• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WE8: new scans and new feints

Snowball

Banned
http://koti.welho.com/tsederh2/we8/we8_1n.jpg
http://koti.welho.com/tsederh2/we8/we8_2n.jpg
http://koti.welho.com/tsederh2/we8/we8_3n.jpg

That's what i figure out.

Left pics:
1. 2 players Free kick
2 e 3. Body feint in order to disorient the opponent

Right pics:
1, 2 e 3. High ball, the player stops the ball with his chest while running and control it (cooooool)
4 e 5. C. Ronaldo feint. While running the player touch the ball with the rear of the foot. It's hard to explain but C. Ronaldo does this many times in a match.
6, 7 e 8. It seems that the player is touched while he's doing a long pass. Since he has just one foot that's touching the ground is easy for him to fall down.

What do you think guys?

Snowball

I think the character models look pretty shoddy, though I'd prefer shoddy character models to massive slowdown during goalkicks (EURO 2004 I'm looking in your direction).

Snowball

Banned
Mike Works said:
I think the character models look pretty shoddy, though I'd prefer shoddy character models to massive slowdown during goalkicks (EURO 2004 I'm looking in your direction).

Consider this:

1. Usually when you play Winning Eleven you choose the "wide camera". The larger portion of the field you see, the better you play. It's very important in a soccer game to see many players of your team moving in order to apply tactics and so on (Sensible Soccer docet).

With a wide view (someone is saying that WE8 will include a "even wider camera" view) you CANNOT see all the players details. So it is pretty unuseful if you exclude situations like FREE KICKS, PENALTIES and CUT SCENES.

2. Many people said in past that Winning is not as good as Fifa concerning graphics. And maybe if you count polygons, textures,... they could be right. The difference between to games (com'on the main difference is that comparing Fifa to Winning is like to compare shit to chocolate) is the ANIMATION of players.
When you see a picture of Winning you can maybe say: "mmm, I'm not convinced".

But when you see it live and moving, it's a total blast for your eyes.
IMHO.

Cya
Snowball

Snowball

Banned
Deepthroat said:
Nice. GOTY contender indeed :)

Too bad the interest for soccer is so low at this forum :(

Well, if you consider the time I and my friends spent playing this game, it should be game of the decade (century) not of the year.

I'm playing this game since its first installment, ages ago.
The first chapter in which i saw that this game had great potential was
Winning Eleven 3.

With Winning Eleven 3 Final Evolution i stopped thinkin about other soccers.

:p

xabre

Banned
And is there going to be be online for the PC version or not, and when's that coming out? I couldn't care less about the PS2 version.

Greekboy

Banned
Mike Works said:

Did you try both the PS2 and Xbox versions of Euro 2004? I did and the slowdown was much much worse in the Xbox version.

Top Bottom