• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watched Grave of the Fireflies, tried to distract me with Brothers:A Tale of Two Sons

kabel

You should've watched Requiem for a Dream afterwards.

Haha no thanks. I already saw that movie years ago.

Also I already played Portal 2 and liked it very much.
Has Portal 1 a comparable storytelling? I have it but it just sits there in my backlog.

collige

Banned
The funniest, happiest game I can think of off the top of my head is Jazzpunk. The entire game is pure comedy.

Undertale is amazing, but I wouldn't really call it a feel good game. It covers the entire emotional spectrum and can get pretty hard to boot.

Despera

Banned
There's this one scene in GoTF that's a bit too much and almost had me in tears. It's probably the only film I can't bring myself to rewatch.

I would've recommended some Katamari Damacy (if you have access to it or any of the sequels), but Undertale is a great choice as well.

Orchids To Dusk. It's like 5 minutes long, and free.

CZZexoiWkAA3dBl.jpg

Beyond Eyes, a couple of hours long. You're a blind girl trying to bring your cat back home.

CZZexfsXEAASV5u.jpg

:p

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Yoshi's Woolly World. It's heart warmingly cute and everything in this game is happy.

Gt0.1280x720.jpeg

Sesha

Rayman Origins and Rayman Legends. Pure jollyness.

Speaking of jolly, A Boy and His Blob is now on Steam as well. There is a "hug Blob" button command.

FireCloud

Damn OP! What a one-two punch to the heart.
Hopefully you didn't do them back to back.

I agree that you are in definite need of a change of pace. May I recommend Tearaway?

I played it on the Vita and haven't yet had a chance to play the PS4 remake but I'd put it on the other end of the emotional spectrum from where you must be.

Another game that made me smile every time I play it was Loco Roco on the PSP. But that may be harder to play depending on what systems you own.

eshwaaz

Ghost Trick is a fantastic recommendation. One of the most charming, unique and creative games I've ever played, and also one of the most criminally overlooked.

Dee Dee

Ghost Trick is a fantastic recommendation. One of the most charming, unique and creative games I've ever played, and also one of the most criminally overlooked.

You can play this on iOS! Yay!

At first I thought people were trolling - I found the ending very sad (in no way Grave of the Fireflies sad, but still...), but it ends with a long credits sequence with all the "where are they now?" scenes that make everything be alright in the end. :')

I am pretty sure the people that say Journey are full on trolling you though.

The Day Of The Tentacle remake can't come quickly enough for you, OP!
So Jazzpunk it is!

Top Bottom