• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We Happy Few Will Cost $50.99 with the final release on August 16

fireflame

What i saw during the e3 trailer in 2016 gave me a feeling of eseeing a tribute to Bioshock. Is this totally no the case and what fun can you have playing alone?

Blobbers

Is this still procedurally generated or are there now actual levels like everyone was led to believe during the awesome reveal video?

Gator86

What i saw during the e3 trailer in 2016 gave me a feeling of eseeing a tribute to Bioshock. Is this totally no the case and what fun can you have playing alone?

Difficult to think of a less Bioshock game from what I played the of Early Access build on Xbone. It was also bad.

Carlius

Banned
Yup. Loved the demo, looked like a nice lil mix of Telltale and Bioshock.

Then it's a survival crafting game... okay then.
wtf... i thought it was like a bioshock telltale game too... i had no idea it was survival. well then, there goes my interest.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
It's always a shock to the system to see these early access games jump in price when they leave early access. I keep holding off on Fire Pro Wrestling, but I sure hope they warn us before it leaves EA, because I'll get off my ass at that point.

CuNi

I'm still amazed about how they revealed the game at E3 and then, with surgical precision cut off all of my intereset when it went from what seemed to be a Stealth game in a Distopian future, to a weird procedurally generated survival game.

The first time I saw some gameplay on Twitch, I legitemately was sure I clicked the wrong game... I am still sad to this day about the ( imo ) wasted oppertunity for a very narratively strong SP game.

Timeaisis

Odd price, but if it's good I'll pay it. I could've swore it was smaller scale, though. But hey, maybe it's really freaking good.

BraXzy

I was just wondering what happened to this game.

Looked so good at E3... then they hit early access and it was just a survival game.

Easily one of the biggest disappointments of recent years, so intriguing and then.. oh.

Brave price point, for their sake let's hope it pays off.

prudislav

It's always been a survival game. The E3 vid wasn't the reveal.
NOPE,
E3 vid was prologue to story mode which is exclusive to v1.0 and beyond, .... starting to get annoying to explain it over and over and over again
as they say in this weeks journal http://compulsiongames.com/en/news/136/weekly-journal-the-deep-breath-before-the-plunge
Last week we posted our first message that the Early Access discount price was reaching its full price on the 16th. We saw a lot of misinformation going around, and wanted to make sure we cleared things up:

• The full game is not releasing on the 16th. We are releasing the last major update on the 16th, and then we'll be working full time on the story and the 1.0 release. It will still be some time away. As we've said before, maintaining the Early Access build and the story build as separate entities is difficult, and becoming unworkable. We can now concentrate all of our efforts on making the story the best it can be.
  • We wanted to let you know about the price in advance because it is the right thing to do. We'll explain more next week, but for now the main reason we announced the price was to make sure no one felt like they were being snuck up on.
  • The final game will contain the full story we have been working on for the past 3 years. A lot of gamers who haven't played the game think it is currently just a survival sandbox, completely unaware that it contain around 90 fully voiced over encounters or that you can remove the survival settings. The game has changed a great deal since the Early Access release, so if you see people around talking about ”just another survival game", we'd appreciate if you pointed them in the direction of recent changes :)
  • The new price has ruffled some feathers. It might not have been obvious how much we have been growing as a studio and how much the scope of the game has changed. But the game has evolved in alignment with the public's expectations. We cannot always show what is going on behind closed doors studio and the game has become so much bigger since we first announced the project. We will now be able to make the best game that we can, and we're very excited about what's coming.

Even if it's a great game?

It's like the NMS and Witness price threads all over again.

What is the price limit for an indie game? $40 like Shadow Tactics, Torment, and Talos Principle?

Well NMS and Witness were grossly over priced so that doesn't really bode well if we happy few is like them. I'm totally fine with $30-60 dollar indie games, but I'm also going to be more critical of those games in terms of dropping my cash on them if they're not good or lacking in content.

CuNi

NOPE,
E3 vid was prologue to story mode which is exclusive to v1.0 and beyond, .... starting to get annoying to explain it over and over and over again
as they say in this weeks journal http://compulsiongames.com/en/news/136/weekly-journal-the-deep-breath-before-the-plunge

Oh.. well then one could blame their marketing or PR team as, honestly, I have thought the very same thing.

I'll wait for 1.0 then and make sure to give it another look ,as E3 looked so promising but the sandbox early access made me back out in dissapointment.

Thank's for that!

Mariip

I was one of the people who thought this game had a great premise but wasted on a sandbox survival... i'm really glad it has a campaign, i've always loved that "brave new world"/"clockwork orange"/"1984" vibes it had, if i can handle the fps camera i'm definitely buying it (i have motion sickness)

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
The final game will contain the full story we have been working on for the past 3 years. A lot of gamers who haven’t played the game think it is currently just a survival sandbox, completely unaware that it contain around 90 fully voiced over encounters or that you can remove the survival settings. The game has changed a great deal since the Early Access release, so if you see people around talking about “just another survival game”, we’d appreciate if you pointed them in the direction of recent changes :)

Very, very nice. I knew it had 'levels' and story per se, but had no idea you could take off survival elements as well. I'll play it as it was intended, but I'm sure that it's going be better for some people.

Top Bottom