• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Waypoint: Everyone Seems Ready to Rip ME:A to Shreds

Bioware was about due for a dud IMO. They have had an amazing track record, really. If you believe the rumors then there were issues in development, as well.

I think the dogpiling is really shitty, but that doesn't mean we can't laugh at the gifs. I'm still definitely buying it once it goes on sale and I've beaten Horizon ZD.

Dubz

The game runs very poorly on the PS4 Pro. This right after Horizon comes out is not a good look for ME:A.

That being said I really like the MP.

ExVicis

lol this game isn't a technical disaster.
I agree it's not a technical disaster, but it REALLY could use polish. It's basically just littered with things that are maybe minor by themselves but there's just some much of it.. All the pop-in, the randomly blurred textures and just overall immersion NPCs really weigh down the game. All thatstuff kind of make it seem like it's a game that came a generation too late when maybe that kind of stuff was acceptable.

I would say the errors in MEA are like this. It's like a car with a couple of scratches or dings, it's maybe upsetting but if you try you can ignore it easy. One covered in them though...

I loved the ME and DA games when they first started, i watched them mature into a franchise. And just like watching a child grow up, ME3 was watching that child drop out of college. DA2 was like watching that rebellious teen hang out with the wrong group of people. And andromeda is watching that teen turn to smoking meth.

Screaming!!!!

jdstorm

Banned
Well, it certainly sounds like the perfect gaming experience

In reality thats not true for most. Destiny's ambition far exceeds what actually works within the game, and much of the experience could be greatly improved. it is closer to a 6/10 for me. (Depite playing >100 hours) because the game often fails to live up to the potential it suggests that it has.

For instance running a varied strike playlist with high level teammates is fun.

Running Sepkis Prime for the 10th time that evening due to a limited strike playlist hopeing a 3rd player will be loaded into the game or with a 3rd player who doesnt quite get it can be maddening.

StereoVsn

I agree it's not a technical disaster, but it REALLY could use polish. It's basically just littered with things that are maybe minor by themselves but there's just some much of it.. All the pop-in, the randomly blurred textures and just overall immersion NPCs really weigh down the game. All thatstuff kind of make it seem like it's a game that came a generation too late when maybe that kind of stuff was acceptable.

I would say the errors in MEA are like this. It's like a car with a couple of scratches or dings, it's maybe upsetting but if you try you can ignore it easy. One covered in them though...
It's skirting close to one though.

I am playing on PC at 3440x1440 with a 980TI (4790k, 16gb, SSD) with generally High settings.

- Facial animations, and animations in general ruin most cutscenes
- VA is uninspiring and a lot of it is pretty bad making the above mentioned cut scenes even worse
- Animation glitches galore outside cutscenes
- Pop-up is fairly bad in general...on a decent PC (I shudder at console performance)
- UI was designed for maximum annoyance alongside how crafting and outfitting is set up
- Squad AI is fairly bad and coupled with no way to properly control them or makes things go south quickly
- Seems like the game is DAI in space but worse because of the stupid low range planetside scanning mechanic and god damn 15 sec delay to move between planets and each time you enter/exit your ship
- Nomad controls worse then Mako it feels like
- Had couple of crashes
- Game hung up couple times on start up
- Writing and characterization seems subpar

The above was gleaned from the 10 hour trial. I may get the game down the road on a sale after some patches, but come on, people need to look at the game objectively and recognize that there are some major issues with it. Now that may not prevent someone from enjoying the game

CloudWolf

Articles like this is why I sometimes struggle to take gaming serious as an art form. Games are the only medium where the press will go out of their way to defend a game when the general public dislikes something. EA or BioWare don't need protection, they're multi-million dollar companies.

Top Bottom