• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We’re Seth Rich’s parents. Stop politicizing our son’s murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
the_donald: "looks like they got to his parents and they're forcing them to say this! we gotta get to the bottom of this!"

No I'm not shitting you, I've seen comments like this.

Key to a good conspiracy theory is a ever deeper rabbit hole.

And these people will rather believe craziness than admit they were wrong. Of course the Clintons paid them off/threatened them/released this statement. Of course.

Stupidity is the one human constant.

Boke1879

Their son's murder is unsolved. Would you not do everything you could to see your child's murderer brought to justice?

It'll be interesting what becomes of the Kim Dotcom stuff. He doesn't really have anything to gain by lying about it.

Get out of here with this sick shit

Syder

Sounds like Hannity is gonna double down tonight.

DAjt9ooXkAAYTOe.jpg:small
These are the words of a man in panic.

sphagnum

Banned
I mean, does "the Clintons murdered him" even pass the smell test?

As extremely public people, why would they murder someone?

There have been conspiracy theories about the Clintons murdering people for decades. I grew up hearing that garbage.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Their son's murder is unsolved. Would you not do everything you could to see your child's murderer brought to justice?

It'll be interesting what becomes of the Kim Dotcom stuff. He doesn't really have anything to gain by lying about it.

This shit should be bannable

And yet Hannity would read this and say he is one of the people trying to find the truth, completely missing the point of the article probably almost directly aimed at his cruel use of this baseless conspiracy theory for political purposes. I don't know if he is more evil or more stupid, but he's a healthy amount of both.

You mean aside from all the free attention?

rjinaz

There have been conspiracy theories about the Clintons murdering people for decades. I grew up hearing that garbage.

Yup. Won't stop until she's dead. Maybe not even then. Pathetic men that feel inadequate by her success, in politics and otherwise.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I can't believe this Seth Rich story is blowing up, aided by Fox News. This conspiracy theory was all over TD throughout the campaign and continued to be so up until now... It's just crazies doubling down, sometimes tripling down.

They will not stop.

I can't believe this Seth Rich story is blowing up, aided by Fox News. This conspiracy theory was all over TD throughout the campaign and continued to be so up until now... It's just crazies doubling down, sometimes tripling down.

They will not stop.

They stopped Pizzagate (I think) possibly after some legal threats

Xe4

Banned
Everyone believing in, or worse, spreading this conspiracy is a MONSTER. That's all I have to say.

Fuck Hannity.
Fuck Fox News.
Fuck Kim dot com.
Fuck all fake news sites.
Fuck posters on all sites spreading this shit.
That's all.

Ogodei

This might be one of those cases where a libel suit could work, or can you libel a dead person with impunity?

Xe4

Banned
This might be one of those cases where a libel suit could work, or can you libel a dead person with impunity?
I think libel only deals with money lost, which would not be the case here.

Maybe a case can be made on harrasment. Either way, even though they won't these ducks deserve to be brought to justice for fucking ruining this families life.

What exactly are you insinuating?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Apologies if this was already mentioned, but this shows as 5 min ago:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/23/sean-hannity-fox-rich-238751

Hannity steps back from DNC staffer conspiracies

Fox News host Sean Hannity said on Tuesday he would step back from discussing the murder of former DNC staffer Seth Rich, hours after the slain staffer's family made an emotional public plea for media figures to ”stop politicizing our son's murder."

Hannity, who has devoted numerous segments of his program in recent weeks to an unproven conspiracy that Rich, a former staffer for the Democratic National Committee, had been murdered as retaliation for leaking documents to WikiLeaks, said he would not continue discussing the matter out of respect for Rich's family

”Out of respect for the family's wishes for now, I am not discussing this matter at this time," Hannity said on his program.

Its such a disgrace that assholes on either end of the political spectrum have tried to politicize their son.

Burn in hell Sean Hannity, Wikileaks, Jimmy Dore, and Kim Dotcom

Wait a minute, that fuck is also in on the conspiracy theories as well? Honestly wouldn't surprise me. Christ that guy a fucking lunatic.

re: Kim Dotcom

For a while I was onboard with this dude, with his fight against the big bad suits and all, but I see through this fucker now. All he truly cares about is his fame, money and ways to get out of the charges laid against him.

cameron

Everyone believing in, oe worse, proposing this conspiracy is a MONSTER. That's all I have to say.

Fuck Hannity.
Fuck Fox News.
Fuck Kim dot com.
Fuck all fake news sites.
Fuck posters on all sites spreading this shit.
That's all.

And Rod Wheeler. Fuck that guy in particular.
One version of the Rich story this week came from a Washington, D.C., Fox News affiliate, Fox 5, which cited a private investigator who claimed to have uncovered evidence of the collusion.

Rod Wheeler, an ex-D.C. homicide detective who works now as a private investigator and occasional Fox News contributor, claimed in an interview with the D.C.-based Fox affiliate that the proof resides in Rich's laptop.

"You have sources at the FBI saying that there is information that could link Seth Rich to WikiLeaks?" the Fox 5 reporter asked.

"Absolutely," Wheeler said. "And that's confirmed."

FoxNews.com reported separately that the private investigator said, "My investigation up to this point shows there was some degree of email exchange between Seth Rich and WikiLeaks."

Wheeler, who was dismissed from the DC Metropolitan Police Department in 1995, has since recanted his story.

"I only got that [information] from the reporter at Fox News," Wheeler told CNN.

He later told BuzzFeed that he was taken out of context by Fox reporters.

"That story on Fox 5 last night was inaccurate," Wheeler said. "I don't even know where the computers are."
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/one-last-time-that-seth-rich-story-is-garbage/article/2623382

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom