• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weapons In Games That Made You Feel Awesome

8253014024_060622a62f.jpg

HF Blade from Metal Gear Rising

Railgun.jpg

Railgun from Metal Gear Solid 4

Nunchuku.jpg

Nunchucks from Ninja Gaiden

320px-HD_SHINOBI_FX_by_0kronos0.png

Akujiki from Shinobi (PS2)

Nunchuks/Flail in Legend of Mana (will take ages to find pics, look up tech vids on youtube)

Weak techs, but the graphic effects are awesome as hell (also, more than one of the techs directly references Bruce Lee movies)

FlyFaster

1st thing that came to mind was the RCP90 from Goldeneye 64
rcp.jpg

I guess only thing better would be 2 of them...

images.jpg

;)

close 2nd would be the
SBP90 machinegun in timesplitters

SBP90.PNG

The ump and models in MW2 made me feel like a god ... miss them days : (. Oh and that cerebral boar weapon from Turok 2. The sound it made makes me smile.

K5T7rM7.png

Tournesol from Final Fantasy XII...not the best great sword but it's got the best freaking design out of all of them, it does great damage and after all the work you have to do to earn the darn thing, it is well worth it!

Eternal Sphere from Star Ocean 2-This thing was some overpowered stupidity. It was one of the strongest toys around, you could get it on the first disc with a little luck and every swing caused little stars to fly out and hit the enemy, usually dizzying them...and in this game, if you can keep them dizzy, you got the fight largely won. Sadly they nerfed this badly on the remake and made it lag so bad, you were forced to go with something else.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What about the 'ole Dragon Slayer? I miss LoM :(
I only did have it equipped for a short time! Before everyone was walking around with Dragon Slayer,, JM was God-tier status :lol. Glad to see another LoM-player on GAF :3

Jordan

I only did have it equipped for a short time! Before everyone was walking around with Dragon Slayer,, JM was God-tier status :lol. Glad to see another LoM-player on GAF :3

Yeah, I remember getting my first JM was at Sabuk Wall, curse +4 and walking around like "Yes, I'm that bad ass" - Then got the Dragon Slayer in a huge PVP fight in the middle of BC waiting for the infamous Evil Centipede!

jambo

The guns in DOOM and UT99.

Flak Cannon in UT3 was also amazing at close range.

Halo's Needler, especially when you land enough needles to make them explode.

Ctrl+ F

Gravity Gun.

For shame, gentlemen.

It's still so incredibly satisfying when you line up a few enemies with a radiator or circular saw.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yeah, I remember getting my first JM was at Sabuk Wall, curse +4 and walking around like "Yes, I'm that bad ass" - Then got the Dragon Slayer in a huge PVP fight in the middle of BC waiting for the infamous Evil Centipede!
Fuck, how did one even manage to grab loot during Sabuk Wall wars? So much clutter! I even remember Axen, a GM, helping Cavalieri Templari out when they had the wall! Remember Trooperr? He got like the first Dragon Slayer during easter egg event and immediately cursed it :lol Hilarious shit

Mik_Pad

Banned
Namean Cestus - God of War III
Full Upgraded Shotgun - Resistance 3
Full Upgraded Shotgun - BioShock 2
Molotov - The Last of Us
Hidden Blades - AC II
Gurney Bomb - Twisted Metal
Gekigami - Okami
Too many to mention - Saints Row The Third

SirNinja

Double grenade/rocket launchers in Goldeneye. Actually, pretty much double anything in Goldeneye. Shooting stuff was never so much fun (probably because everything exploded when destroyed).

Modern example? The Killstar from Blood Dragon.

Rndm

For me the Wonder Weapons in the Zombies Mode in the Treyarch CoD games were always pretty cool, because they really embody a weapon that makes me feel awesome; they pretty much kill quite a few very strong zombies in one hit and they are also very creative most of the time.

But also guns that are not so easy to handle give me that awesome feeling, like some sniper rifles or crossbows, something where being good at is a challenge.

Jordan

Fuck, how did one even manage to grab loot during Sabuk Wall wars? Remember Trooperr? He got like the first Dragon Slayer during easter egg event and immediately cursed it :lol Hilarious shit

I was a Phoenix Server player unfortunately. Looting during Sabuk was easy, I'm sure you could use the tab key to pick up. I think my character spent more time red than anything else on that damn game.

Erm, as I'm spamming the thread without any real contribution...

Just any of the street furniture in State of Emergency... Beating people with benches and shit was just hilarious.

Hollow

.357 magnum - Half Life 2
32.jpg

Dragon Greatsword - Dark Souls
9ETnK.jpg

Meat Clever - Demon's Souls
meat-cleaver-on-hand-large.jpg

I could fill this thread with Demon's Souls/Dark Souls weapons.

Mik_Pad

Banned
For me the Wonder Weapons in the Zombies Mode in the Treyarch CoD games were always pretty cool, because they really embody a weapon that makes me feel awesome; they pretty much kill quite a few very strong zombies in one hit and they are also very creative most of the time.

But also guns that are not so easy to handle give me that awesome feeling, like some sniper rifles or crossbows, something where being good at is a challenge.
Great choice, Treyarch struck gold with Nazi Zombies.

Steroyd

Bow and Arrow - The Last of Us
Hunting Rifle - Th Last of Us
Cereberal Bore - Turok
R.Y.NO. - Ratchet and Clank
Bolt Gun - Killzone
Every BOOM headshotting shotgun in every game ever.

Yoshichan

I was a Phoenix Server player unfortunately. Looting during Sabuk was easy, I'm sure you could use the tab key to pick up. I think my character spent more time red than anything else on that damn game.
Shiiiiieeet! A Phoenixer, didn't expect that, haha! Well nice to meet you anyway man :3
Erm, as I'm spamming the thread without any real contribution...
Oh, right! Half-Life (1) shotgun... sooooooo good.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Five-seveN in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.

ooh-hoo-hoo, you have a Glock, that's adorable.

Top Bottom