• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WayForwards announced LIT for WiiWare

pulga

Banned
Awesome, but this better not be the dark game Matt has been yapping on about for what seems like ages.

WowWare indeed. :lol

batbeg

GrotesqueBeauty said:
I listened to the podcast where they talked about the game. It sounds like the exact same concept except they changed the setting from a sky scraper to a school and gave the protagonist a different motivation. Well, that and the whole giant monster teddy bear thing. Still, the light/dark mechanic sounds strikingly similar, and with the Bozon connection it's hard to believe that those similarities are purely coincidental.

Well we have no idea how either play, really. I can't remember it too well, but what Matt/Mark were discussing sounded more like a conventional horror game, didn't it? Whereas this is a puzzle-horror hybrid and I assume (hope) they don't mean in the Resident Evil sense of puzzles. This could be a conventional horror game, or a room-by-room solve the light-and-dark puzzles to continue game, who knows until we see screenshots?

pulga said:
Awesome, but this better not be the dark game Matt has been yapping on about for what seems like ages.

WowWare indeed. :lol

Very, very doubtful as Matt's mentioned this game in a podcast I believe, and the dark game he's been yapping about has been in... the podcast.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm loving the art style, especially the last pic. Wayforward has proven before that they are not to be trifled with. I am interested.

I'm overjoyed that WayForward is now able to do projects like this, instead of being forced to code pieces of crap to keep their bills paid.

They're a great team, and I hope these smaller projects, plus their Contra 4 success among the critics brings them the recognition they deserve. Then we can see MORE great ideas coming from them.

Jiggy

I don't have much to say about this particular title, but count me as yet another person in the WiiWare > Wii Retail category. Conceptually, graphically, artistically--anything.

(Though I'm also one of those who's been saying that since the service was announced and Star Soldier R, Bomberman, and Dr. Mario were the only things I cared about. And Pokemon Farm, but that's an application and not a game.)

lyre

Alex said:
Really great, never enough action or adventure puzzle games.

Nintendo should make a new Lolo for WiiWare. :(
This.

Make it so Nintendo. Or at least give us another Mario vs Donkey Kong game.

Haunted One said:
TTOB on suicide watch. Looks interesting, though.

Not really.

I should be on "Giving strange black men I meet in Home Depot parking lots rides to their home so they can get to their wife who's in a coma at the hospital - potentially getting my face shot off for bad judgment-watch." >:O

But anyhow, enough about my exciting evening.

Not interested. 3D horror puzzler? I'm expecting some shitty animu Persona wanna-be.

If it's good, I'll eat an anchovy pizza. :\

lolz @ good art. <GAF> WESTERN ART IS HARBL, UNLESS IT'S ANIMU BITE! :lol

Speaking of which their new Shantae design. . . I don't know what to make of it. :\

dude

dude
The Take Out Bandit said:
Not really.

I should be on "Giving strange black men I meet in Home Depot parking lots rides to their home so they can get to their wife who's in a coma at the hospital - potentially getting my face shot off for bad judgment-watch." >:O

But anyhow, enough about my exciting evening.

Not interested. 3D horror puzzler? I'm expecting some shitty animu Persona wanna-be.

If it's good, I'll eat an anchovy pizza. :\

lolz @ good art. <GAF> WESTERN ART IS HARBL, UNLESS IT'S ANIMU BITE! :lol

Speaking of which their new Shantae design. . . I don't know what to make of it. :\
That's not exactly animu. It's not anime at all, actually.

Dragmire

AnGeL LiveWii said:
0000119881.jpg
is LIT a girl?

I definitely cannot say WiiWare > Wii retail, but it's great to see so many developers jumping on board with ideas like this. Great concepts, great prices...a lot to be excited about.

Oh, and count me in for the Lolo revival bandwagon.

Syckx

yankeeforever2 said:
So did they say this was a DS game or is there alos going to be a DS version?

WayForward was tapped to do a DS version of a certain horror game and had a DS demo worked up before it was shelved by the publisher. That inspired the team to move forward with LIT.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i'm glad wayforward are in a position to do something original, but surely they could find some better use for their pixel art talents

i mean why download this when you could just point your wii web browser to myspace

Jiggy

I'm definitely on that Adventures of Lolo revival bandwagon too. So superb, so in need of a comeback. No replayability in the least, though, but that's okay as long as the price is low enough--which it probably would be.

Top Bottom