about miracles and in the end they were just faking it. Like almost any other PC release it will be playable after 3 patches or something.

dreamfall

This sounds freakin' awesome! Really excited about ultra textures and framerate optimization. I'll gladly wait a two weeks and pick it up on PC.

It will be unoptimized as always, especially with the übertextures which will come along with the patch. So many times I read about miracles and in the end they were just faking it. Like almost any other PC release it will be playable after 3 patches or something.

This is definitely true, but I'll gladly take the PC version over console (30fps?). I also had to cap the framerate when the first Watchdogs game came out and it's nice to run it smoothly at a higher framerate now with a better videocard!

sertopico

This is definitely true, but I'll gladly take the PC version over console (30fps?). I also had to cap the framerate when the first Watchdogs game came out and it's nice to run it smoothly at a higher framerate now with a better videocard!
Of course, I will do the same. Also because I have no consoles hehe.

Apart from the technical aspects I am really interested in WD 2, I liked the first a lot, gameplaywise.

Granjinha

lol

that hyperbole

Coolade

Unfortunately Denuvo pushes this to sale price for me. I forgot Ubi puts it in every game now.

Hmm, what negative experiences have you had with Denuvo? I have yet to have one occur with me personally but I do hear a lot of people state they don't want it in their games.

bede-x

From the FAQ:

Watch Dogs 2, like all Ubisoft PC games, will use an anti-tamper solution by Denuvo. Watch Dogs 2 requires a one-time online activation upon installation -- an industry standard practice -- and then can be played offline.

I'm fine with this. Sure, no DRM would be better, but I understand they feel the need to protect their investment and as long as there's an offline mode after activation, I'm fine.

Sounds like it'll have lots of great options and appreciate how they keep supporting both Xbox and PS4 controllers.

Who wants to bet that it will be a stuttering mess when not locked to 30 fps???

The ultra textures will also probably be a worthless joke

It's really a shame about the delay. But if the port wasn't in good enough shape for release then it's for the best. This might actually push me toward the console version tbh.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The recommended seems a bit low. Surprised

Well, they're virtually meaningless without any sort of context. People tend to assume that "recommended" means "playable framerate at max settings", but this is virtually never the case as there's no standards by which publishers have to adhere when releasing system specifications. Really, all you can infer from recommended specifications when they're left dangling on their own is that such a system is going to offer a better experience than one closer to the minimum; the degree to which that is the case is almost always the million-dollar question.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Nooooooo why , why must they delay it to FFXV's release date :(, I ain't gonna have time for it now.

The console versions haven't been delayed. Buy the PS4 version on the 15th and then, if you're so inclined, the PC version for posterity once it's sufficiently discounted.

Zojirushi

Huh, they certainly seem to want to give the impression that they care about the PC version this time. That's not self explanatory for Ubi I guess so good on them.

Let's see how it goes.

mugwhump

Hopefully this is indicative of an improvement over WD1's PC version.

And I guess it's not really competing with FFXV at all since that has no PC version.

Top Bottom