• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We Love Katamari - hard to find now!

Baron

I put off picking up We Love Katamari when it was released way back because I felt I still had playtime left in the first game, and I wasn't ready to move on just quite yet. But as the PS2 generation winds down, I decided to look around for some older games I never got around to buying, including We Love Katamari.

Lo and behold, it was nearly impossible to find outside ebay. No big web retailers have any copies for sale, so I placed orders at 3 smallish web stores I found in a Froogle search that claimed to be selling new copies of the game, and was later notified by every one of them that they did not, in fact, have any copies of the game left, and that my order had been summarily cancelled. I called every game store in a 50 mile radius, and not a single one of them had a copy available. It's only been out, what, a year and a half in the US?

I had to resort to buying the copy my local Blockbuster had on the shelves for rental. I swiped the case & manual from the shelf when the clerks weren't looking, so I have essentially a complete copy of the game, and luckily the rental disc was in very good condition. Clearly few people had rented this game.

So just a heads up for those planning on getting this game: better get it now before it's too late.

arne

Ironic that one of the Targets around here still had like 15 copies of this back in early November. I didn't pick one up :(

Also that's at regular retail price which was... $29.99? $19.99? not $40 that I see online.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
so awesome.
music is just as good as the first, too.

i still remember when i played the original, i had no clue all the lyrics to the music were connected to katamaris in some way--the one that really caught me off guard was that charlie kosei lounge song, which was a complete work of art.

sorry to hear it's hard to find now, but go out of your way. you won't regret it.

Johnas

I was in GS today, dude there told me God of War is also really hard to find, as well as PS2s in general.

I believe him I guess, but I was surprised, especially since God of War is a GH. I thought there were still tons around.

arne said:
Also that's at regular retail price which was... $29.99? $19.99? not $40 that I see online.

Yeah, it was $29.99 new. That and the horrible boxart caused a small uproar around here.

Johnas said:
I was in GS today, dude there told me God of War is also really hard to find, as well as PS2s in general.

I believe him I guess, but I was surprised, especially since God of War is a GH. I thought there were still tons around.

I did have a lot of trouble finding a non-GH version of GOW some months after it went GH..

Any ways, I didn't think We Love Katamari would dry up. Does this mean the PSP game is going to be uber rare in the future?

Baron

The King shoots freakin' laser bolts out of his eyes at you when you fail in this game. Now that's hardcore.

failed.png

BUY BUY NOW

Umino

Because certain people need something to talk about.
Yea I bought mine at $7 a few days ago and they had 4 left. I had no idea they were rare.

mCACGj

I was really happy and upset at the same time when they announced a sequel. I loved the original, probably one of my favorite games of all time when it's all said and done, but I wanted it to be just that game, but I still wanted more. Then I played through We <3 Katamari and it was the perfect sequel, I still play it.

With that said, I seem to recall seeing some copies at my local EB a month ago, haven't been there in a while though.

Baron

Omie said:
I went to Target last week and they had like 5 of them for 7.xx

I unfortunately do not have a Target within a 50 square mile radius of my home. Hooray for you, though.

Grayman

A Link to the Snitch said:
I bought it a few days after its release.

:)
I got it really close to release too. I got it with my pre order of shadow of the colossus so it didn't get played a lot. X-men legends 2 came out within weeks of it as well.

It's still selling cheap in the UK/Euro... for example Play.com and Amazon.co.uk both have it for 17.99... eBay.co.uk prices are topping at at 14.99

Barnolde

Banned
Rented it from Gamefly and kept it for like $27. Good game, but I think I liked the first one better, I sure played it more.

Senretsu

I noticed it was getting rare near the end of the summer. I couldn't find it anywhere, I ended up finding one lone copy at a BB and snagged it.

Fun game.

Top Bottom