• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We are Nintendo, You cannot beat us

Kilau

For some reason this is trending again, so for all of you who haven't seen this gem of a commercial from Australia in the 1980s, Merry Christmas!

GCF2gHzaAAAtYDZ

I don't need to. Practically the whole fanbase is past the halfway point in their life. Many on their last legs. Once half of them perish, tablets will replace them for good unless they actually innovate instead of gimmick selling for once in their existance.

RickMasters

What do you mean I can’t beat you Nintendo? I’ve beaten faxanadu, mega man, super Mario, and many more….. I kicked your ass as a kid and I’ll do it again when I get a switch 2. *cracks knuckles*

Always love this advert. Shame we never got it world wide.

IAmRei

I don't need to. Practically the whole fanbase is past the halfway point in their life. Many on their last legs. Once half of them perish, tablets will replace them for good unless they actually innovate instead of gimmick selling for once in their existance.
That's might not be true, as we see, nintendo deploys tactic in which disney used back then. The parents affect their children to play nintendo as well, and regeneration cycle is repeated many times already in these decades. That's might be how pokemon grows as biggest franchise since few years ago.

Robb

Gold Member
I feel like Nintendo is the only company not chasing Gaas.
I feel they’re just not as explicit/vocal in defining what a game is and isn’t compared to other publishers.

Surely Splatoon, Mario Kart, Smash Bros. etc. fall under GAAS? They get small amounts of continuous content, both paid and not, for years to keep people playing.

I guess maybe they’re not chasing the trend by trying to make all their games GAAS or something like that though, but still.

Tams

I feel they’re just not as explicit/vocal in defining what a game is and isn’t compared to other publishers.

Surely Splatoon, Mario Kart, Smash Bros. etc. fall under GAAS? They get small amounts of continuous content, both paid and not, for years to keep people playing.

I guess maybe they’re not chasing the trend by trying to make all their games GAAS or something like that though, but still.

The thing with all of those is that should the servers go offline for whatever reason, they'd still be great games to play.

For all of them, there is an adequate amount of single player content/playability, and they all have local multiplayer.

The thing with all of those is that should the servers go offline for whatever reason, they'd still be great games to play.

For all of them, there is an adequate amount of single player content/playability, and they all have local multiplayer.
Bingo.. Always-on like junk will disappear and die leaving no trace at some point. Only some will survive via fan made servers like you see with old MMOs etc.

Nintendo is the last of the three you can accuse of having old fanbases. They are the only ones willing to market to children. They are also in handhelds, which are where all flatscreen gaming going to end up once we reached "good enough" graphics. Yes, there are less children over time, but they are still being born and parents are still willing to trust Nintendo. Toy makers make toys, and everyone need toys.

I just hopped back online with PSO:BB earlier this week. The old grind is as great as ever.
Just looked it up - that's awesome. Player run shards for this kind of stuff are awesome, I still play Ultima Online free shards myself! I might have to check out this PSO server at some point!

BlackTron

The amount of salt and copium over Nintendo's success is more entertaining than any old commercial.

Top Bottom